General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

this is how i am going to do it what u think?

Search this Thread

Old 25-09-2007, 09:47 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default this is how i am going to do it what u think?

right been out to the car tonight group A fuel pump arrived today going to do the wiring as follows,run 2 wires from the battery 1 live with 20 amp fuse,1 earth run it down the n/s of car following ogiginal route up and above the rear lights then run th wires down into the spare wheel holder(taping them to the floor as well as foam to protect them from rubbing)locate new 40 amp relay and holder next to the fuel cut off switch then use the feed from the cut off switch to the pump as the feed for the new relay(so the cut out switch will still cut out the new circuit if needed )earth out the switching side of the new relay to the boot catch where my amp is earthed.Then run the new live from battery to the new relay and down to the pump through original grommit,run the earth from the battery straight to the pump through the same grommit !what ya think?
Old 26-09-2007, 06:48 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

DON'T locate the relay in the wheel well, mositure will settle here, locate somewhere else like behind rear seat there is a nice predrilled hole for bracket of relay holder on n/s near top or metal work.
tabetha