General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Renting a ramp?

Search this Thread

Old 18-09-2007 | 03:06 PM
johnny boy rs
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Default Renting a ramp?

I wanna do some work on the underside of my car over the winter and want to rent a ramp to work on it.

Does anyone know anyone with a workshop i could rent/ use one for a couple of saturdays to do this work on? Wouldnt need there help just the use of the ramp?
Old 19-09-2007 | 07:46 AM
johnny boy rs

anyone????
Old 19-09-2007 | 05:02 PM
Eagle
Super Moderator

i asked my mechanic about doing this to raise some cash whilst he was not using it per hour ...
but if he needed to use it for his business and the work on the car was not finished like major bits missing he could not just drop it on the ground and move it ..
might be worth going around smaller garages and asking em to be honest .. might find someone who wont mind...
Old 20-09-2007 | 07:32 AM
johnny boy rs

Cheers mate.

Nothing major is gonna be taken off the car while the cars on the ramp. only maybe the exhaust to be honest. Just wanted to get a new coat of sealer on the underside over the winter so no rust can start up.

Have approached a couple of garages but they say that they are only open till 12 on a sat so it would be pointless using there's as by the time i started getting my teeth into it i would have to start packing up for them to close
Old 20-09-2007 | 08:18 AM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Originally Posted by johnny boy rs
Cheers mate.

Nothing major is gonna be taken off the car while the cars on the ramp. only maybe the exhaust to be honest. Just wanted to get a new coat of sealer on the underside over the winter so no rust can start up.

Have approached a couple of garages but they say that they are only open till 12 on a sat so it would be pointless using there's as by the time i started getting my teeth into it i would have to start packing up for them to close
Johnny,
if you know anyone at a garage ask them if you can do it when they are closed for a bit of cash...........
Old 20-09-2007 | 08:20 AM
RS2000CUSTOM
Advanced PassionFord User

I charge £50 for a Saturday (available 12:00 till 20:00) including compressed air and 3 phase leccy and 2 Poster ramp

I find "Main Dealer" techs would rather do their foreigners in the luxury of a workshop than rolling around the floor so factor in the cost of hiring my workshop when giving quotes for work and usually have 2 or 3 jobs to get sorted during the day

BUT

Sorry mate I am in Wednesbury - West Midlands
Old 20-09-2007 | 08:47 AM
johnny boy rs

Dan the only problem with that is they probably dont want someone there they dont really know on there own for that amount of time, so then i will have to pay someone to be there while im working.

I cant think of anyone i can really ask that is open all day on a sat!