General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Social services...

Search this Thread

Old 14-09-2007, 01:06 AM
geoffxr4
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Social services...

Does anybody know much about social services. I know they are only doing a neccessary job etc, but sometimes they try to dig for information where there aren't any real concerns.

A mate of mine has social services sniffing around and they are generally impolite and bullying in nature, and they have taken to removing the child in question from school and taking her to mcdonalds for questioning. This seems highly questionable as the child is being rewarded for time spend with the social worker. It is also uncomfortable to know that an unknown social worker can arrive at school and remove a child and then spend time alone with them.. Surely this cant be good practice can it...?

The child in question is a happy healthy 5 year old whose mum has had a few problems in the past but is absolutely fine now.

Anybody know much abotu social services or had any dealings with them in teh past..?
Old 14-09-2007, 01:13 AM
jawanne

once you have let them in theuy will allways be a round it happen to my mate as him and his missis was allways bitching at each other .......... i dont no y they can take kids out of school as half of them are f**king pedos but some times they have helped some kids fromgetting batterd ............
Old 14-09-2007, 01:16 AM
jawanne

so wat did the mum do wrong /drugs///////////
Old 14-09-2007, 06:50 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have been through this, had toi get a solicitors letter to the POLICE and SS in the end stating that we would not allow them access to the child, unless they had a court order.
I had 27 complaints against myself in a two year period, ALL untrue I would like to point out.
Some classics included dragging him(my lad) up the stairs and hanging him out of the upstairs window, this was fully investigated by SS, despite the fact that the anonymous complainant gave the address(so no confusion) and the best bit we live in a BUNGALOW.
Another time I am supposed to of hit him, I was in germany, he was not even where the complainant(anon) said, he was at hospital with other half due to spraining his ankle doing a back flip on the settee.
Complainant tells of bruises, so another visit, SS very concerned and call the POLICE, I call my brief, bruises are certainly there.
As he does JU JITSU three times a week, and had just done a week away on tournament this is not suprising.
A time at the school he saw the police lady ran to me and grabbed me for comfort, the police lady(FPO) from swaffham and SS from wymondham said they found that suspicious!!
After taking him out of school the sixth time plus numerous home visits, we said this has to stop big btime so went solicitor.
They do NOT have the authority to even speak to the child unless the parent is present, and that parent gives permission.
If no permisssionis given, they can only see the child with a court order.
tabetha
Old 14-09-2007, 10:28 AM
geoffxr4

They do NOT have the authority to even speak to the child unless the parent is present, and that parent gives permission.
This is very interesting. Are there any law's or regulations listed somewhere that says this officially so that it can be quoted to SS?
Old 14-09-2007, 11:53 AM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by geoffxr4
This is very interesting. Are there any law's or regulations listed somewhere that says this officially so that it can be quoted to SS?
BE VERY CAREFUL ON THIS:

I am pretty sure that if SS has resonable suspicion that a child is being mentally or physically harmed, they do have the powers to speak to the child AS LONG AS THE PARENTS ARE AWARE. They do not have to have the parents consent..... thy only have to have a court order if the parents contest giving the child up.

I know this purely because i was taken into care from a young age.

If your friends truly feel that the SS are taking things a little too far, tell them to speak to the senior social worker, and ask for a fully justifiable report on why they feel it necessary to continue with the investigations they are making.

If they dont agree with the report, thats when they can seek legal action, the CAB being the best unbias route to take.
Old 14-09-2007, 11:58 AM
dvid
PassionFord Post Troll

I'm a foster carer, where would you lke me to start!
Old 14-09-2007, 01:40 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my social worker was an arse... she blatently wasnt concerned about my welfare, this was proved when my foster mothers boyfriend walked into my room in the middle of the night, stark bollock naked..... i screamed, and he was apparently 'sleep walking'. This bloke hadnt even been police checked, as he was just a boyfriend of my then foster mum, and he shouldnt of been sleeping there in the first place! all my social worker said was '' well lets take it as a one off incident''

needless to say i ran away when i was 15 and have lived independantly ever since for the past 11 years.
Old 14-09-2007, 01:54 PM
cressy
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

from my own dealings with with there a complete waste of time,space & tax payers money
Old 14-09-2007, 02:28 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

taking them from school to McD's

Surely this is wrong on all levels,

a) the school allowing the child to leave the premises
b) making a child think it is ok to go off with a stranger
c) taking a child to eat McD's, not exactly Jamie Oliver healthy school meals is it??

I could understand if the child was spoken to in a classroom at school with two Social workers present, maybe even a teacher

TBH, I think social workers should have the power to step in, but think most are not governed closley enough and most likely get to concentrated on their own view rather than getting the fact down.

The cases I have heard of in the past were a kid has died, or been abused and it has come to light later is "Social services looked into the case but found nothing of concern" can't see the wood for the trees if you ask me