General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

F1 MCLAEREN LOSE ALL THERE POINTS

Search this Thread

Old 14-09-2007 | 06:17 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

there was nothing in the statement regarding the pit boxes, that is for next year as they won't have any points, which means they will have lost out the money for geeting points (circa £30mill) which means they will have the crappest pit box
the reason they can drive this years race with the same car is, as previously stated, you can't submit a car in december and then change it radically in may bceause of the time and effort needed to get it through all the testing etc
which explains why they will be looking very carefully at next years car to make sure that none of the "secrets" that may or may not have been contained in the 780 pages that caused the problem in the first place, have been used or have influenced the design of the car in any way

the basics are that the fia has said "look, we can't be sure if you have or haven't gained anything from this escapade, but to show that we have to cinsider you bringing hte sport into disrepute by not telling anyone right from the off of what was going on as soon as you mac boys knew there was something fishy, we've got to hammer you good and proper, it's not like you can't afford it, you aren't the size and budget of something like the spiker cars really, and because we can't actually give you a clobbering for this year as the season is almost over, we're going to clober you for next year, and if you still kick up a fuss then you won't be racing at all, so take the punishment dished out like a man and deal with it" or words to that efect

personally, i think it's the only decision they could have reached, stripping the drivers of points would have ammounted to nothing but a backlash against the fia because they've done nothing wrong really
Old 14-09-2007 | 06:45 AM
edd
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by Rich_w
However, this seems extraordinarily harsh. $100M is a substantial proportion of McLaren's operating budget.
it's about 1/5th which is actually fuck all

and fuck mclaren ive always been a maclaren fan but rons been talking out his fucking arse lately. and hamilton is the next twatting shumi cheating wanker in the making.
Old 14-09-2007 | 06:47 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

Originally Posted by edd
However, this seems extraordinarily harsh. $100M is a substantial proportion of McLaren's operating budget.
it's about 1/5th which is actually fuck all.
i should think that £50 million will hurt but at the same time its about time the FIA lad the law down
Old 14-09-2007 | 07:19 AM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by edd
and hamilton is the next twatting shumi cheating wanker in the making.
except he's English, so it doesn't matter.
Old 14-09-2007 | 07:53 AM
dojj

Originally Posted by jay.
Originally Posted by edd
it's about 1/5th which is actually fuck all.
i should think that £50 million will hurt but at the same time its about time the FIA lad the law down
there was talk of them appealing to the british high court, but wtf have they got to do with anything?
ron should take it lke a man, the captain always goes down with his ship so if someones; going to get the blame he should shoulder it
Old 14-09-2007 | 08:05 AM
whittyscossy
Regular Contributor

lets just hope that one of drivers can win the championship ( i.e lewis )

i cant stand ferrari there stuck up cunts!
Old 14-09-2007 | 08:18 AM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by whittyscossy
lets just hope that one of drivers can win the championship ( i.e lewis )

i cant stand ferrari there stuck up cunts!
i would say Alonso/lewis and ron dennis are far more arrogant than

(pissed up mainly) kimi/massa and jean todt
Old 14-09-2007 | 08:23 AM
focusv8
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The reason Mclaren have been punished is in rule 151 c.

"151. Breach of rules
Any of the following offences in addition to any offences specifically referred to previously, shall be deemed to be a breach of these rules :
a) All bribery or attempt, directly or indirectly, to bribe any person having official duties in relation to a competition or being employed in any manner in connection with a competition and the acceptance of, or offer to accept, any bribe by such an official or employee.
b) Any action having as its object the entry or participation in a competition of an automobile known to be ineligible therefor.
c) Any fraudulent conduct or any act prejudicial to the interests of any competition or to the interests of motor sport generally."

Ferrari have been just as negligent in letting one of their staff remove "secrets" from their organisation, as Mclaren have for allowing one of theirs to receive the secrets.

I can see an appeal to the F.I A based on that coming soon.

An appeal to the High Court could be on the basis of a contract dispute between F.I.A and Mclaren.

Old 14-09-2007 | 08:47 AM
Dan
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by jay.
dan the FIA are inspecting the current car to lol calm down dear
This aint no commercial Jay!
Old 14-09-2007 | 08:51 AM
dojj

Originally Posted by focusv8
The reason Mclaren have been punished is in rule 151 c.

"151. Breach of rules
Any of the following offences in addition to any offences specifically referred to previously, shall be deemed to be a breach of these rules :
a) All bribery or attempt, directly or indirectly, to bribe any person having official duties in relation to a competition or being employed in any manner in connection with a competition and the acceptance of, or offer to accept, any bribe by such an official or employee.
b) Any action having as its object the entry or participation in a competition of an automobile known to be ineligible therefor.
c) Any fraudulent conduct or any act prejudicial to the interests of any competition or to the interests of motor sport generally."

Ferrari have been just as negligent in letting one of their staff remove "secrets" from their organisation, as Mclaren have for allowing one of theirs to receive the secrets.

I can see an appeal to the F.I A based on that coming soon.

An appeal to the High Court could be on the basis of a contract dispute between F.I.A and Mclaren.

but ferarri haven't actually comitted any "fraud" and they are also taking their ex mechanic to court over this matter as well
maclaren should have made a noise as soon as anyone found out, the fact that the photocopier place caleld up marenallo and said "we've got a load of stuff here that seems to belong to you and says "do not copy" on it, do you want us to continue" has fucked them, regardless of who did or didn';t know about it at the time, someone shudl have blown the whistle
sacking someone because your competition has found out they were skying against them for you is a bit of a pathetic way to try and cover your tracks
Old 14-09-2007 | 08:58 AM
seand
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

CHEATS...
Old 14-09-2007 | 09:07 AM
It's Czech Mate

F1 is now officially finished

The FIA are so far in Ferarris power that nothing fair would ever happen.

The documents were to prove that Ferarri were cheating in the early races of this season with a moveable undertray......which they have removed..and funnily enough lost their performance advantage when they did! None of the hearings have had any proof in them that Mclaren have gained any performance advantage. In the eyes of the law guilt must be proven

This decision is so bad for the sport...potential and current sponsors will not want to be associated with this especially when F1 is struggling for decent investors as it is!
Old 14-09-2007 | 09:13 AM
foreverwhite
Banned

i'd rather watch my dad t-boning my mum whilst my uncle humms on my dads ballox than watch F1.
Old 14-09-2007 | 11:22 AM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by foreverwhite
i'd rather watch my dad t-boning my mum whilst my uncle humms on my dads ballox than watch F1.
weird
Old 14-09-2007 | 11:56 AM
seand
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by foreverwhite
I THINK IT'S A BIT BORING PERSONALLY... LIKE MUCH CIRCUIT RACING.
I FAR RATHER RALLYING WHERE EVERY SPECIAL STAGE IS A DIFFERENT CHALLENGE

BUT THAT'S MY OPINION.
Old 14-09-2007 | 02:08 PM
AndyBlackFRST

So Fararri have not been affected at all.. even though it was one of their staff that game the information over?

Typical Farrari running the F1 also..
Old 14-09-2007 | 08:09 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Originally Posted by edd
Its a fifth of their turnover. However, as some will of seen it turns out to be actually less than $100M. Because this years prize money (points means money obviously) will be allocated towards the fine. (Which explains why the team will contiune to race in an effort to lower that figure as much as possible) Even though McLaren won't actually get a cheque. Intertestingly its due within 3 months in full. But it will be somewhere closer to £25-30M which Ron could pay himself. (He wont though)

If you are interested you can read the full 14 page statement by the FIA on their site Link Here REad point 8.8

To summarise though.

* De La Rosa, Coughlan and Alonso exchanged emails with specific details of Ferraris car and strategy at the Australian Race. Details they knew to have come from Ferrari illegally. Which contradicts the main crux of McLaren's argument that only Coughlan knew about the details.

* Coughlan and Stepney exchanged 288 texts and 35 Phone calls in the period from March to July. Which goes against Coughlans affadavit that he only had contact with Stepney a handful of times

* Jonathan Neale (MD McLaren Racing) saw the dossier, but decided the information in it was not helpful to McLaren so didnt look at it. (Thats not a typo, thats actually McLarens counter. "We looked at it but we couldnt use it so we didnt look at it" )

* McLaren argued that the FIA couldn't proove they'd used the details to a hign enough standard that would pass a regular court case. And as such they couldnt impose any sanction on the team. The FIA said "Its out championship and we run it, so of course we have the clout to impose sancitons" Which personally I agree with. In the same way FIFA can impose sanctions on footballers.

Having seen the evidence I do not expect McLaren to appeal to the FIA (and if they are sensible they wont go through the Civil courts either) The main problem here was emails between other people within McLaren. Without that the case would of been far more circumstantial. As it is they are Guilty. Thats not to say other teams dont also do this sort of thing. But they got caught. And realistically the FIA HAD to do something. However, as above if it had been Spyker vs Toro Rosso no one would really of cared.

I also dont expect De La Rosa or Alonso to be at McLaren from the end of the year.
Old 14-09-2007 | 08:22 PM
RS07COS
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

its all a load of hyped up bullshit. 100 mil££££
its a joke.you could buy the fia for that or at least set up another motor sport regulating body??? call it the FNI.........

FERARRIS NOT INCLUDED
Old 14-09-2007 | 09:44 PM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Dan
Originally Posted by smidsy
Originally Posted by Dan
CUNTS!

Ferrari are scum, far too far in with the fucking FIA!

So yet again the cunts win by default, great!

At least Hamilton has kept his points, Ferrari won't get the drivers title which is the one that matters!
Errmmm have you been following the story or not?

I'm glad to see you think its ok for another team to have a document big enough and detailed enough to allow to them to build/test/use/pass off as their own F1 car
Have they FUCK! YOU read into the 'story' properly!

They cannot punish McLaren in the way in which they've done so and continue to let them use the same fucking car!

Are McLaredn not allowed to receive any further constructors points for the rest of the season now then either!? If so point well made about the pit boxes and subsquently their garages being down the crap end of the pit lane, exactly what I thought earlier when the penalty was announced!
I agree with them continuing to use the same car

They should have just chucked them out for 2 years!
Old 15-09-2007 | 01:57 AM
edd

Its a fifth of their turnover. However, as some will of seen it turns out to be actually less than $100M. Because this years prize money (points means money obviously) will be allocated towards the fine. (Which explains why the team will contiune to race in an effort to lower that figure as much as possible) Even though McLaren won't actually get a cheque. Intertestingly its due within 3 months in full. But it will be somewhere closer to £25-30M which Ron could pay himself. (He wont though)
exactly...i couldnt be arsed to write that lot.
Old 15-09-2007 | 08:23 AM
dojj

Originally Posted by edd

If you are interested you can read the full 14 page statement by the FIA on their site Link Here REad point 8.8

To summarise though.

* De La Rosa, Coughlan and Alonso exchanged emails with specific details of Ferraris car and strategy at the Australian Race. Details they knew to have come from Ferrari illegally. Which contradicts the main crux of McLaren's argument that only Coughlan knew about the details.

* Coughlan and Stepney exchanged 288 texts and 35 Phone calls in the period from March to July. Which goes against Coughlans affadavit that he only had contact with Stepney a handful of times

* Jonathan Neale (MD McLaren Racing) saw the dossier, but decided the information in it was not helpful to McLaren so didnt look at it. (Thats not a typo, thats actually McLarens counter. "We looked at it but we couldnt use it so we didnt look at it" )

* McLaren argued that the FIA couldn't proove they'd used the details to a hign enough standard that would pass a regular court case. And as such they couldnt impose any sanction on the team. The FIA said "Its out championship and we run it, so of course we have the clout to impose sancitons" Which personally I agree with. In the same way FIFA can impose sanctions on footballers.

Having seen the evidence I do not expect McLaren to appeal to the FIA (and if they are sensible they wont go through the Civil courts either) The main problem here was emails between other people within McLaren. Without that the case would of been far more circumstantial. As it is they are Guilty. Thats not to say other teams dont also do this sort of thing. But they got caught. And realistically the FIA HAD to do something. However, as above if it had been Spyker vs Toro Rosso no one would really of cared.

I also dont expect De La Rosa or Alonso to be at McLaren from the end of the year.
them bits in bold are what's fucked it up for maclaren, no one who is arguing seems to have actually read them bits of the report, once they have it's a cut and dried case
the fact that ron says he didn't know about it is probably true, but ever other fucker in teh team was talking baout it so how he didn't hear it through the grapevine is a little difficult to believe, but not impossible

and if the md of teh company has seen stuff he shouldn't have, he should have gone running to ferarri and said "hey up lad, we've got some paper you might want to have a luke at" instead of filing it under "useless info"
how much time and effort would it have needed for maclarean to have gained the same information that ferarri had? even if they didn't use it

the funniest thing of the whole case is that the print shop they used to copy the files (which had confidential marked on evey page accodinrg to someone i know who works in f1) called up maranello and said "excuse me cahp, we've got some paperwork ehre that says we aren't supposed to copy, can we copy it please?"

so it's hardly like ferarri were in anyway shape or form the guilty party here or had anythng other than their memebr of staff doing a dirty on them, so all this ferarri hating isn't justified

macalarena are so far up their own arses they thought they'd get awa with it, if they had pleadded guilty to the thing form the start i'm sure it wouldn't have been so harsh