General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

National Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 09:47 PM
Brian
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default National Numbers

Has anyone else had any trouble with them?? I bought a number plate from them back in july and still havent heard a thing Every time i call them they say they will look into it and call me back but the never do

Brian
Old 11-09-2007, 09:49 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why didnt you just go straight to the DVLA to buy a plate?
Old 11-09-2007, 09:50 PM
lardypants
Banned

do a charge back on ya card and fook em off out of it that takes the piss
Old 11-09-2007, 09:51 PM
Brian
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by A J
Why didnt you just go straight to the DVLA to buy a plate?
I looked on the DVLA website but they didnt have it for sale only national numbers did

Brian
Old 11-09-2007, 11:16 PM
charlie luciano
10K+ Poster!!

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

National numbers have not sold you anything all of these people act like middlemen to the person who actually owns the registration plate, ie: the advertise it, hopefully sell it and then take a whack of commission out of it,

have you parted with any money? if you have tell you want it back and go elsewhere if you search all of the sites, new reg, elite, my numbers etc etc you will see the same number plates advertised on these sites, always remember these companies don't own the rights to these plates, their acting like an agent

get ya money back!!!!!!

Luciano
Old 12-09-2007, 11:56 AM
focusbird
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

If you've actually paid for your plate, under the Distance Selling Regulations they must either deliver the goods or offer you a refund within 30 days (you might want to check this with Trading Standards but that's how I remember it).

Performance of the contract
Unless the parties agree otherwise, the supplier must perform the contract within thirty days from the day after the consumer sent his order to the supplier.

If the supplier is unable to perform the contract within this period, he must inform the consumer and repay any sum paid as soon as possible (and in any event within 30 days), although it is open to the supplier and the consumer to agree a revised date for delivery.

A contract which is not performed within the 30 day period shall be treated as if the consumer never entered into it, but the consumer will still have remedies for non-performance.

If a longer period than 30 days is required then this must be clearly stated in the supplier's terms and conditions and the prior information. The supplier may perform the contract by substitute goods or services of equivalent quality and price if the contract provided for this possibility and the supplier gave the consumer the prior information in the appropriate way.
This might help: http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2000/20002334.htm