General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Wearing jeans to a wedding?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007 | 08:34 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Default Wearing jeans to a wedding?

Apologies to Stu because seemingly i started an argument on his post yesterday and that certainly wasnt my intention

I didnt see any replies as i was hit with a sickness bug yesterday and ended up in bed all day. Cheers to my 2 yr old for passing that on!!

Anyways, my point was that someone was wearing jeans and trainers to a wedding. Now i had no idea who it was until Graceland said it was him. At first i thought he was joking but apparently not!

That venue looked absolutely stunning and everyone else was dressed smartly for the occasion. Its a wedding after all and i'd expect nothing less

I honestly cant get my head round the jeans/trainers thing and tbh i'd be embarrased to go to such a formal occasion so under dressed.

Anyone else agree?

chop

ps my wedding was 6 weeks ago and i'd have stopped the wedding and frog marched anyone out that i saw dressed like that
Old 07-09-2007 | 08:36 AM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

even I put a suit on when I go toa wedding
Old 07-09-2007 | 08:37 AM
smokey
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I think its a lack of respect if you turn up to any formal events wearing jeans and trainers.
Old 07-09-2007 | 08:38 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Didnt see the other thread, so it may already have been covered, but personally I reckon Stu probably couldnt have cared less if we all turned up in bin bags providing he had his mates around him on the day.
I wore a suit, but only cause my overalls were in the wash
Old 07-09-2007 | 08:41 AM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

mind you stu not mind so thats all that matters
Old 07-09-2007 | 08:43 AM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
Didnt see the other thread, so it may already have been covered, but personally I reckon Stu probably couldnt have cared less if we all turned up in bin bags providing he had his mates around him on the day.

i'd never dream of coming to a wedding in anything other than a suit. but as long as stu and nicole didnt mind....thats all that matters

i havent seen the thread, but was there a particular reason for the jeans and trainers???
Old 07-09-2007 | 08:43 AM
Sticky.
20K+ Super Poster.

I think we both got a shock when we saw each other in a suit mate

I got to say that i agree with Chop, but the fact is Paul made it clear in a previous post that he didn't have a suit & didn't have time to get one & made it clear he'd be coming to the wedding in jeans. But as Chip said, i dont think Stu was really that bothered as long as he was there & i think the groom had more things to worry about
Old 07-09-2007 | 08:45 AM
dvid
PassionFord Post Troll

Does it really matter?!

Most came to mine in a suit but some people came in non suits, although no one wore jeans people should come as themselves....
Old 07-09-2007 | 08:51 AM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Dressing smartly for a wedding is a must IMO.

Even if you don't have a suit... at least wear a smart pair of trousers and a shirt and tie!
Old 07-09-2007 | 08:51 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

I think it's a disgrace.

There's absolutely no excuse IMO. These days, it's not even like you can say you can't afford a suit, as you can pick up one from somewhere like Marks and Spencer for like £40!

I know Paul's a top bloke etc etc, and Stu was probably fine with it which is his perrogative, but I'd be so embarassed! Why would you voluntarily choose to look like you hadn't made any effort even if that wasn't the intention?

All jokes aside, if one of my friends disrespected me like that, I'd ask them to leave, to spare my embarassment as well as theirs. Asking someone to wear a suit isn't exactly a hardship for god's sake!
Old 07-09-2007 | 08:56 AM
Smit
The 60ft Launch King

Originally Posted by Redkop
Dressing smartly for a wedding is a must IMO.

Even if you don't have a suit... at least wear a smart pair of trousers and a shirt and tie!
Agree with Lynee here! Even if you haven't got a suit then a smart shirt and some nice trousers with shoes would go down nice

Personnaly i think everyone looks smart in a suit Even woman
Old 07-09-2007 | 08:59 AM
foreverwhite
Banned

you can even go to asda and get an 'ok' looking suit for about 30 quid lol

no excuse.

even if it meant going to the local asda and getting it on the way...jeans and trainers?!?!

bloody hell lol
Old 07-09-2007 | 09:01 AM
Chip

I was stood at the wedding around gracey all day and didint notice gracey looking anything other than smart, he DID make an effort to be smart, just not to be "formal" and given that it was a very informal affair, I dont see why anyone would have a problem with that, Nicole and Stu spent most of their wedding night with all their mates having a laugh, so anyone who was looking for a "traditional" wedding would have been dissapointed from start to finnish, anyone though who wanted to attend an intimate and friendly wedding with a ridiculously nice atmposhpere and a VERY happy couple, it was exactly that
Old 07-09-2007 | 09:04 AM
Ridgey
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i would imagine that eve if Stu wasn't impressed with the jeans/trainers thing, he'd have more important things to do that cause bad feeling on his wedding day so let it pass.
Doesn't seem right though, trousers and shirt would do.
Old 07-09-2007 | 09:04 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Chip,

You are officially the world's most spineless cunt
Old 07-09-2007 | 09:07 AM
Chip

I cant even begin to imagine what the day would have been like if Stu had demanded one of his best friends leave the wedding just cause of what he was wearing

Thank fuck that Stu isnt as much of a pompous twat as half the people in this thread are coming across as

Stu and Nicole's wedding wasnt about excessive ceremony or pompous outfits, it was about feelings and love and friendship and acceptance.
Old 07-09-2007 | 09:09 AM
pete mcrash
saff is working!!!...atm

i was bestman a month ago and as soon as the speaches were over and photos done i fooked off to the car park and changed into my jeans n shirt.....thats just me..........respect dosnt come from clothes,its showing ur support and love on the day............
Chip

Originally Posted by RichardPON
Chip,

You are officially the world's most spineless cunt

That makes no sense at all, if I was spinless I would just be going along with all you twats saying it was out of order, thats not my opinion so im not going to say it.

Gracey didnt look out of place at all, and Im absolutely positive beyond any doubt at all that Stu was 100% happy with what he was wearing and so was nicole!
Chip

Originally Posted by pete mcrash
..........respect dosnt come from clothes,its showing ur support and love on the day............
Exactly!
Old 07-09-2007 | 09:12 AM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

Having just seen this thread, after someone sent me a txt letting me know that people are on the hate trail and looking for a new band wagon to board , I honestly have to say what the fuck is your problem?

I talked a LOT with Stu about what to wear and what not to wear at his wedding, afterall, its his day, and the general concenious was wear what you want aslong as you look smart - so I did.

I spent hours running round trying to find a suit in various shops from Matalan and Asda to MossBross and Burtons - but could I find one suit that fitted perfectly that I wanted to buy and suited me (pardon the pun), no I couldn't - short of spending £500-600 for a tailored item, I wasn't having any luck.

Which brings me onto the next part - My other half didn't wear a suit neither, seemingly impossible to find him a suit due to his height and build, again, short of spending £500-£600 it just wasn't going to happen.

I even contemplated NOT going to the wedding due to feeling slightly under-dressed - just imagine how pissed off Stu would of been if I shit out at the 11th hour?????, but once we got there, we were greeted by people who we havn't seen in ages and one person said "Gracey, you look cool, its nice to see someone break the mould a bit" - Cheers Mrs S

To those on this thread who know why I didn't have a suit etc etc and arn't bothered, then ignore the next paragraph

But for those who are on the witch hunt, I'm not going to cary on ranting and raving about what other people think - if you have a problem then shove it up your arsehole alongside your head, as its so far up there already you'll soon have to cut a hole in your chest cavity to be able to breathe
Old 07-09-2007 | 09:12 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Good lord, it gets worse.

Clearly my point was in jest, as none of my friends would be as disrespectful as to turn up in jeans and trainers. It would literally be unthinkable.

There simply is not one single excuse I can possibly think of, but considering you seem to have such a handle on the day's events, maybe you can enlighten us.

If Stu's wedding wasn't about ceremony or dressing smartly, then why did he and the best man look superbly dressed, and 90% of the other people attending wear suits?

It's not even like it was trousers and a shirt! It was jeans and fuckin trainers! There's nightclubs in even the shittiest towns that you wouldn't be allowed in dressed like that. A wedding by definition is a more formal affair!
Old 07-09-2007 | 09:16 AM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

RichardPON

Was you at the wedding? No, so shut the fuck up
Old 07-09-2007 | 09:17 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

you honestly saying that £15 trousers, a £10 shirt and £15 shoes from asda wouldve been a hardship? it didnt even have to be a full suit if you really couldnt get one to fit(which i find hard to believe)!!
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Gracey didnt look out of place at all, and Im absolutely positive beyond any doubt at all that Stu was 100% happy with what he was wearing and so was nicole!
Of course you're spinleless!

If you don't think someone wearing jeans and trainers amongst a room full of people wearing suits looks "out of place", then you must be blind, playing dumb, or just trying to sit nicely on the fence in the fear of offending anyone.

Also, if it didn't stand out, then why has most people's reaction to the photo in question been "Why the fuck is that guy wearing jeans and trainers?"

Not being able to find a suit in time is the malest excuse I've ever heard. Why not wear trousers and shoes if that's the case?
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

ps which arse licker txt you? hmmm i wonder.....
Old 07-09-2007 | 09:18 AM
smitsturbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i went to an evening doo last weekend as i couldnt make the full wedding but i still hired a kilt etc even tho i didnt get there till past 8;00pm

but there was a guy in jeans & trainers & a few folk said he could have even put a pair of black trousers & black boots on

but i didnt give a fook cos im not him & it wasent my wedding
Old 07-09-2007 | 09:18 AM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

Originally Posted by Lambchop
you honestly saying that £15 trousers, a £10 shirt and £15 shoes from asda wouldve been a hardship? it didnt even have to be a full suit if you really couldnt get one to fit(which i find hard to believe)!!
I wore what I felt comfortable in at the end of the day, I did not go out and dress to impress, I went and wore what I felt was smart and casual at the same time, I didn't feel out of place at all.

As I said to Rich above - was you at the wedding? No, then shut your fucking hole
Old 07-09-2007 | 09:19 AM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

ps which arse licker txt you? hmmm i wonder.....
It's no-one who has posted on this thread if thats what you are getting at
Old 07-09-2007 | 09:19 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Graceland
RichardPON

Jog on you pikey!

Jeans and trainers at a wedding. Seriously, you must have a better reason! Are you just rebelling against "the system" or something?
Old 07-09-2007 | 09:21 AM
Chip

Of course you're spinleless!

If you don't think someone wearing jeans and trainers amongst a room full of people wearing suits looks "out of place", then you must be blind, playing dumb, or just trying to sit nicely on the fence in the fear of offending anyone.
I noticed gracey was wearing a nice shirt, in fact I even passed comment on how unusual it was for him to look decent and his partner joked that it was only cause he picked the shirt out for him.
I didnt walk around staring at his shoes, so didnt notice he was in trainers in the first place TBH

Also, if it didn't stand out, then why has most people's reaction to the photo in question been "Why the fuck is that guy wearing jeans and trainers?"
I didnt get any indication at all that ANY person present at the wedding thought he looked out of place, but I cant comment as to why you might from in a photo, maybe it comes across differently in a picture, honestly no idea, or maybe its just that the people at the wedding were all relaxed people there cause they cared about stu and nicole and know how much gracey means to them, so no matter what he was wearing he couldnt possibly look out of place at an event he was so obviously wanted at !

Not being able to find a suit in time is the malest excuse I've ever heard. Why not wear trousers and shoes if that's the case?
I dont think he needs an excuse, I dont think it would have made the slightest bit of difference to anyone who matters if he was in a suit or not!
Old 07-09-2007 | 09:22 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

I wore what I felt comfortable in at the end of the day, I did not go out and dress to impress, I went and wore what I felt was smart and casual at the same time, I didn't feel out of place at all.
It's not about dressing to impress you muppet! It's about dressing for the occassion!

How can people possibly see it as acceptable? Sure, in the grand scheme of things, I bet Stu and Nic were delighted you were there, but in the spirit of the wedding, personally I see it as disrespectful for you not having made any effort apart from showing up!
Old 07-09-2007 | 09:22 AM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

RichardPON

Jog on you pikey!

Jeans and trainers at a wedding. Seriously, you must have a better reason! Are you just rebelling against "the system" or something?
Do I live in a cunting caravan and have 20 dags to keep me company?

I've made my point above and as far as I'm concerned thats the end of it
Old 07-09-2007 | 09:25 AM
foreverwhite
Banned

i, for one, have NEVER seen a wedding where a close friend of the groom turned up in jeans and trainers!!! it's unthinkable!!!

i dont care what excuses have been said about 'i couldnt find a suit that fit' etc

for the price of a tank of fuel you could have fully kitted yourself out in a smart suit and looked good for the occasion.

stu isnt going to turn round and say anything to you, but he will have been shocked to turn round and see someone in jeans and trainers when he's just paid literally thousands for a venue etc

i'd be insulted if one of my good mates tipped up in jeans and trainers.

it's not as if you couldnt afford 50 quid for a suit either! so that isnt even an excuse.

lmao
Old 07-09-2007 | 09:27 AM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

if i had a wedding (or even a girlfriend ) i honestly wouldnt care what my friends turned up in aslong as they was there! who am i to dictact to them what to wear
Old 07-09-2007 | 09:28 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Well next time you attend a funeral, go in jeans and trainers. You can tell the other mourners that you thought you'd go in what you felt comfortable in.

Chip - You're laughable. "I didn't notice he wasn't wearing trainers as I didn't look at his shoes". In between arse licking forum members, and baiting Phil, do you take extra lessons in fence sitting and weasel training? What a spinless goon!
Old 07-09-2007 | 09:28 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by foreverwhite
stu isnt going to turn round and say anything to you, but he will have been shocked to turn round and see someone in jeans and trainers when he's just paid literally thousands for a venue etc
Well he must be the world's best fucking actor then, if he was so shocked on the inside, cause he didnt bat an eyelid on the outside, he managed to pretend to just be very happy that gracey and adam had attended.
Old 07-09-2007 | 09:29 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

As I said to Rich above - was you at the wedding? No, then shut your fucking hole
if you're perfectly happy with what you wore then why are you throwing such a hissy fit?
Old 07-09-2007 | 09:30 AM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

if you're perfectly happy with what you wore then why are you throwing such a hissy fit?

I'm not throwing "a hissy fit" as you put it - YOU are by being unhappy with what I wore to a wedding you never even went to
Old 07-09-2007 | 09:30 AM
Chip

Well next time you attend a funeral, go in jeans and trainers. You can tell the other mourners that you thought you'd go in what you felt comfortable in.

Chip - You're laughable. "I didn't notice he wasn't wearing trainers as I didn't look at his shoes". In between arse licking forum members, and baiting Phil, do you take extra lessons in fence sitting and weasel training? What a spinless goon!
I am serious, I really did GENUINELY not notice what was on his feet, anyone who has ever met me will tell you how obvious it is how little interest I have in fashion so all I noticed was that he was there, sat the other side of my mrs, wearing a shirt, with his hair tidy and his face shaved and looking perfectly normal and not out of place, likewise his partner who was sat the opposite side of the aisle.
It wasnt until I saw this thread that I became aware he was wearing trainers for the first time!
Old 07-09-2007 | 09:31 AM
carlo
15K+ Super Poster!!

Trousers & a shirt would have done just fine & cost no more that £40 you obviously didnt try hard enough for what ever reason.

Quick Reply: Wearing jeans to a wedding?