General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

just got this email

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 08:25 AM
CabrioTurbo
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just got this email

from a mate who had it forwarded to him.. is it serious or a bload of old coblers/urban myth.
Sounds like shit to me!

Serious warning about mobiles and emails

1. If you receive a phone call on your land line or mobile from any

person, saying that he or she is a company engineer, or telling you that they're checking your phone line, and you have to press # 90 or #09 or any other number - end this call immediately without pressing any numbers. There is a fraud company using a device that once you press 90 or #09 they can access your phone line or "SIM" card and make calls at your expense.

2. This information arrived this morning from Microsoft and Norton.

Please send it to everybody you know who accesses the Internet. You may receive an apparently harmless email with a PowerPoint presentation "Life is beautiful. pps". If you receive it DO NOT OPEN THE FILE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, and delete it immediately. if you open this file, a message will appear on your screen saying: "It is too late now, your life is no longer beautiful", subsequently you will LOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR PC and the person who sent it to you will gain access to your name, e-mail and password. This is a new virus which started to circulate on Saturday afternoon. AOL has already confirmed the severity, and antivirus software is not yet capable of destroying it. The virus has been created by a hacker who calls himself "life owner".
Old 01-10-2004, 08:30 AM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Heard both before almost a year ago. So if they were tru I would have thought the problem(s) would have been solved by now.
Old 01-10-2004, 08:50 AM
Farmer Giles
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The mobile one is a hoax, don't know about number 2 though.

Martyn
Old 01-10-2004, 08:53 AM
SteveT
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Well No 2. is an old hoax.

Life is beautiful Hoax
Reported on: January 15, 2002
Last Updated on: September 17, 2002 08:18:39 PM

Symantec Security Response encourages you to ignore any messages regarding this hoax. It is harmless and is intended only to cause unwarranted concern.

Type: Hoax

This hoax was first circulated in Portuguese. English, French, Italian and German versions have also been recorded.

English
URGENT! VIRUS!

This information arrived this morning, from Microsoft and Norton. Please send it to everybody you know who accesses the Internet.
You may receive an apparently harmless email with a PowerPoint presentation called "Life is beautiful.pps."
If you receive it DO NOT OPEN THE FILE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, and delete it immediately.

and I'd bet the phone one is an urban myth too.

steve
Old 01-10-2004, 09:00 AM
CabrioTurbo
PassionFord Post Troll

i thought it would be a load of billy bulshit!