General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

New mobiles

Search this Thread

Old 22-08-2007, 07:59 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get a new one every year as after 12 months my phone has just about had it! Currently on 18month contract and never again! My phone is barley hanging on in there
Old 22-08-2007, 08:07 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by The Usual Suspect
matt i bet you,ll still walk to places when the teleporters invented wont ya
i finally got a contract phone always had pay n go i got the n95 for one i like tecnology two it has a very good camera and vid player ideal for captureing my daughter on as she grows up cameras are to bulky phones are very handy the n95 is very trick

oh and a camera is all about mp if its digital thats like sayin horse raceings not all about betting fuck me you moan like a blue rinser
spat my supper out when i red that
Old 22-08-2007, 08:19 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

The problem with the likes of the N95, D900 etc is that they are trying to adapt it all, well the N95 is for sure. Its easier for a PDA to be a phone than it is a phone and handset company like Nokia to do the PDA thing.

A HP Ipaq 6915/45 or Palm treo 750 will piss on a nokia N95 IMO as it has dedicated processor, ram and OS but it works well. Ok they only have a 1.2mp camera or so (albeit god ones for 1.2) but everything else works far better. Plus that keyboard owns for messaging. The PDA cameras do enough for you for those moments when you get caught out without you camera.

The N95s best trick is its camera and thats a fact yet for those who go to events it just can't compete with a proper dedicated digicam. Give me the PDA any day and if you want an all in one device then the PDA/Smartphones form the companys suggested are the better choice, phone, GPS, camera, organiser all in one package.
Old 22-08-2007, 08:19 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I must say matt my 2mp kodak digi cam takes slightly clearer pics than my k610i 2mp
Old 22-08-2007, 11:06 PM
Terry Tibbs
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right had enough of this subject now.

Its called a mobile phone. Because that is what it will always be dedicated to.

Companies are trying to put EVERYTHING into one device to make it easier. One day phones will have the best camera's, the best video's etc.

Right now they're in their growing stage.

I'm sure i'd buy a phone which has a seriously good camera, seriously good gaming, seriously good sat nav etc. than buy all 3 seperate devices. Whats the point in that?

Anyway, night.