General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

What Do You All Think Of The Ford Fiesta ST150?

Search this Thread

Old 22-08-2007, 12:54 AM
mercurys2
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But how does the fiesta comapre to the likes of the clio sport/civic type r? they all handle well but the st doesnt have as much power ?
Old 22-08-2007, 09:41 AM
PinkRinse
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by Benni
How does dreamscience work? Doesen't a tuner have to Map your car and upload it to the handheld unit?
If you get a Strategem you buy the unit, plug it in yourself and follow the instructions. I've seen it installed on an ST and took a matter of minutes. If you want a custom map then yes, take it to a Dreamscience dealer & they'll map it.

Originally Posted by mercurys2
But how does the fiesta comapre to the likes of the clio sport/civic type r? they all handle well but the st doesnt have as much power ?
I test drove the Clio 197 (havent driven the 172 or 182) and yes its faster and more powerful than the ST but nothing that made me think "Wow!", handles well, interior was a bit bland & plasticky, exterior styling is nowt to shout about but then Clios never seem to have an out & out "look" (except for the V6 lol) which is I guess is quite nice in a subtle way But I kinda like my car to stand out a little more than base models.

I've also test drive the new CTR and unless you're thrashing the doodahs off it everywhere I found it boring. The interior is FAB though. I love the colour coded stitching, the dash, the wheel, everything and the look of the car from the outside. I havent driven the old CTR though.
Old 22-08-2007, 10:11 AM
matt p
PassionFord Post Troll

Well i think there is a hefty price difference between the fiesta, clio and ctr for a start
Old 22-08-2007, 10:27 AM
st_owner100
Regular Contributor

How does dreamscience work? Doesen't a tuner have to Map your car and upload it to the handheld unit?
There are 2 options with Dreamscience. The first is the DSF3000 unit, which is provided blank to the master tuners. They can either live map you car on the rollers and upload 2 or 3 maps to the DSF handset, creating custom tunes specifically for your car, or you can buy the DSF handset which the master tuners have mapped with their own 'generic' tunes according to various states of tuning. Like the Bluefin, the maps are uploaded in minutes via the OBD2 port and can be reversed to the stock map at any time.

The newest option is the Stratagem handset, which for the record is exactly the same unit as the DSF but rebadged. These are supplied mapped by Dreamscience themselves and come pre-loaded with 3 generic tunes mapped for ST's which are either standard, or have mild modifications like exhaust and induction kit (tunes are 'Performance', 'Race' and 'Race+').
The beauty of the stratagem, is becuase it's exactly the same unit as the DSF, you can always take it to a master tuner and have your own custom map uploaded to it at any time you want, so you're not simply constrained by the generic maps.
Old 22-08-2007, 10:30 AM
Mr Orange
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Im buying a white one in late november/early december. Im not getting the standard blue stripes on it, going to get some sidestripes and a offset over the roof one made in black fading into white.

as others have said, the dreamscience is a MUST!

also a k&n as the standard airbox and pipework is crap, you gain alot from that simple mod. ive seen 170bhp from these 2 mods. was on a fastford mag rolling road shootout, black 56plate if you want ot look back through old issues

Lowering on gaz coilovers will help the handling alot.

I cant wait to get mine, just need to save up a bit more of a deposit and get a ncb from my current car.

If your worried about fuel ecomony, buy a tdci zetec-s!

I just turned 20 last month btw and my insurance for a Ł12500 car fully comp with 8k anual mileage comes out at Ł1018! quote from admiral.

Good luck Benni on whatever you choose
Old 22-08-2007, 10:46 AM
cozzfather
C.R.E.A.M.

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cozzfather
benni there is one slightly accident damaged in the midland autotrader
for under 3 grand,at that price you could fix it and do some mods and
it would still be a cheep motah
I'm not buying one mate, Because I have a few 'Problems' I can get a brand new one for Ł500 upfront on the motability and then everything paid for. But I have to keep it for three years and then I can pick another one. So if I was to get bored of it I am stuck with it.

Thanks for the long and very good replies, Benni.
i remember you saying somthing about the 'problem' now
sounds like a result imo, which colour do you like?
if i had one i'd get a red one
Old 22-08-2007, 10:52 AM
st_owner100
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by cozzfather
if i had one i'd get a red one
I like this man's thinking

Can't beat a red car when it's all nice and shiny.....

Name:  100_6304.jpg
Views: 3754
Size:  147.4 KB