General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Trackdays

Search this Thread

Old 19-08-2007, 01:16 PM
Mark B
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trackdays

Thinking of getting a car ready to do a few track days with, (including buying the car) seen a nice mk2 fiesta.

The car im looking at stands with, up rated suspension, strut braces front an rear, full exhast an manifold, grooved an drilled discs and a bolt in cage. Is there anything else i would need to do too the car to help me on my way?

I realise the car isnt going to be mega fast an wipe the floor with everything, but just doing it as a bit of fun, and a friend of mine is intrested in sharing the costs/driving, is this a good idea?

Ive only ever driven on track once before, which was in those single seater cars that you "rent" for a few laps, so does anyone have any hint's or tips as to what to expect?

Also the car would be driven too an from the track so any advice on what spares to take? an would I be best having a set of track wheels an road wheels?

Thanks for any replys