General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Raise drinking age to 21?

Search this Thread

Old 18-08-2007, 09:11 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Raise drinking age to 21?

do the government always miss the whole cause of a problem

They want to stop ASBO teenage behaviour, but seem to be missing the point that most of the kids causing the problems are 12-18 year olds get smashed on cheap carlin and WKD's

They aren't allowed to drink buy law now, and the old bill can do little more than make them pour it out, what difference will raising the age limit do they will still get hold of the booze, most come from scum families and the parents or older brothers or sisters will most likely fix them up.

Yes there is trouble in town of a Saturday night, but the big issues are out in the streets and parks, not in the clubs

When will they stop looking for the easy option, the quick people pleaser and tackle the real problems with firm harsh but needed results
Old 18-08-2007, 09:15 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

was gonna say that,,, its like there banning joyriders from driving,,, that worked well didnt it

ive got a BETTER one for you

the local kids have been hanging about where i live and sitting on the roof of some old pram sheds,,,, there solution was

knock them down,,,,, there you go the kids have moved to a wall,,,,, they knocked that down too

THEY DONT FUCKING UNDERSTAND THE KIDS WILL HAVE TO GO SOMEWHERE !!!!

build them a fucking comunity centre,,,, they keep the kids of the streets and get PROPER staff to work them and not the usual ones who are just grown up kids themselves

face the problem and tackle it rather than act like your solving the problem
Old 18-08-2007, 09:20 PM
nilrem
STOP!... Carry on

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ginge !
was gonna say that,,, its like there banning joyriders from driving,,, that worked well didnt it

ive got a BETTER one for you

the local kids have been hanging about where i live and sitting on the roof of some old pram sheds,,,, there solution was

knock them down,,,,, there you go the kids have moved to a wall,,,,, they knocked that down too

THEY DONT FUCKING UNDERSTAND THE KIDS WILL HAVE TO GO SOMEWHERE !!!!

build them a fucking comunity centre,,,, they keep the kids of the streets and get PROPER staff to work them and not the usual ones who are just grown up kids themselves

face the problem and tackle it rather than act like your solving the problem
but that all costs money... and the goverment would rather take a pay rise than actually help the country...
Old 18-08-2007, 09:20 PM
Maxfield
Regular Contributor

Round here if you're under the age of 18 with beer you get Ł80 fine, my mate got caught dropped the can and got another fine for littering

Anyway not all kids are bad

not all of uz tlk like dis u no
Old 18-08-2007, 09:26 PM
nilrem
STOP!... Carry on

there has always been this problem though... my step dad was telling me a story about him and his mates walking alon a road with cans in thei hands, a police car went by, so they stashed the booze in a bush... sure enough round the corner were the coppers that asked them a few questions, but they had nothing on them so they waited until the pis left and went back to fetch it to finish it... so its not a "new" problem... as with the binge drinking... howmany years has friday & saturday been the day for getting drunk... and how many years have it been known that students spend about 2 days a week sober!
Old 18-08-2007, 09:30 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

the problem is though that teenagers are becoming more violent and gang cultured at a younger age.

Nowerdays kids will beat a bloke to death yes there have always been gangs of kids, but the violence levels have risen over the last few years, and maybe it is just me but there is a much bigger aggressive attitude from people in general
Old 18-08-2007, 09:34 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

should stop fucking around and just bring back National Service
Old 18-08-2007, 09:35 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Fook community centres Ginge ffs, just bring back cane at school and national service
Old 18-08-2007, 09:35 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Diamonds

echo
Old 18-08-2007, 09:36 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

Old 18-08-2007, 09:39 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Originally Posted by Diamonds
Agree....

I wouldnt mind the drinking being raised to 21, The reason I dont go out into my local town now is because its flodded with little cunts, who cant handle there drink and either fight, Or just act a cunt

When I first started going out 1999/2000... no trouble, no hassle, good atmosphere, good pubs and loads of girls out

now, Its just toss...
Old 18-08-2007, 09:41 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Charlie Chalk
Agree....

I wouldnt mind the drinking being raised to 21, The reason I dont go out into my local town now is because its flodded with little cunts, who cant handle there drink and either fight, Or just act a cunt

When I first started going out 1999/2000... no trouble, no hassle, good atmosphere, good pubs and loads of girls out

now, Its just toss...
but, werent you a young little cunt in 99 Radders?

know what ya mean though little aresholes thinking they can take on the world after 2 pints
Old 18-08-2007, 09:42 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by matts1
the problem is though that teenagers are becoming more violent and gang cultured at a younger age.

Nowerdays kids will beat a bloke to death yes there have always been gangs of kids, but the violence levels have risen over the last few years, and maybe it is just me but there is a much bigger aggressive attitude from people in general
mate,, have you seen the 70's,,, where they had beer jugs,,,, foot ball hooligans ect

sorry but its always been like this,,, just nobody took a interest

im 28 years old, when i was 15 i used to go night fishing in the canal where we would just drink and not even fish,, then push people in the canal for a joke

joy riding on mopeds/astras/novas and metros was a big thing back then

this was 10 years ago and the estate is now being knocked down to build a new estate,,,,, but the question again is this,,,

. WHERE ARE THESE KIDS GONNA GO !!!!

its started when they stopped play centres and other comunity centres and sold them off to become doctors and posh flats

think about places out in the sticks too,, theres nothing to do there,,, thatsn why theres high teenage pregnancy ect

one of my uncles has NEVER had a job in hes life,, hes been a bum since he left school on the dole all hes life too

its always been the case im afraid

just we now pretend that there worse than we was,,, the local kids round here aint no bother,,, they kids just like i was tbh and now there driving they got there stereos on in there cars and getting complaints,,, ffs they growing up,, let them fucking grow up rather than push them out the way
Old 18-08-2007, 09:43 PM
Magic Numbers
PassionFord Post Troll

Funny thing is with this I was served my first pint at 12 in my old village pub and I must say it all went downhill from there!

21 seems like a good idea but why not do like they do with other laws and give it a 6 month trial!

I see some shops and supermarkets have this law already in place and its no gripe to me!
Old 18-08-2007, 09:44 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds

know what ya mean though little aresholes thinking they can take on the world after 2 pints
Cunt yes, but I dont go looking for fights, Even being in the forces, and having that 'rep' for fighting, not my thing..

the amount of birds Ive met out, and hd a good laugh with, Is alot better
Old 18-08-2007, 09:44 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

It hasnt always been the case Ginge
Old 18-08-2007, 09:45 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Cunt yes, but I dont go looking for fights, Even being in the forces, and having that 'rep' for fighting, not my thing..

the amount of birds Ive met out, and hd a good laugh with, Is alot better
Thats how ive always looked at a night out
Old 18-08-2007, 09:45 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Agree....

now, Its just toss...
what,, no trouble ???

i used to drink in kilburn back in 96 from the age of 16,, theres a pub there that was ALWAYS trouble that i used to drink in

i had my nose broke stopping a fight when i was 17 years old and one of my mates was stabbed and blead to death,,, thats the stuff that i was there for

there was other stuff that went on too

sorry but theres always been trouble about

quite pretending its never happened

we managed a night out at the syndicate and never got any bother ?
Old 18-08-2007, 09:46 PM
Maxfield
Regular Contributor

mate,, have you seen the 70's,,, where they had beer jugs,,,, foot ball hooligans ect

sorry but its always been like this,,, just nobody took a interest

im 28 years old, when i was 15 i used to go night fishing in the canal where we would just drink and not even fish,, then push people in the canal for a joke

joy riding on mopeds/astras/novas and metros was a big thing back then

this was 10 years ago and the estate is now being knocked down to build a new estate,,,,, but the question again is this,,,

. WHERE ARE THESE KIDS GONNA GO !!!!

its started when they stopped play centres and other comunity centres and sold them off to become doctors and posh flats

think about places out in the sticks too,, theres nothing to do there,,, thatsn why theres high teenage pregnancy ect

one of my uncles has NEVER had a job in hes life,, hes been a bum since he left school on the dole all hes life too

its always been the case im afraid

just we now pretend that there worse than we was,,, the local kids round here aint no bother,,, they kids just like i was tbh and now there driving they got there stereos on in there cars and getting complaints,,, ffs they growing up,, let them fucking grow up rather than push them out the way
Can't agree with you more there!

Everyone seems to complain about the youth of today. What about when you were kids!?!?!?
Old 18-08-2007, 09:49 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Lee Reynolds

Ginge ! Ginge, Me and you live in different parts of London

I dont go to pubs, Where there might be a fight.. I kinda knew the doormen at the pubs I went to, So always got let in. Wasnt a bad pub either

had some good times in there, Ask Rob
Old 18-08-2007, 09:49 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

oh btw i got stabbed when my old man had a go at the local kids and i tryed to stop it, they never bothered him and he just didnt like them near hes house

i had to get him out of there (17 against 1) and when i had to front them ( though tbh i never had to and wish i didnt now) and i got stabbed from behind

notice the main thing i state here,,, they was not bothering him but he felt intimidated so HE went to move them on !!!

they aint all the problem,, there are some that are i agree,, but not all kids are !!!
Old 18-08-2007, 09:50 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

we managed a night out at the syndicate and never got any bother ?
Just saw this, Been there about 8 times, Never seen any hassle either
Old 18-08-2007, 09:50 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

You really have been through it all havent you Ginge lmao Is there any subject you havent had experience in ?
Old 18-08-2007, 09:51 PM
nilrem
STOP!... Carry on

i just think the problems are'nt being tackled, by campaigning for more police and recruiting more, so all this can be reduced and will sort itself out... instead the goverment try bullshit laws that just push the problems further... howmany 18 y/o would be out anyway if they did bring it in? alot...

except its all a false economy... if they spent the same ammount of money they currently spend on new laws to stop binge drinking and underage drinking and fightint for more well trained police officers and more patrols then it would probably get better... but i think people want to see things happen, and by just pumping more money into the police force, it doesnt look like much is happening... so could that be seen as the people have caused the problem in a backhanded way?
Old 18-08-2007, 09:54 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Lee Reynolds

Ginge ! Ginge, Me and you live in different parts of London

I dont go to pubs, Where there might be a fight.. I kinda knew the doormen at the pubs I went to, So always got let in. Wasnt a bad pub either

had some good times in there, Ask Rob
radders i still drink with a rough crowd in kilburn and never get issues

belive it or not theres a pub i used to drink in round islingtion thats owned by a gangster family from these sides, got some PROPER faces in it and the bloke who runs it is called freddie rose and is WELL known from the 70's as he used to be the door man on there club back in the 70's ect

this pub has lots of faces in it from time to time from billy the fish to others from round the manor too

NEVER get any trouble in there

BUT the pub is full of blokes drinking rum and peppermint ect

give a pub a few bits if skirt and thats when the fighting starts !!!!

blokes only fight to save face infront of birds
Old 18-08-2007, 09:59 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

radders i still drink with a rough crowd in kilburn and never get issues
See thats it Ginge, I don't.. so I never get any bother

the only bother I've had, was when I was with a mate, Who at the time was in the Army, He tried it on with this bird, who had a boyfriend sat over the other side of the pub , with his 7 mates...

anyway, We left, and I got jumped Along with my mate Joe, and 'blue' the army guy...

anyway, I dont go out much anymore - maybe once or twice a month
Old 18-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

You really have been through it all havent you Ginge lmao Is there any subject you havent had experience in ?
all the ones i dont talk about

ive not done car restos or traveled the world like some,,, i DO like to try new things

ive been into cars and so ive been to the ring,, i enjoy a drink so ive been all over england on the piss,,,, when i was 16 i was drinking in pubs,, i had my 18th in my local pub

ive done more things than i post on here too,,, its cause i like to lots of groups of mates hence why ive been to most pissups and drink with other groups of people

hell if you look at my jobs you can see im always changing

i was managing shop at the age of 16, worked as a receptionist as a halls of residence at the age of 18, went back to manage a shop on kings road chelsea at 19,,, worked as a buyer for a company,, then went to be a traffic warden,, then went to work at halfords,,,, then went to work at fords and now im a technical supervisor for a exhaust company

you been a builder and ive done all them types of jobs, strange aint it
Old 19-08-2007, 09:50 AM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

all the ones i dont talk about

ive not done car restos or traveled the world like some,,, i DO like to try new things

ive been into cars and so ive been to the ring,, i enjoy a drink so ive been all over england on the piss,,,, when i was 16 i was drinking in pubs,, i had my 18th in my local pub

ive done more things than i post on here too,,, its cause i like to lots of groups of mates hence why ive been to most pissups and drink with other groups of people

hell if you look at my jobs you can see im always changing

i was managing shop at the age of 16, worked as a receptionist as a halls of residence at the age of 18, went back to manage a shop on kings road chelsea at 19,,, worked as a buyer for a company,, then went to be a traffic warden,, then went to work at halfords,,,, then went to work at fords and now im a technical supervisor for a exhaust company

you been a builder and ive done all them types of jobs, strange aint it
LMAO Jack of all trades and good at none then
Old 19-08-2007, 09:53 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

mate i was quite good at some of em,, just either got bored of the jobs or had a fight with someone and was asked to leave,,,,,,, a few times

oh and i left managing a shop in kings roads as i was sleeping in the shop most the weekend and on the piss every night of the week,,,, the till took a hammering due to my charlie problem too

though in 2 years i have now trippled my annual salary im proud to say and when the missus starts her job we will have a annual income thats more than what our actual morgage is,,,, im stuck in my job as ill never get payed more than i do now
Old 19-08-2007, 09:55 AM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

My sisters the same ginge, had more bloody jobs(not blow ones before ya start lmao) than i care to remember. I couldnt do it, i couldnt be arsed looking for work like that
Old 19-08-2007, 10:00 AM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Same here Lee, I've had many, many experiences in life, just choose not to comment on every single thread.

Better to have "lived" than to have never have tried eh?
Old 19-08-2007, 10:02 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

tbh ive never really looked for job,, the job i got now i applied for as i had a row with my manager at fords as i had to take a day off to look after my little girl and he gave me shite for it

i applied for a job on the net to get a idea of options,, then dancossie got me to apply to eurocarparts,,,,, when i was doing the interview i told them i was going for a interview at euros so will see how it goes and then they mentioned another job paying more and a payrise within 3 months if im ok at it and a bonus for targets ect

i went to euros who offered me the same rate of pay i got at fords and gave me the old " basic wage is ok but we all get good bonuses" bollox so i went for my place i work at now

when i left halfords i was unemployed for 6 months just chilling and living of savings/hustling a bit for cash ech and i was asked to work as a temp at fords

then i got offered a job and worked there

infact ive never really "looked" for work as i seem to get most jobs i apply for as im good at talking to people,,,,,,, just not very good at getting along with people

this job is pukka for me as i have to deal with problems and solve them aswell as carming people down by talking to them,,,,, and as anyone knows,,,,, i can talk
Old 19-08-2007, 10:04 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by Graham S1
Same here Lee, I've had many, many experiences in life, just choose not to comment on every single thread.

Better to have "lived" than to have never have tried eh?
im a very laied back person who dont mind talking about things, theres alot i dont talk about though that you might me suprised with
Old 19-08-2007, 01:14 PM
cossiecrew
PassionFord Post Whore!!

can up the age as far as im concerned i missed the dead line years ago