General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Dangerous dogs

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 08:04 PM
Deleted by Request
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dangerous dogs

...after the recent Staffi attack on a poor kid needing 66 stitches its about time something was done.

Yes i am a dog lover..i only have ever owned Rottweilers and lots of them...and this was due to as a kid seeing them on The Omen (Original!) as a Devil Dog...i knew then my life would be dedicated to the breed..and later in life i AM goin to set up a Rottweiler welfare.

.......now i am FED up of Chavs/wankers owning dogs as a manly symbol Certain dogs do NOT belong in our society OFF lead UNMUZZLED and certain people allowed them.

My proposal....

ALL dogs over a certain weight and or type..MUZZLED and to be on a lead in public.

A dog licence...£100 per year MIN

Chavs who want a Staffi/Rottweiler etc etc..to be SHOT until dead

Are you with me?
Old 07-08-2007, 08:07 PM
haz87
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 177 Likes on 167 Posts

Are you with me?
Not on paying £100 for a dog license i'm not
Old 07-08-2007, 08:07 PM
Daz_Crystal Blue Saph
Part of the Furniture

What are you going on about?? Maybe people like you shouldnt own a dog to start with.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:11 PM
mark s
PassionFord Regular

Fucking rubbish

Ban fucking chaves or put them down!!

It's not the dog's it the owners the are Cunts
Old 07-08-2007, 08:12 PM
MATCOS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

For the first time ever Phil I almost agree with what you are saying
I think a dog licence would make people think twice before they got one, I would pay it thats for sure, I also agree that bigger dogs prone to aggression should be muzzled and kept on a lead when out side
I do not though, agree that we should shoot chavs, as thats just cruel and a bit unnecessary really
Old 07-08-2007, 08:13 PM
Deleted by Request
Former Sponsor

...the owners are to blame...just like parents are for there chav kids.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:14 PM
patch
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Originally Posted by mark s
Fucking rubbish

Ban fucking chaves or put them down!!

It's not the dog's it the owners the are Cunts
defo
Old 07-08-2007, 08:14 PM
Deleted by Request
Former Sponsor

..i must say the chavs comment was maybe slightly OTT.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:16 PM
Daz_Crystal Blue Saph
Part of the Furniture

Definately agree owners are often the problem. But how are you supposed to determine dangerous breeds, what weight they would be muzzled etc etc. Maybe prospective owners should be tested and vetted more to see if they are capable of owning a dog.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:21 PM
MancDave
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Location: Salford I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure.

Totally disagree its down to the owners you make the dog what it becomes 99% of the time!!
Old 07-08-2007, 08:23 PM
mark s
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by Bosch_Dealer
..i must say the chavs comment was maybe slightly OTT.
Ha Ha you get my point though, I'm very passionate when it
comes to dogs. the one in the picture is the baby of my
family (No kids yet lol). he is as soft as anything and my
better half hates the fact that little chave have give them
a bad name

dogs get a lot of bad press but the problem is a dog is a dog
so i would never leave any dog un-attended with kids.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:29 PM
MATCOS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

MancDave

Yes but this is the problem as ANYONE can buy a dog most of them never having one before, you don't get lessons on looking after dogs -and this is why some dogs should be muzzled, if we all had perfectly well behaved dogs then there would be far fewer attacks, but we don't so this might reduce some attacks.
Richie Russ on here had his dog attacked recently by another dog when out walking, if the dog that attacked his was muzzled then it would have been a much better outcome for all involved.
Doesn't matter if it's dogs or owners who are the problem, the outcome is the same unfortunately
Old 07-08-2007, 08:29 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

different dogs have different personalities, and the majority of the time it is the owners training them up to be aggressive they look hard in front of their mates.

More should be done to control the owners more than the dogs.

Also, many attacks are in the dogs own back yards, not out in parks etc.

The dog has his space invaided and goes on the attack.

Staffi's etc get a bad rap but on the whole are great with kids.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:31 PM
rob741
Part of the Furniture

Bad owners not bad dogs,
Old 07-08-2007, 08:32 PM
cossiecrew
PassionFord Post Whore!!

good topic phil i would pay the money for the licence all this dangerous breed stuff is bollocks propper pisses me off its all about how there brought up ive got 2 rottis and a staffy and there mint
Old 07-08-2007, 08:35 PM
mark s
PassionFord Regular

you never get bad press about fooking poodle attacks but
i bet they happen as much as any other dog.

i was once attacked by a jack flippin russell of all things
but they will never be classed as dangerous
Old 07-08-2007, 08:36 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

all dogs should be muzzled when out in a public place. i know i wouldnt trust any dog around my kids no matter how friendly the owners think it is.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:42 PM
MATCOS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by mark s
you never get bad press about fooking poodle attacks but
i bet they happen as much as any other dog.

i was once attacked by a jack flippin russell of all things
but they will never be classed as dangerous

You're right mate, BUT poodle attacks
Old 07-08-2007, 08:46 PM
mark s
PassionFord Regular

my dog never goes out of the house without his muzzel
unless it's just in the back garden.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:48 PM
rob741
Part of the Furniture

My dogs 6 and is around 2 black labs,2 cats,alot of the time and has never and never will attack anything. If out on a walk and come across springers or sheep dogs they are garanteed to go for him, i agree some dogs should hav mussels but only dogs that are agressive. maybe a dog licsence would be a good idea and would put alot of people off geting dogs for the wrong reasons. Think its wrong to mention certain breeds cause you get agressive dogs in all breeds.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:58 PM
mark s
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by rob741
Think its wrong to mention certain breeds cause you get agressive dogs in all breeds.
Valid point
Old 07-08-2007, 09:07 PM
dakar
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont fancy paying 100 big uns for a licence
Old 07-08-2007, 09:21 PM
sedan man
PassionFord Regular

i have 2 staffies and they are great dogs but personly would never leave them unsupervised around small kids as ultimatly they are my dogs and my responsability.a dog licence would be a great idea and i be more than happy to pay it if it went to a good cause r.s.p.c.a etc but not if it lined labours pockets..

imagine if all new dog owners were home checked,criminal background checked,and a anual check aswell.also giving the police the power to take a dog whos licence cant be produced...

maby then a lot of the more agresive looking breeds wouldnt get a shit reputation...
Old 07-08-2007, 09:31 PM
series1rscars
PassionFord Regular

Had my rotty for 13 years, had 2 kids younger than him that rode him like a pony. He was the softest, most loving animal ever. 12 Stone of big softie. Have to agrre with the bad owners, not bad dog comment, & that the finger shouldnt be pionted at certain breads.

got these now, & they are more dangerous !

Old 07-08-2007, 09:42 PM
DAN P
PassionFord Post Troll

iv had my saffi for 12 1/2 years biggest pussy in the world lol always left him with little kids no prob even when they pull him around as kids do as said not the dogs its the silly cunt chav owners that give dogs a bad name
Old 07-08-2007, 10:47 PM
glancy2081
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

why should a put a muzzel on my dog when he is well trained, and some little chav with smaller dog who does not have it trained does not need one on his smaller dog
Old 08-08-2007, 12:42 AM
4x4

Originally Posted by haz87
Are you with me?
Not on paying £100 for a dog license i'm not
same here.. i dont want to pay 100bills a year

my rott is always on the lead even though he's a big teddy bear who just wants to play.

people who want dogs should go through a "do you have enough brain cells" test or something before they are allowed one.

all these dog attacks are just getting fucking silly now.

good thing is i still only get people smiling and praising my rott when he's on his walk but i can see that changing very soon.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:15 AM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Phil, I know people rip on you 99.999999% of the time, but you obviously know what you are talking about when it comes to dogs . I am not a mega dog fan and don't mind admitting I am wary of the normal steriotypical "nasty" dogs... My Mrs Parents breed Black staffies, and are multiple international award winners with them, and I still find one of the dogs a bit OTT, the others are great dogs and don't mind kids pulling them round and are good as gold, but it is due to expert training and good owners that they know how to look after and treat thier dogs, dogs such as rotties, staffies, alsations etc are given an awful rep by fucking muppets who own them just to try to look "hard"

If you can't be trusted to look after an animal that has the potential to turn when threatened then you shouldn't own one, simple
Old 08-08-2007, 04:47 AM
cressy
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you car`nt blame the dog for having a twat for a owner it`s not there choice when will people start and blame the owners not the dogs
Old 08-08-2007, 07:12 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

what you need to do is think of them as tellies

you need a license and the fee's go to the peole who deal with the telly right? ie the beeb, and if you don't you get fucked by the police as it's against the law
so you get a set up where you have a body set up to dish out the licenses and anyone found to not have one gets their chav taken away from them
they should have x amount of time to get the chav chipped and all that and make sure they are out on a lead and muzzled and all that when in public but this does cause a problem when you want them to go and fetch sticks and shit in the park

also, notice how many attacks happen in the home that are reported as opposed to out in the streets?
Old 08-08-2007, 07:37 AM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Having a £100 licence fee won't change a thing, you'll get the same sort of person who doesn't bother to tax/insure their car won't care about not getting a dog licence.

dojj What you suggest about having the dog taken away from them is unfair on the dog. Regardless of how owners treat them, dogs will still show loyalty, trust and love to that owner and to be taken away and kenneled is cruel. Many dogs are owned by OAPs and people with low incomes who look after their dogs well, would you really want a dog taken away from them because they couldn't afford a £100 licence fee? Dogs Homes are full to brimming now, so a lot of these dogs would end up being put to sleep.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:48 AM
Sunil_FiestaRS1800

I hate it when people says Staffs are dangerous dogs. Its the owners not the dogs. Fair enough they can be vicious towards other dogs but not towards humans unless specifically trained too.

Jack russels and smaller dogs are far more viscous towards humans than Staffs.

I have a jack russel and he is far more vicous than all my mates Staffs. If kids started pulling on my Jack they would get bitten end of.

My gf has a Staff and her little sister tries to ride him and pulls on his ears and he dont care one bit. Will just lick her at most and is never rough with her. Same with another mate who has two Staffs and a little daughter they just dont get pissed off with being pulled about.

If you look on the kennel club website see what the only breed of dog they would recommend to have with kids with is.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:12 AM
nilrem
STOP!... Carry on

seems to be the general opinion it is the owners that are to blame! i have 2 dogs, granted they are collie dogs... but they havent ever been too bad... even when you play with them and possibly get overly playful if you know what i mean... they growl ad show their teeth but they wouldnt bite... trust me i have had them bite me properly but they are trained not to now... its all part of the order chain thing... the licence seems to be a good idea! but as was said, it should go towards a good cause, be it the rspca or shared between charities... i recon you should be forced to have insurance on your pets and possibly go for a yearly checkup/test... alot like cars... that way you could reduce the ammount of dangerous dogs about... but dogs as a symbol are complete bollocks... the owners need to be shot...
Old 08-08-2007, 09:31 AM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

dont get me going on this one. i am a big dog lover(not like that phil!)
the way i see it is that any dog can be aggresive if the owner makes it that way.its not the dogs fault at all.
i have two lovely huskies,a breed that i have wanted since i was a kid.these dogs are by nature a very friendly dog due to thier past with the eskimo's.they were left behind to be with the women and kids while the men were out gathering food.
now these dogs can be made to be aggresive as any dog can.it is all down to the owner.

i hate all these chavy scummers with thier trophy dogs to look hard the dogs get a bad rep and then the rest of the breed gets flack for the minority.

just yesterday we were walking our dogs over the field next to my house,and we came across 3 lads.2 round 25 and 1 young lad about 10,the little lad shouts at us to keep our dogs on the lead cos thier dog is running about loose and is visious.it ran straight for some old girls dog and started on it poor old girl.the dog didnt come back at all when they were shouting at it and was just on a mission.
now im not being funny but thats the sort of dog that should be muzzled and kept on the lead not mine.but as it happens i dont ever let mine off so
it werent an issue but if his dog wouldve gone near mine it wouldve got put on its arse by me!mine are only 9mths so dont want them getting put off of other dogs by one nasty sod.

even if you do license people they will still not pay and have them so again it just hits the honest person rather than the dodgey ones.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:45 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Redkop
Having a £100 licence fee won't change a thing, you'll get the same sort of person who doesn't bother to tax/insure their car won't care about not getting a dog licence.

dojj What you suggest about having the dog taken away from them is unfair on the dog. Regardless of how owners treat them, dogs will still show loyalty, trust and love to that owner and to be taken away and kenneled is cruel. Many dogs are owned by OAPs and people with low incomes who look after their dogs well, would you really want a dog taken away from them because they couldn't afford a £100 licence fee? Dogs Homes are full to brimming now, so a lot of these dogs would end up being put to sleep.
it'd be a start though
i'm not suggesting £100, that was someone else's starting point, but ther needs to be more control
if you had to pass a test to get your license etc then that would be much better

also there has to be controls on breeding, otherwise you could have someone unscruplilous just churning then out to flog on as a disposable comodity

there need to be more strigent checks kept on all the dogs that are about and it's not going ot be easy but you have to put in into perspective
how many dogs need to chew up on little kids faces before it becomes an offence to keep a dog at all?
Old 08-08-2007, 09:52 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Dangerous dogs

i only have ever owned Rottweilers and lots of them...and this was due to as a kid seeing them on The Omen (Original!) as a Devil Dog...
Sounds a very shallow/chavvy reason to want a particular type of dog

Chavs who want a Staffi/Rottweiler etc etc..to be SHOT until dead

Are you with me?
If they are, then by definition based on your own silly reason for wanting that type of dog, it sounds like they are also against you
Old 08-08-2007, 09:56 AM
cossiecrew
PassionFord Post Whore!!

[quote="Chip-3Door"]
i only have ever owned Rottweilers and lots of them...and this was due to as a kid seeing them on The Omen (Original!) as a Devil Dog...
Sounds a very shallow/chavvy reason to want a particular type of dog

hes got a point
Old 08-08-2007, 10:03 AM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Originally Posted by dojj

it'd be a start though
i'm not suggesting £100, that was someone else's starting point, but ther needs to be more control
if you had to pass a test to get your license etc then that would be much better

also there has to be controls on breeding, otherwise you could have someone unscruplilous just churning then out to flog on as a disposable comodity

there need to be more strigent checks kept on all the dogs that are about and it's not going ot be easy but you have to put in into perspective
how many dogs need to chew up on little kids faces before it becomes an offence to keep a dog at all?
It would be impossible to keep a stringent checks on all dogs, nor control breeding.... it'd be a mammoth task and just who would do it?
At the moment there isn't even enough RSPCA inspectors to follow up cruelty cases, so they wouldn't be able to do it, the police couldn't do it as they're understaffed too. Certain breeds to wear muzzles when out is about the only option that can 'help', but as has been mentioned before, a lot of attacks take place in the home.

The previous dog licence of 37½p was abolished because it was a failure.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:19 AM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

the police couldn't do it as they're understaffed too. .
plus the would rather nick a nice car with a non standard exhaust or front plate

Quick Reply: Dangerous dogs