General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Dangerous dogs

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NIL 7717
Originally Posted by Redkop
the police couldn't do it as they're understaffed too. .
plus the would rather nick a nice car with a non standard exhaust or front plate
Police don't set the rules, it's the government, so why the ?

Like it will be the government that set any rules about dogs.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:30 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

plus the would rather nick a nice car with a non standard exhaust or front plate
Indeed, the police have many problems, including things such as underfunding, but by far the biggest problem does appear to be that they are a bunch of cunts who would sooner pick on a nice easy to catch motorist for something trivial, than catch real criminals.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:31 AM
Chip

The ascocation of chief police officers or whatever they are called, are the ones who decide what areas to focus on as well though, they arent totally without power, likewise the bobby on the street can make his own decision about wether to bother pulling over a car thats fundamentally not really doing much wrong and waste half an house of his time that he could be spending doing something else or not.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:37 AM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door

The ascocation of chief police officers or whatever they are called, are the ones who decide what areas to focus on as well though, they arent totally without power, likewise the bobby on the street can make his own decision about wether to bother pulling over a car thats fundamentally not really doing much wrong and waste half an house of his time that he could be spending doing something else or not.
It's still the government that make the rules though! All police forces have targets to meet, otherwise it affects their funding.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:40 AM
Chip

It's still the government that make the rules though! All police forces have targets to meet, otherwise it affects their funding.
Indeed, many of the reason the police force are a useless bunch of cunts are largely out of their hands, I agree with you on that.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:23 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door

there you go,targets to meet! and its easy to get the car driver rather than a rapist,drug dealer,tax dodger etc.

what the hell difference does it matter if a bloke has a 4"tailpipe instead of standard as long as the car aint falling to bits and is dangerous.

but on topic the police dont have and cant rally spar ethe time to police dogs. and breeders dont really care who buys what as long as they get the cash.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:55 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

just because it's impossiblke to do, doesn't mean someone shouldn't attempt to do it

well, you know what i mean
Old 08-08-2007, 05:44 PM
Deleted by Request
Former Sponsor

...why is it shallow to pick a dog like i did ...i never wanted a dog until i saw them on that film...the look is just magnificant....i like a dog with balls ....now the reason i aint a chav is because i dont let them off the lead in public and i dont go out my way to take them in public to show i am a hard man ...The only place i take them is to rottie events....i am quite sure my dogs are fine around kids...but i am responsible enuff not to find out i am wrong....you can never be 100% sure what you dog is thinking.

Dogs that are unable to be pulled off another human need to be muzzled in public..pure and simple...anyone could pull a terrier off a kid...a rottie NO WAY.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:00 PM
KregRS
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by fuzzy
all dogs should be muzzled when out in a public place. i know i wouldnt trust any dog around my kids no matter how friendly the owners think it is.
Fair enough, but why should I trust kids around my dog? Plenty of times I've tied my dog outside a shop only to come back out and find kids playing with him or winding him up. Maybe if parents taught their kids some respect towards other peoples property and animals then the attacks wouldn't happen. I've tried muzzling my dog before, he hated it and I don't see why I should make him suffer just to allay other peoples fears. He has as much right as anyone to walk around unrestrained, so if anyone should decide to not show respect and antagonise a dog then they only have themselves to blame. Before anyone tries to say I am not a responsible dog owner, my dog is always kept on a lead, only allowed off when safe to do so, wears the required collar and tag, 3 tags in fact , and is also micro chipped.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:51 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by KregRS
Originally Posted by fuzzy
all dogs should be muzzled when out in a public place. i know i wouldnt trust any dog around my kids no matter how friendly the owners think it is.
Fair enough, but why should I trust kids around my dog? Plenty of times I've tied my dog outside a shop only to come back out and find kids playing with him or winding him up. Maybe if parents taught their kids some respect towards other peoples property and animals then the attacks wouldn't happen. I've tried muzzling my dog before, he hated it and I don't see why I should make him suffer just to allay other peoples fears. He has as much right as anyone to walk around unrestrained, so if anyone should decide to not show respect and antagonise a dog then they only have themselves to blame. Before anyone tries to say I am not a responsible dog owner, my dog is always kept on a lead, only allowed off when safe to do so, wears the required collar and tag, 3 tags in fact , and is also micro chipped.

i wouldnt want to muzzle my two either tbh but i would be happy to keep them on a lead.and i do.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:11 PM
4x4
Advanced PassionFord User

Bosch_Dealer

rottweiler shows?? sounds interesting!

where and when do these go on? im in london so any close by?