General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Do you suffer with hangovers badly????

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 07:25 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts
Default Do you suffer with hangovers badly????

Right, when i first started drinking properly at 17(not cider in the park at 14 etc lol) i used to go out, get hammered and wake up next morning, bad head, throw up, be in bed for rest of day till about 4pm Then at about 19ish i started drinking alcho-pops, i used to drink loads and get hammered, wake up next morning felling like ive had a drink but no hangovers But i like a beer so it was a bit cack like. Anyways, a few years of alcho-pops and i went back on the lager. I was fine, just had the odd hangover....sometimes id get hammered on stella etc and be up early....but over the last 12 months ive gone back to being rough as fook in a morning. Saturday night was our annual garden party and as per drinking from 7pm till 1 am i was bolloxed, and didnt get up while 2pm sunday and was rough all day

What causes the hangovers???. Some people get up next day like they aint even touched the stuff Does my head in...
Old 06-08-2007, 07:42 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Apparantly my misses say's i drink too much

I've found not drinking water through the night but orange cordial at 40% orange rest water.

Never feel shit at all since i've started doing that

Everyone's different though mate
Old 06-08-2007, 07:43 PM
djmillsy
Fife Radge

i hardly get a hangover if i do as soon as i have a fryup im right as rain
Old 06-08-2007, 07:44 PM
SassyRS
Little Miss...

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I rarely get them, but if i do they hurt BAD
Old 06-08-2007, 07:45 PM
pete mcrash
saff is working!!!...atm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

our lass has suffered realy bad since having the kids......not calling u a girl though.........
Old 06-08-2007, 07:46 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

djmillsy

thats like me, as soon as i get something to eat i come round, but i cant even think about food until the afternoon Every now and then i drag myself out of bed and eat but rarely can do it

Might try the orange trick then......ill try owt. What makes me ask this too though is i get pissed on holiday and dont get hangovers
Old 06-08-2007, 07:49 PM
BigChuck
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

after a night on the piss, have something to eat, chips n cheese or a kebab usually does the job, then a couple of pints of water just before going to bed. that usually works for me.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:52 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If i drink vodka, no hangover.
PT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

usually feel a bit rough and tired but not hungover. Although If I have Tequila I can say goodbye to the day after
cfoster
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Normally if I keep off of the Stella and red wine im ok, however Saturday night seemed different . Didnt make Ford Fair

Best thing I have found to stop hangovers are Milk Thistle tablets (buy em off the shelf from any Holland & Barrett / Health shops etc). I take 2 of em before I go out then always try and have a Kebab / Subway etc at the end of the night (which I didnt do this time ) and i'm fine!! A pint of water as well is always handy if you remember and of course the KFC for lunch on Sunday!!!!!

Chris
Old 06-08-2007, 07:53 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Your getting old!

im getting worse now on the day after.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:53 PM
bigchez
PassionFord Post Whore!!

just have a spliff when you get up. Cures hangover straight away.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:57 PM
djmillsy
Fife Radge

oh and drink milk before you go out
Old 06-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

CossieRich

all the alky pop stuff was vodka and like i say didnt get hangovers.....but i love a beer...

Cheers Rhys

Eating dont work either ive always had a kebab or sommat after going round town etc
Old 06-08-2007, 08:12 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Water is the key mate! I always down a couple of pints of water before going to bed and im usually ok by mid morning, say 10-11 ish. If i forget the water then i can forget about getting up until 2 ish.

Feeling crap is due to the brain being de-hydrated. Its quite scary when you look into why we actually get hangovers properly and scientifically. Its all to do with the the brain contracting and 'shrinking' and 'drying out' so to speak. Thats the reason why water is essential. Although water thats too cold (from fridge or if the taps left running for ages can actually be quite bad too as it can shock the system.) Room temperature water is whats needed. I used to sprew water straight back up if it was too cold as the stomach often rejects it if your feeling crap to start with.

Ive also heard that a can of red bull can work too, although ive never tried that myself.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:52 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

I drink a couple of pints USUALLY before i go to bed but i still get the hangover...must admit i didnt this weekend as i had just gone...i didnt say goodnight to anyone at MY party lmao i just did one and went to bed...i think i died for the night tbh Lindsay said when she woke with baby at 6:30 i was in the exact position i was in when she had cleared everything away at 2 am

Lindsay is a nurse ive told her to bring some IV drips home and stick me on one for the night when im pissed so i dont de hydrate lmfao
Old 06-08-2007, 09:00 PM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

no time for hangovers in the morning,i'm usually getting my ear bent to clean up piss from the laminate floor anywhare bar the fookin toilet!

seriously if 2 pints of water(which my lizard brain rarely remembers to take)and a morning fry up doesnt work it has to be a few more beers to bring you down gently
Old 06-08-2007, 09:02 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Gary_R

its strange how some people do and some dont.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:05 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

dovboy

thats something i meant asking on here tbh Does the 'hair of the dog' actually work as ive never tried it

I think im getting like my Dad. My mum tells loads of stories of him waking her up in the night as he opened the wardrobe door and starts pissing thinking hes at the lav I used to lmao at the stories, until about 2 months ago i actually sat on the edge of the bed and pissed

Time to stop drinking or buy large nappies?
Old 06-08-2007, 09:12 PM
RobCarden
358bhp

they get worse as you get older.... i'm 30 in dec and it started getting bad at 25...

have 2 sort of figs that let me know what to expect....

6 drinks max and will be fine. can work next day ok

10 drinks.... wouldn't want to work but could do sat stuff like shopping... no headache...

more that 10/12 = full on death.

fucking HATE hangovers!!! rarely get them but when i do its not so much a headache its a shakey shitty grotty feeling.... feel jumpy and edgy all day.. can't sit still......

do the usual thing.. ALWAYS drink a FULL 1.5l evian before bed.... it helps... but still suffer.....

don't drink stella or mix my drinks....

few things help.. st johns wort or some other herbal thing... prob all in the mind....

no way i could work then next day....

must be a soft southern shandy drinking ponce
Old 06-08-2007, 09:12 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

food and/or water before you go to bed defo helps loads, but if you can do that without fail every time you clearly not that drunk anyhow.

thats the trouble, not doing that before i go to sleep.

not sure if certain drinks do it for me more than others as always drink lot of everything.

usually pretty hangin the next day, but rarely spend less than 60quid a night, and usually 100+

gotta say, but adding drugs to the mix means im almost totally un-hungover the next day, but ive quit all but alcohol for now so thats not helping me.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:15 PM
rssteve

don't superdrug sell some tablets that stop you getting hangovers? There was a big story on it in the papers about a year or so ago as you could still be pissed but feel fine.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:16 PM
coco16i

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sure sign of getting old Lee mate

Used to be quite a heavy drinker years ago and almost never got a hangover and used to drink anything and everything

Now that i have as good as stopped drinking its all gone pear shaped when i do take a fill of drink

Can only drink a fraction of what i used to be able to handle ( 15 or so pints used to be par for the course then onto spirits ! ) and nearly always feel drained and useless the next day !!

Drinkinf loads of Irn Bru the next day seems to do the trick for me though
Old 06-08-2007, 09:16 PM
RobCarden
358bhp

Originally Posted by Stavros
but if you can do that without fail every time you clearly not that drunk anyhow.
agreed... but that makes it worse.... you don't mind so much if you feel you've gone out and smashed youself to bits.....

but it you try and hold back and do the right things..... then still suffer .....your just fucked!
Old 06-08-2007, 09:19 PM
discodenkelly
bounce, bounce, bounce

If I get steamed I'm a bit heady in the morning but a good fry up seems to sort the job. Doesn't matter whether I eat/drink before going to bed either. Usually too pissed to manage that anyway.
I tend to be worse if I go out and have 4-6 pints of bitter as opposed to a skin full. Vodka does not affect me the following morning, used to drink bottle or so a night at one stage so I'm kinda amune to it
Whisky or brandy stuff me up big time though even though I love em.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:19 PM
coco16i

Originally Posted by RobCarden
Originally Posted by Stavros
but if you can do that without fail every time you clearly not that drunk anyhow.
agreed... but that makes it worse.... you don't mind so much if you feel you've gone out and smashed youself to bits.....

but it you try and hold back and do the right things..... then still suffer .....your just fucked!

Got to agree there mate.... have been out on quite a few occasions and only had maybe 4 or 5 pints and woken up the next day feeling like total shit

Then the next weekend have drank twice that amount and felt brand new
Old 06-08-2007, 09:28 PM
RobCarden
358bhp

and what makes it worse is everybodys got a mate thats fucking IMMUNE to hangovers and drinks more than anybody else! bastards!
Old 06-08-2007, 09:29 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Stavros

thats maybe why i was never hungover on the alky pop days, as they were my e days too
Old 06-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Rob you sound like me...thats how i feel, shakey, sicky cant sit up etc...not so much of a headache just dizzy etc,,

I do think that if i could drink water before bed, eat quite a bit then drinkwater through the night id be fine, but if was sober enough to do that then we wouldnt be having this discussion as i only get like this when im really hammered like....
Old 06-08-2007, 09:33 PM
pete mcrash
saff is working!!!...atm

breakfast beer.................the best cure.....................
Old 06-08-2007, 09:38 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

redbull mate, serious it works wonders

half way through the night have a few vodka redbulls and then in the morning have some in the fridge ( or relentless as i prefer the taste of that)

ive got a bit of a drinking problem when ive had a beer and i generally start at 6ish with a few games of pool and swiss beer of some sort then back on the stella,,,, i use redbull to keep me for flopping during the night and then relentless for the morning,,,, ask anyone who went german with us what time we left the pub and how bad i was in the morning,,,, since doing that i solves them

im taking about having 3 hours sleep before going to work too and turning up pissed,,, have a can of relentless and also you dont feel lazy at around 11ish in the morning

before than i used to just sleep all of saturday and get up at 6ish and go back out and they sleep in sunday, get up at 3 for me dinner and go back to bed,,, that way i feel normal on monday

steve also has a VERY good point when it comes to drugs,,, charlie is a great hangover cure or a little bit of speed in your morning tea too

i was out friday till about 4ish and i got up at 10 and took the missus and baby to southend where we was in peter pans adventure island all day,,,, was like a mini blackpool pissup apart from i had to get a cab to pick me car up and then drive from kilburn to southend
Old 06-08-2007, 09:43 PM
coco16i

Resolve is the only stuff that really cures me these days as get sick of drinking fizzy Irn Bru !!!

Am that fed up with having a hangover these days that i do try and hold back with the amount i drink when out just purely because i dont want to waste all of the next day feeling like shit and not fit to do fuck all !!!
Old 06-08-2007, 09:46 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

btw i remember when i went on a stag do in jersey when i was 20 and the bloke who was getting married was in a sunday rugby team,,,,, them fuckers can drink HARD and the next day the bastards carried on drinking too,,,,, none of them fuckers had hangovers,,,,,, i used to get em real bad them days too as that was the time id sleep them off,,, ( btw thats the best way imo if there than bad )

seriously though nothing anoys more than a person who dont get hang overs
Old 06-08-2007, 09:57 PM
RobCarden
358bhp

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
Rob you sound like me...thats how i feel, shakey, sicky cant sit up etc...not so much of a headache just dizzy etc,,

I do think that if i could drink water before bed, eat quite a bit then drinkwater through the night id be fine, but if was sober enough to do that then we wouldnt be having this discussion as i only get like this when im really hammered like....
i do the water... does help a bit but still suffer and just want to die! feel really down and can't keep still.... even watching tv my legs might be twitching! must be about to croak it!

other shit thing is...i always wake up really early! even if not gone to bed til 4ish i ll be awake around 8/9 ! almost like my body is saying 'oi, wake up, you rnot going to miss that feeling like shit, i'm going to make you pay all day'
Old 06-08-2007, 10:03 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

its weird some days i can be rough as fuck, rarely sick, aint thrown up on drink in absolute years...

other days i wake up with just a twinge

Carl
Old 06-08-2007, 10:05 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

i usually throw up half way through the night,,,,, i through up by 830pm on friday,,,,, sometimes beer makes me hurl if it aint right tasting,,,,, fuck me why do i drink in the swiss
Old 06-08-2007, 10:06 PM
the benno
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
djmillsy

What makes me ask this too though is i get pissed on holiday and dont get hangovers
thats exactly what happens with me wierd

Quick Reply: Do you suffer with hangovers badly????