General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

So it was HAMILTON at fault, not Alonso!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 06:23 PM
Martyn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default So it was HAMILTON at fault, not Alonso!

That certainly turns things round does'nt it

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61368
Old 04-08-2007, 06:28 PM
cos jon
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If that is the case its a bit petty to hold Alonso in just to get back at hamilton, after all there the same team !!!!

Still think Alonso is a w@nker..........
Old 04-08-2007, 06:34 PM
Redkop
Member No: 39

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlin...04200238.shtml

[04/08/07 - 20:02]
Hamilton triggered pit controversy - Alonso
Making back a lap from the fuel burn phase...

More than four hours after the incident at the end of Hungarian GP qualifying, the Fernando Alonso versus Lewis Hamilton pit stop controversy is still sizzling.

Pole sitter Alonso, under investigation from the stewards, told Spanish publications including the newspaper Marca that the intricate timing of McLaren's qualifying strategy got out of sequence because Hamilton ignored an instruction from the pit wall.

Team boss Ron Dennis, who was visibly angry despite seeing his cars qualify first and second, confirmed the news to reporters in Budapest.

"Lewis should have slowed and let Fernando past," Dennis said. "And he didn't. He charged off."

But Alonso has threatened to widen the tension with his British teammate and team even further by speculating as to why so many long faces could be seen in McLaren overalls after qualifying.

"Because I am first and Hamilton is second," he told Marca. "This is something that is very hard for me to say, but that is what I see.
"

Alonso added that Hamilton had been asked during the 'Q3' phase on Saturday to let him past, "but he did not do it," the Spaniard said.

"That was the only problem within the team today. The annoyance of Dennis and the annoyance of everyone was because Hamilton did not accept an order that was repeated to him on the radio five or six times," Alonso added.

After Hamilton's radio order refusal, Alonso said the pit stop delay was to rectify the fact that he had lost a lap in the crucial 'fuel burn' phase.

Apparently... However it is not clear why that is relevant in terms of qualification ‘blocking’, which traditionally earns a penalty...
Old 04-08-2007, 06:46 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

so basicly this mean they are going to start in the pit lane?

Old 04-08-2007, 06:50 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

So Alonso wasn't changing the CD?

Old 04-08-2007, 09:07 PM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

tut tut lewis
Old 04-08-2007, 09:20 PM
warleydaddy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by A J
So Alonso wasn't changing the CD?

You coooooooooooont!!!

Pete...
Old 04-08-2007, 09:31 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

ron is king of the art of bullshit so why was he doing his nut the lol
Old 04-08-2007, 09:53 PM
AlexF
10K+ Poster!!

He was doing his nut and said that he would find out what happene and deal with it ... if it was like he said in those stroies he would have said so instantly!

You know when people tell a REALLY long - they are usually trying to hid the truth in the detail
Old 04-08-2007, 09:58 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

hamiltons bin pissing on alonso front yard all season and this weekend has been no difference hamilton has been 4 tenths quicker in most of the practices and quaily so if this is the case alnso wont be first for long
Old 04-08-2007, 10:01 PM
A.Moore

Not a fan of Alonso, arrogant look about him.Lewis all the way!
Old 04-08-2007, 10:09 PM
collierm
MP for K.I.S.S

What a load of bollocks, if Ron knew all that, then why did he throw his headset at the screens when Alonso didn't move.

More excuses. Tut tut
Old 04-08-2007, 10:12 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexF
He was doing his nut and said that he would find out what happene and deal with it ... if it was like he said in those stroies he would have said so instantly!

You know when people tell a REALLY long - they are usually trying to hid the truth in the detail
he went to great pains to point out that it wasn't alnosos' fault but he didn't say it was lewis' fault either by saying it was, he said it in a way that would blame lewis but only when the mdeia got hold of the story and skewed it that way
in a way, he was defending alonso more than he was slating lewis so it all ends up even

the man is a hyporcite in my onion but at least he's trying to salvage the season
it's looking like his drivers will be snatching defeat from the jaws of victory
Old 05-08-2007, 05:43 AM
StuarTurbo
Regular Contributor

Fair play to lewis for standing up to Alonso , maybe if Eddie Irvine had done this then he could have been world champion instead of Schuis wing man
Old 05-08-2007, 05:49 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

RON is only doing damage limitation when talking this bollocks.
He just does not want to upset his "STAR" player, the spoil alonso.
He will soon see hammy has way more potential.
tabetha
Old 05-08-2007, 09:48 AM
silver
Regular Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alonso has been put back five places for blocking.

That will wipe the smug grin from him.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:59 AM
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Location: Sudbury Suffolk, Drives: Octavia VRS & XR2i 1800 Zetec track car

Lewis was allegedly rude over the radio at the end of qualifiying causing Ron to throw his headphones down in disgust.

I don't think it was fair to demote Alsonso, I don't think any rules were broken, ok if it was tactical/revenge on his part certainly not very sporting, but should he have been penalised in the actual race because of it?
At the same time Lewis did disobey orders to let Alsonso past, it must be difficult when your told to do something but you can see it may not be to your advantage to do so..

Z
Old 06-08-2007, 10:09 AM
c0ss1e9i6
Franco

Originally Posted by collierm
What a load of bollocks, if Ron knew all that, then why did he throw his headset at the screens when Alonso didn't move.

More excuses. Tut tut
And drag Alonso's team coach down the pit lane by the scruff of the neck almost?
Old 06-08-2007, 10:09 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

More excuses. Tut tut
because he was annoyed at Alonso...

But Lewis DID start the row off by not moving over...

I have lost a little respect for Lewis actually.

Team orders are Team orders...
Old 06-08-2007, 10:28 AM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

apparently relations between the two drivers are at a all time low
Old 06-08-2007, 10:31 AM
Redkop

Originally Posted by Porkie

More excuses. Tut tut

Did you read 'why' though Lewis didn't move over? They are both playing silly mindgames IMO, perhaps this will be a lesson to both of them.

Q: (Tony Dodgins – Autosport) Obviously the seeds of the win were sewn yesterday. I wonder if you can clear a couple of things up. First of all, the team said that this was one of the tracks where it wasn’t possible to do the same number of burn-off laps but then when you do the maths it seems as if it is. And secondly, the reason why you didn’t respect the agreement for Fernando to get out (of the pits) first. I think you said Kimi was close and I think you said you didn’t agree with it. Could you just elaborate a little bit please?
LH: Firstly, I finished my Q2 time first, so I came into the pits. They cooled down my car quickest, so I was at the end of the pit lane first, which is always the aim for me. It’s what I like to do, I like to be out first. When I was at the end of the pit lane, they reminded me ‘Lewis, let Fernando past’ and I saw that Fernando was sort of staggered to the right of me and Kimi was very very close behind that. So I immediately thought, OK, we can let Fernando past as long as we don’t let Kimi past because that puts me out of sync and could ruin my qualifying run. So I had to take a split (second) decision. I got round the first corner, I thought ‘OK, if Fernando keeps with me, we will both make it, we’ll both have the pace.’ So I pushed, I don’t know why he didn’t, but he dropped off quite a bit. I was told to let Fernando past later on but he was miles behind so I just kept going.
Q: (Tony Dodgins – Autosport) And the fuel burn?
LH: I think it’s only at certain tracks you are able to do it, so they say, and here is one where you definitely can do it and I think if he had stayed right with me, we both would have got an extra lap. I think that would have been right.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:51 AM
jumpin jack crash
its a gas gas gas

all seems a bit silly between the two imo, just petty bitchiness. i agree if ts team orders hamilton should take it on the chin and do it no matter if it fucks his own chances up. and alonso imo is just a jumped up cockend whos gettin to be made stupid by a rookie. at least hamilton is showing why he is better on the track by consistently kicking alonso's spanish arse at most of the grand prix.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:15 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Redkop

More excuses. Tut tut

Did you read 'why' though Lewis didn't move over? They are both playing silly mindgames IMO, perhaps this will be a lesson to both of them.

Q: (Tony Dodgins – Autosport) Obviously the seeds of the win were sewn yesterday. I wonder if you can clear a couple of things up. First of all, the team said that this was one of the tracks where it wasn’t possible to do the same number of burn-off laps but then when you do the maths it seems as if it is. And secondly, the reason why you didn’t respect the agreement for Fernando to get out (of the pits) first. I think you said Kimi was close and I think you said you didn’t agree with it. Could you just elaborate a little bit please?
LH: Firstly, I finished my Q2 time first, so I came into the pits. They cooled down my car quickest, so I was at the end of the pit lane first, which is always the aim for me. It’s what I like to do, I like to be out first. When I was at the end of the pit lane, they reminded me ‘Lewis, let Fernando past’ and I saw that Fernando was sort of staggered to the right of me and Kimi was very very close behind that. So I immediately thought, OK, we can let Fernando past as long as we don’t let Kimi past because that puts me out of sync and could ruin my qualifying run. So I had to take a split (second) decision. I got round the first corner, I thought ‘OK, if Fernando keeps with me, we will both make it, we’ll both have the pace.’ So I pushed, I don’t know why he didn’t, but he dropped off quite a bit. I was told to let Fernando past later on but he was miles behind so I just kept going.
LH: I think it’s only at certain tracks you are able to do it, so they say, and here is one where you definitely can do it and I think if he had stayed right with me, we both would have got an extra lap. I think that would have been right.
Of course I did.... but I don't care what Lewis thought. He was TOLD 6 times by the team that have been wiping his fucking ass for him since he was 2 years old to move over... AND HE DIDN'T.

The end....

I have been Hamiltons biggest fan this year and think he is an amazing talent... but as I said I lost alot of respect for him after that.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:20 AM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

As said yesterday, the stewards had no right to get involved as it was a problem within the team, Alonso should not have been put 5 places back imo.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:46 AM
Redkop

More excuses. Tut tut

Of course I did.... but I don't care what Lewis thought. He was TOLD 6 times by the team that have been wiping his fucking ass for him since he was 2 years old to move over... AND HE DIDN'T.

The end....

I have been Hamiltons biggest fan this year and think he is an amazing talent... but as I said I lost alot of respect for him after that.
SIX times where did you read that then? What about loss of respect for Alonso then, did you condone what he did?

It's 2 prima donnas thinking they have the God given right to do what the hell they choose over Team orders. Sadly, you find this in nearly all top competetive sports now... and these superstars see it, that it has to be done if you want to get on.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:48 AM
Kev.H
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Porkie dont be so fucking gay their race car drivers FFS hot heads who wanna go toe to toe and win at all cost

some call it cheating or a poor show of sportsman ship... but then who remembers those people cos they never win exploring the rules I call it Shuey was a great driver but would win at all cost even if he lost friends or respect for it how many times was he champ again
Old 06-08-2007, 11:52 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

SIX times where did you read that then? What about loss of respect for Alonso then, did you condone what he did?
read and heard it loads of places...

the link YOU posted for one...

Alonso was BANG out of order.... Lewis started it though. He should have more respect for his Team and Ron Dennis.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:59 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/...talking-to-me/

this a funny read
Old 06-08-2007, 12:09 PM
mark
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well i couldent give a fook whos to blame its made f1 worth watching for a change
Old 06-08-2007, 12:10 PM
Terry Tibbs
PassionFord Post Troll

It doesn't turn anything around.

Alonso knew that he had to pass Hamilton. Hamilton knew he had to let Alonso past. Why would Alonso hang back? If Hamilton let him by he would then hold Hamilton up and therefore putting him out of Qualifying.

Doesn't change shit IMO. Alonso was bang out of order.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:12 PM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by mark
well i couldent give a fook whos to blame its made f1 worth watching for a change
agreed there
Old 06-08-2007, 12:20 PM
Redkop

read and heard it loads of places...

the link YOU posted for one...

Alonso was BANG out of order.... Lewis started it though. He should have more respect for his Team and Ron Dennis.
Arhhh.... so it was only on that site where Alonso claimed 5 or 6 times, not an official report from McLaren, the stewards or anything from the official F1.com site, just that site..... riiight! That site also states.... "The newspaper Marca adds that Alonso placed a "Hamilton or me" ultimatum to Ron Dennis in Hungary regarding 2008."

Alonso lied about everything else, like "I waited in front of Hamilton because I was checking whether the correct tyres had been fitted to his car" so why should anyone believe him now claiming 5 or 6 times? It does ask the question also like mentioned by Terry Tibbs
.... WHY didn't Gonso overtake Lewis if he'd heard the order 5 or 6 times?

Good on Hamilton I say
Old 06-08-2007, 07:44 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

He'll be Gutted about that

The last driver to tell Dennis where to go was some Brazilian fella. Sen-ha or something.

Bottom line is that Lewis is making a big point here. "I'll do what the team wants up to a certain point. Then if it doesnt fit with MY aims, I'll do what I want" Where Ayrton had an advantage was that he was far more seasoned than Lewis and Ron had to accept (mostly) his terms if he wanted to keep him at the team. Which he of course did but soured the relationship to Alain which made him go to Ferrari.

Personally I think thats a risky avenue for Lewis to take, especially with a team so controlled as McLaren. However, the relations between Ron and Lewis (and Anthony) will smooth this over before Turkey. The main issue will be whether things can be patched up with Alonso. Renault have said they would take him back if he wanted to return. FA's contract is to the end of 08, but theirs options on both sides. Remember that FA was under the impression he would be No.1 as his team mate (whoever it was to be) would be a lesser driver. He's a driver that needs "the hug" and to be made feel special. Something Flavio does far better than Ron. Renault or rather Briatore, knew that to win championships like MSC did no parity, no equality. As FA was with them for 5 years. Its not something hes aclimitising easily to at McLaren.

The whole Qualy/pit lane thing was really a case of airing the laundry. Which ultimately buggered everyone. IMO
Old 06-08-2007, 08:49 PM
northerner

TBH - I think Hamilton is try to force Ron Dennis to make Alonso back him instead of running against him