General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Halifax customers be warned

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007 | 03:52 PM
Shandy-Ade
Advanced PassionFord User

Default Halifax customers be warned

There's a scam email going about sayint they have temporary closed your login, to you online account because they suspect fraud, and they ask you to validate your details.

I knbow it's a scam as i'm not with Halifax
Old 01-08-2007 | 03:58 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

I'm with Halifax, thanks for the warning, if I ever figure out this computer stuff it will be of some use, but good of you to warn others.
tabetha
Old 01-08-2007 | 04:03 PM
cfoster
PassionFord Post Whore!!

yup, deffo a scam! I had it as well. It links to a German website if you look carefully but all of the shortcut / links on the site route to the proper halifax site!! Fookers!!

Chris
Old 01-08-2007 | 05:44 PM
bigchez
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Anyone stupid enough to put in their full account details to any email deserves all they get!

One of the reasons i don't use internet banking, i just don't trust it. I'm with halifax, and the phone banking is brilliant!
Old 01-08-2007 | 06:01 PM
nilrem
STOP!... Carry on

its been around for ages... but they are very clever and use similar web addresses! but as said above, you deserve all you get if you give your details away... hsbc internet banking is awesome! you have a 9 number code you have to enter first, then after that, they ask you for random numbers from that code... that way, unless someone has been watching you for ages, and has been checking your screen, they cant get you through key pad strokes!