General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

what would you do

Search this Thread

Old 31-07-2007, 11:10 PM
Dave Parker
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what would you do

we bought a new focus may 06 and have had to take it back at least 15 times for various faults by the time it was 7 mths old.so as they couldnt fix all the faults which include.

water in head and tail lights
rusty wheel bolts
non starting
flat battery
immobiliser activation
various warning lamps
miss fires
speedo not working
speedo stuck at 30 mph (even reads in reverse)
water in boot
no voice control
bluetooth failing 10 times
"dozens of faults in ecu"

to list just a few , tried to reject but was to much hassle so decided to just replace it with another to be told that they didnt want to take it in part exchange because they didnt want to have the same troubles in the future with another customer.so i complained to the manager who agreed to take it in but would have to offset the p/x price to reflect what they might have to do to the car even though it was only 7 mths old and still under warranty. even though we have had at least ten cars from this main dealer they have treated us like shit and the figure they quoted for the p/x was £8000 less than i paid for it even though its only done 4000 miles and £2000 less than i have been offered at another dealer.
to say im not happy is an under statement. this is the same dealer whos mechanics were caught ragging someones escos from pf months ago
your views please
Old 31-07-2007, 11:14 PM
Billabong
PassionFord Post Whore!!

It sounds like a lemon - push to reject it (if you can, given the timescale involved) - based on their attitude re: price due to problems, they're basically saying it's a lemon!!!

When it comes to rejecting a car, the dealer has to do all the legwork with the car co' so often try to fob you off.....

Might be worth speaking to trading standards - they should be able to tell you about timeframes and best course of action.

Mate had to reject his Yellow lemon of an EVO due to a few things - got there in the end, but think it was within a year of buying it.
Old 31-07-2007, 11:25 PM
Carlsworth
Former Sponsor

get adice from a solicitor, and get them to send a letter

considering the amount of problems etc with the car, they would be mental to let it go to court

carl
Old 31-07-2007, 11:29 PM
Terry Tibbs
PassionFord Post Troll

Offload it back to them asap.

Car is sold to be in good working condition, trading standards would have a field day
Old 31-07-2007, 11:37 PM
PAUL V
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Got 1st hand expreance of this from the other side ( I sell new Motorbikes)

Get in touch with trading standards they are more on your side than the gargage FACT !

Now If you have had the same problem happen more than twice you can Reject the car on that grounds no matter how long you have had it or if the parts that have failed is covered by the warrenty.

List all the problems you have had with the car dont lie and add more just the facts in plane 1 line sentences starting at no 1 .

Trading standards will contact the garage for you and start the ball rolling, they can if they wish have the car inspected to find any faults, if this is the case make sure the car in clean and in good condtion IE Looked after.

If the garage dont play ball trading standards will take them to court for you IF THEY THINK THERE IS A CASE. This is tax payers money and they wont waste it if they dont think they will win.

Hope This helps
Old 01-08-2007, 12:52 AM
KregRS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alternatively, have you tried speaking to Ford HQ? I had a problem with a used car, Orion 1600i Ghia I bought a few years ago, from local Ford franchise. A sensor went tits up after a few days and after being pissed about til the warrenty ran out, (and in the meantime finding out that the part they claimed wasn't available was actually in stock a few miles away), I ended up ringing up Ford HQ, told them my complaint and let them take it from there. Within half hour the dealers were on the phone arranging the repair. They tried charging me for the work until I made another call, after which they agreed to do the work foc, and supply a courtesy car and compensate me for my time that they had wasted. All this and a grovelling letter of apology when I picked the car up.

Trending Topics

Old 01-08-2007, 04:54 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would go with TRADING STANDARDS.
tabetha
Old 01-08-2007, 04:57 AM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tabetha
tabetha
Same!

thats not on...
Old 01-08-2007, 05:59 AM
focusv8
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts

Ask them to write down the part ex value including the offset, in itself that is an admission that they think the car is crap.

If they ask you why you want it in writing tell them it's for evidence in court when you both get there, it might shake them up a bit.
If you already have it pass it to trading standards.

Then try and get the better price written down from the other dealer.

Old 01-08-2007, 06:23 AM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Originally Posted by tabetha
tabetha
--Ditto--

Surely though the car is still under Ford's Manufacturer's Warranty and therefore, isn't the Dealer under obligation to put right the faults? I'd also ring Ford's Head Office and report this Dealer.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:43 AM
Dave Parker

spoke to trading standards today they going to look in to it also spoke again to ford cust centre not very helpful usual dealer blah blah a bit surprised at the dealers they are a big concern up north (manchester)not taking it seriously
Old 02-08-2007, 07:23 AM
mrs-m

we had similar problems brought a focus st170 couple years ago off local ford dealer hadn't had it a month and brakes failed took it in and they said could't find anything wrong on way home engine management light came on so took it back in next day said it would be done in hour so hung round town for it took them six hours before they sorted it.had various other problems with it so when to another local ford dealer and part x it for a mondeo tdci.next morning when to put it in reverse took me ages to do.and evey morn was same so took it in and had new clutch.had them check for banging noise at the back said couldn't find anything.when back in for water leakin onto back seats,losing water from washer bottle.still got bangin noise still said it was nothin.noise was drivin us mad and car kept pullin to kerb so took it to chemix and found out antiroll bar bush was missin on oneside.took it bk to ford and said was it safe to drive till they could do it his reply was well you have drove it for two months with it off.the car was meant to be serviced when we had it and checked three times and they didnt see it.anyway its back in again on tuesday as got no reverse lights and dont know how long we aint had them,theres a knocking on the front and having problems with the gears again .will never buy new ford again as far as they are concerned they have got your money so sod you
Old 02-08-2007, 07:41 AM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Originally Posted by cozzie_dave1
spoke to trading standards today they going to look in to it also spoke again to ford cust centre not very helpful usual dealer blah blah a bit surprised at the dealers they are a big concern up north (manchester)not taking it seriously
Do a search on Google and see if you can track down any email addresses for FMC Chief Exec or anyone else high up in the heirachy and send everyone of them an email, listing your complaint.

I did this with Norwich Union about a household claim. I think I must have sent 20+ emails to different depts in the hope someone would act on the email.... and they did