General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

FAO Bikers- R1???? look at theese pics

Search this Thread

Old 22-06-2007, 02:15 PM
Deano
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S1rst
That looks nice mate!! Out of interest, do the genuine urban tigers say 'urban tiger' on the log book, so you know its a factory bike? If not, is there any well to tell if its a factory bike?
Only the paint work distinguishes an Urban Tiger and the fact they only were made on RRR`s and RRS`s so from 1994 until 1996 .

The new ones have all been painted by Dream Machine and arent offical Honda Urban Tigers etc which means if you scratch it ..............
Old 22-06-2007, 03:20 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Deano
That looks nice mate!! Out of interest, do the genuine urban tigers say 'urban tiger' on the log book, so you know its a factory bike? If not, is there any well to tell if its a factory bike?
Only the paint work distinguishes an Urban Tiger and the fact they only were made on RRR`s and RRS`s so from 1994 until 1996 .

The new ones have all been painted by Dream Machine and arent offical Honda Urban Tigers etc which means if you scratch it ..............
Ah right, cheers.

Ive been looking at the 06 in urban tiger colours on autotrader for and im VERY tempted.
Old 22-06-2007, 03:58 PM
Deano
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Deano

Ah right, cheers.

Ive been looking at the 06 in urban tiger colours on autotrader for and im VERY tempted.
The trouble with going for a rep spray job is ......... you can either get a good one eg :

Or a fucking piss poor effort

Old 22-06-2007, 04:15 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The bottom ones the one i was looking at!! The top one does look better when side by side though.
Old 22-06-2007, 04:46 PM
Deano
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Thats because the top one has been sprayed using the proper colours and shading around the CBR plus the RR on the tail like the original

The bottom ones just .......... wank
Old 22-06-2007, 05:07 PM
gareth589
Regular Contributor

Default Your R1

Hi Chap...

Just read your post on going for a R1 as a first bike. Mate i have just given up biking after nearly 10 years. I have owned some real hard core machine my last project was a gsxr 750 k5 that i spent 32k on. It was featured in the last 3 months of fast bike magazine as the uk's most exotic gixer. Sadly after taking 10 months to build it she was written off in march this year by a boy racer that hit me head on.

My advice to you is this, many people when just passing there D.A.S go out and buy the biggest and fastest bike they can. They then hook up with like minded people and go for ride outs. Sadly group mentaltty is that one of the guys in the group will be a shit hot rider and set the pace, the rest will follow in pursuit, leaving the slow one at the back, in this case the rider then tends to take risks, as in going to fast in to bends, braking in to bends and in general riding way beyond there means and abilty. which often ends in a crash and the rider is hurt or sadly killed.

The early Yamaha R1'S were known as the widow maker because they bite you in the ass with no warning and do not provide you with the greatest of feedback, i owned one and felt is was to wild.
Im not knocking this bike as its truly amazing but for you i would go out and look at the 600cc class, try the suzuki which was my first bike, i have owned the cbr600rr which is great and the kawk 636 was fun, in my eyes i have had the gixxer thou which is mental and a great bike.

All i ask is please listen to what i say and learn your time on a bike do some advanced training like the bikesafe scheme which is run by all police forces across the country and take on the tips they give. Spend six months or a season to enjoy and learn then consider going for the r1, but go to the dealers and try the demos they offer.

I have lost many mates on bikes and would try to pass on the knowledge i have and experiance from the crashes i have suffered. If you get this months fast bike mag your see my smashed up baby in there on the cracking one off.

All the best and sorry to sound like your mother.

Gareth
Old 30-06-2007, 03:01 PM
16vzetec
Advanced PassionFord User

imo a road legal low milage r1 is worth £2000+ all day long.
i was offered £1500 for mine other day and its a tatty track bike.
as long as the bike is good mechanically then its worth £2k +
they are too fast for the road if you ride bikes fast!
a 400 is all you need on the road if you know how to ride properly
mine;