General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Bernard Manning has died aged 76!

Search this Thread

Old 19-06-2007, 07:41 AM
Phil79
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the guy was an absolute LEGEND and I am very sorry to see he has passed on.

As has been said in the past, Bernard was Marmite........... either love him or hate him. However, it wasn't just his humour he was famous for, he did lots of charity work and brought money to the local area he was from which, to be honest, fucking needed it

An absolute star in my opinion, a very sad loss.

For all those people hating on the thread about him being a racist, lighten up, undo your belt buckle a little........... it was a fucking joke and he made millions laugh. Fucks sake, I even remember watching it when he BLATENTLY ripped the piss out of 2 indians in the audiance at the embassy club.

They went there knowing he would take the piss and they laughed their head off while he did it.

That isn't racist............ it's comedy.

Pull your heads out of your arses and respect the dead
Old 19-06-2007, 08:06 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it quite strange that he was considered a racist JUST from his jokes, yet when you see the likes of Richard Prior (RIP) and Chris Rock making the same kind of jokes it is considered absolutely HILARIOUS.

Funny how people get upset when a fat white man has the same piss-take humour as a skinny black-man. Chris Rock has me (and more importantly his audience) in stitches with his "racist" comedy routine, you should listen to him and by the sounds of it then imagine what would be said if he appeared at a venue made up like a white man . Humour is humour and IMO, it should not matter what colour skin a joke comes from and the colour of your skin should not make you instantly racist if it differs from the "victim" in the joke.

Unfortunately the world has gone PC mad and people take themselves and more strangely, their opinions too importantly .
Old 19-06-2007, 08:12 AM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Mike Rainbird
At last a common sense view. He was funny, and people seem to talk to much to heart, when a hell of a lot worst was being said by other people. IMO there are some "racists" comedians out there who as Mike said are percived funny due to there background

Back to the old thing one rule for one........
Old 19-06-2007, 09:12 AM
Dannn
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird
I think it quite strange that he was considered a racist JUST from his jokes, yet when you see the likes of Richard Prior (RIP) and Chris Rock making the same kind of jokes it is considered absolutely HILARIOUS.

Funny how people get upset when a fat white man has the same piss-take humour as a skinny black-man. Chris Rock has me (and more importantly his audience) in stitches with his "racist" comedy routine, you should listen to him and by the sounds of it then imagine what would be said if he appeared at a venue made up like a white man . Humour is humour and IMO, it should not matter what colour skin a joke comes from and the colour of your skin should not make you instantly racist if it differs from the "victim" in the joke.

Unfortunately the world has gone PC mad and people take themselves and more strangely, their opinions too importantly .
Mike,

Did you watch this program with him in it:

http://www.channel4.com/culture/micr...ments/0603_bbd .html

He was not considered racist just from his jokes....

Cheers,

Dan
Old 19-06-2007, 09:26 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes I did watch it (and the one about Roy "Chubby" Brown as well). However, TV programs about individuals always seem biased by the producer's own thoughts and seem designed to instill either hatred or love for the person concerned (depending on their own views of this person). I always try to watch things as objectively as such biasness allows you to, and although some of his comments sailed close to the wind, I think that he was genuinely just trying to be funny and today's PC brigade just want another victim / band-wagon to jump on.
Old 19-06-2007, 09:38 AM
neilm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ginge !
aint bothered to waste part of my life reading the thread but the guy is a racist fucking cock who pretended he was just making a joke of it

hes ending like of " good night,, keep all your mates white",,, theres NO joke there

hes a prick end of story who told old jokes made by someone else and made the ignorant uneducated people laugh at them and also the racist cunts who also MENT what he said but hid behind the " its just a tounge in cheek joke

fucking discrace we actually allowed him to still play live in this day and age,,,, he may aswell have worn a white pointy hat

guys a cock,, thank fuck hes dead,,,, the only way that racism will be reduced is if the old school gutless fat underground racists all left the planet

cant belive people found him funny,,,, well the funny thing i find now is who the fuck are the paul bearers gonna be to pick up the dead fat cunt,,, might be a idea to cunt the cunt in 2 and then carry the prick

than fuck hes dead !

At least he can die safe in the knowledge that through out his whole life he was NEVER ginger !
Old 19-06-2007, 09:42 AM
neilm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by POPEYE
thank fuck i dont live in that country anymore
Lucky you.... you can be openly racist and even threaten to sink a ship full of immigrants if they got too close....

Australia... your names not down.. you're not coming in !!
Old 19-06-2007, 11:38 AM
Gary F
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep, good for some
Old 19-06-2007, 12:17 PM
Moonstone Kev
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Legend R.I.P
Old 19-06-2007, 02:00 PM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

yeah like australians are the most liberal and open minded people goin
Old 19-06-2007, 02:08 PM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Matt J
Originally Posted by aduz
yeah like australians are the most liberal and open minded people goin
I think pops meant from a PC point of view, IE, thank fuck I dont have to put up with all the PC shit in that counrty anymore.

I'll duely accept a if wrong though
if thats right mate ill give myself a load of these
Old 19-06-2007, 04:46 PM
Deleted by Request
Former Sponsor

Bernard was once asked if he was rascist...his reply was no i will take the piss out of anyone

...people dont realise all the good he did for charity...he NEVER broadcast that like the rest of em..he was doin it for the right reasons ...He also paid to get an oap out of jail for poll tax evasion cause he was poor....yeah nasty fucker wernt he?

Now is this not funny?

Black people,they actually think they're English because they're born here.If so does that mean if a dog's born in a stable, it's a horse?

Its a joke!
Old 19-06-2007, 04:48 PM
Nick.
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Black people,they actually think they're English because they're born here.If so does that mean if a dog's born in a stable, it's a horse?

I watched him on youtube do that one the other day.. Couldn't stop laughing..
Old 19-06-2007, 07:09 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhys
Mike Rainbird
At last a common sense view. He was funny, and people seem to talk to much to heart, when a hell of a lot worst was being said by other people. IMO there are some "racists" comedians out there who as Mike said are percived funny due to there background

Back to the old thing one rule for one........
Rhys. Youve seen the stuff i posted before and how much i am anti political correctness with regards to racist naming etc.....so for me to think BM was racist beyond comedy isnt me taking it to heart...

But we all got diff opinions
Old 19-06-2007, 07:12 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

That was funny yes Phil,,,to me thats not racist its just taking the piss....

Ive seen him live FYI too before you go off on one saying i dont know his act etc etc
Old 19-06-2007, 07:17 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

mate theres FEW things in life i hate,, but i hate racisim for no reason

ok hate a black person whos a theif,,, hate a white or chinesse person whos a theif also

dont hate a black person whos a socail worker,,, a asian person whos a fucking DOCTOR and prob tried to save that fat cunts life ( or maybe helped put him out of his misery,,,, well never know but that thought will help me sleep tonight )

none of this is cause ive got aload of mates who are not white,,,, im a TRUE english person,,, i celebrate st georges day,,,, i am one of the REAL ones who also wear a ROSE that day !!!

im not a wanna be wigger

but i base people on WHO they are and not what they are,,,, he didnt so fuck him
Old 19-06-2007, 10:17 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

it was NOT hes jokes that was racist

hes ending line of ' good night, keep you mates white" wheres the joke in that one

of all the GOOD work hes done,,, show me a black, asian, spanish person hes looked after

he was a PROUD english person,, ill give him that but he was also racist and that was WRONG,

everyone has predudice as i have said,,, he has NO reason to be racist to everyone

he was brought up in a time when racism was allowed,,, whem i was in school i hated gay people,,,, no real reason why but cause i was brought up that there "wrong" people who try to rape men ect

now one of my closest mates is a shirt lifter and i dont give a fuck what sexual preference is as i judge people on who they are

he was one who belived that england should be a all white country and we are a greater power blah blah blah

sorry but thats the reason why i hate him,, not for hes fucking jokes

theres alot of black stars who i also hate for the same reason and i hate the black music channel, mobo awards and other things that are aimed at a black market only,,,, they are also racist too,,, but there allowed which is ALSO wrong

nottinghill carnival was originally a carnival aimed at white people to understand other comunitys,,,,, thats a GOOD thing and it works,,, but some ignorant racist black people think its a black only thing and that white people should not be there,,,, also people who i dont like

look at people for WHO they are and then judge them,, the colour of there skin is just like mike rainbird not liking me cause i grew up on a council estate
Old 20-06-2007, 12:05 AM
POPEYE
FAIRY CAKE

Originally Posted by neilm
Lucky you.... you can be openly racist and even threaten to sink a ship full of immigrants if they got too close....

and whats wrong with that neil, i dont agree with the openly racist bit and believe me i personally think the aussie are one of the most racist breeds about. but as far as im concerned i came over to another country so try to live the way they do, so i think when openly say if you dont want to live by aussie rules and ways of life then fuck off . cant see whats wrong with tha myself

hows you jimmy anyway, not spoken in so long
Old 20-06-2007, 12:08 AM
POPEYE
FAIRY CAKE

Originally Posted by Ginge !
look at people for WHO they are and then judge them,, the colour of there skin is just like mike rainbird not liking me cause i grew up on a council estate
thats nothing to do with it AL, its to do with you being a ranga
Old 20-06-2007, 07:09 AM
Hooligan
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Ginge, for fuck's sake get a sense of humour

You type such drivel'at times (very elaborate drivel I'll grant you that but drivel none the less)

I'm always amazed at your in depth vieuws on drugs, barfights, rascism and so on

Anyway, regardless of the fact that Manning might have been or might not have been a rascist: WHO CARES?

If someone decides not to like blacks for instance so fucking what?
Their choice and who's to say what's right and what's wrong?
As far as I know we all have the right to a free opinion and free expression and the same rights actually apply to someone that has a different opinion to yours....now that concept might be a hard one to grasp for some people but to state that someone is a cunt and deserves to be dead (or words to that effect) because he didn't like black people makes you atleast if not more of an arse than them.

Thank you and goodnight and Ginge: keep your mates white!
Old 21-06-2007, 06:37 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by neilm

and whats wrong with that neil, i dont agree with the openly racist bit and believe me i personally think the aussie are one of the most racist breeds about. but as far as im concerned i came over to another country so try to live the way they do, so i think when openly say if you dont want to live by aussie rules and ways of life then fuck off . cant see whats wrong with tha myself

hows you jimmy anyway, not spoken in so long
agreed pops.....