General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

A few holiday pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 07:08 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few holiday pics

I know a few people want to see them, so if your not one don’t moan about it being non car

First of best apologies for quality im no David Bailey or Phil from here so they are not the best, and i hate carrying a camera around with me on holiday. But here some of them anyway:

Firstly with Start with Hong Kong as was first port of call! From leaving my house to arriving in HK airport it toke 24hrs! we arrive in hotel at 11pm so basically done naff all that night. Though after that was refreshed and ready to hit HK. Wow what a place though, so cool everything was so clean. Was very impressed, and of course everyone was polite. Although English is one of the official languages lot of the taxi drivers struggle etc as since 1997 a LOT of mainland Chinese has moved into HK now.

The place is very good though lots to do and see, and the nightlife is a little crazy. Was strange first going into a bar being half way around the world and hearing come on Eileen Big British influence in bar/club scene etc. Anyway here are pics feel free to ask any questions:

We stayed at the BP international and budget ish hotel but actually quite nice and i would call it that much of budget place. We was one th top but one floor which was a bonus, however we where on the "un desirable" side for a view. But i still thought it was kind’a cool, pics from out side room window:

The first day there we decided to hit Victoria peak a must for any tourist and was a really cool experience and to say you have been there done that moment. Worth going for the tram ride alone almost vertical in some places!!!!!

Had a meal at the top of the peak, how cool is it being able to look over downtown HK with a pint

And heres the Tram line:

Next day or two didn’t take camera. Went clubbing etc which was mad! have some storeys but to long to say here.

One of the days thought better do some culture so of to see MR Budda:

This is on top of some proper nice mountain terrain and toke a while to get up there.

Heres also the Monks Monastery which i did go in later.

After that went on this cable car, was awesome so dramatic going over the mountain etc. I will let the pics do the talking, also see HK airport

Then another day some more pics:

Anyone recognise this building?

HK by evening:

Shame my night photos didn’t come out to well gutted, but my mate got some so hopefully his come out better!

Here is a brief vid of the light show, trust me my vid does not do it any justice! Was really good, and take my hat of to them on coordinating that.

Brief pic of HK traffic lol:

Right then it was off to Dubai.

VERY hot place, though its not to bad atm being 45C but most importantly the humidity is low, unlike HK which was high 80's to early 90's

Construction is going on every where in Dubai:

THis will soon be the tallest building in the world! It just clicked over to the second tallest building in the world while i was over there:

Picture of down town Dubai from Hotel:

Another two from hotel room, so you get picture of area:

Here the Emirates towers! Good bar up here called Vu's Bar on the 51st floor to get a view of Dubai:

Bit of old stuff called the creek. These little commuter boats are call Aba's it was crazy seeing people jumping on and off without the boat stopping really and they where all bashing into one another

The Mall of the Emirates is massive and it has one slight difference to shopping centres of here. It has this within it:

Was -4C in there while it was 45C outside! lol Would be rude not to so i went in and had two snowboarding lessons. Which was fun but hard, though picked it up by the end.

In the night went to see this:

Impressive hotel! Have got a pic by day but wont bother putting that up..

One day went on the Desert Safari! This was a laugh though, start of a bit nervous as there was 6 passengers in the car with me and my mate, and 4 people from......... IRAN! thought oh fook pmsl. But they were ok, so me being polite asked where in Iran was he from, to which he replied Tehran!! haha Then he asked me what have I heard about the place, and what do I think? So being polite said I have only heard basic information nothing to much. Not that some people want it wiped of the map back home

The drive we had must have been new as he had serious trouble getting up this one dune only to get there after 6 attempts!! then went down another dude on to smack the front of the Landcruiser and bend all the bumper up!! haha was great laugh though.

Heres just quick few of the beach:

I should have toke more photos but was nightmare carrying camera around when having shorts on.

Smit make sure you go to Trilogy night club its awesome!!!!!! But the big nights out over there are Thursday and Friday not Saturday. Very good clubbing scene. Also Wild Wadi is good if little small. I would go just after lunch time and stay till evening as cool there when sun goes down.

As said with HK any questions ask mate. As done a lot more than got photos of
Old 12-06-2007, 07:13 PM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

Awesome pictures mate, thanks for sharing

Old 12-06-2007, 07:19 PM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

pmsl @ your hairy legs in the beach pic

some good pics there.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:24 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Nice one Rhys they are good pics...you should see mine if ya think theyre bad

Reminds me of singapore
Old 12-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Andreas
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Nice pics, HK looks amazing.

HK building is from MI3, right?
Old 12-06-2007, 09:14 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

lol @ legs, for some reason you not allowed to take photos on beach so had to sneak them in.

MI3 what do you mean Andreas? HK is awesome though expensive for beer! Ł6 a bottle in a bar!!
Old 12-06-2007, 09:50 PM
Cossie Helen
10K+ Poster!!

Cool Photos, i really want to go to Hong Kong
Old 12-06-2007, 10:03 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

fuckin ace photos mate
Old 12-06-2007, 10:06 PM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 12-06-2007, 10:30 PM
Andy_R
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good man Rhys fair play for taking the time to post the pics. An excellent write up
Old 12-06-2007, 11:03 PM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Rhys
lol @ legs, for some reason you not allowed to take photos on beach so had to sneak them in.

MI3 what do you mean Andreas? HK is awesome though expensive for beer! Ł6 a bottle in a bar!!
he means mission impossible ,but i thought it was 2
Old 13-06-2007, 08:36 AM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Ah right not sure! Would surprise me mind! In areas of HK the walk ways are above road level which are all inter connected and enter buildings one level up and there shops on that level to! Very cool, and futuristic. You can understand why though as space is at a premium.
Old 13-06-2007, 09:47 AM
Smit
The 60ft Launch King

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice one Rhys

Was there nay beachs near downtown Dubai?
Old 13-06-2007, 10:25 AM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Smit the beaches are kinda close, but you cant walk anywhere. You have to Taxi it everywhere! as it is spread out, in one way its good and other it sucks. As you have to know where you want to go. Will be better in few years time when underground is built!

Taxis are very cheap though! so dont worry about the cost, though they are like a roller coaster ride everytime you get in. There are some wicked bars in this hotel complex thats on the beach front. Cant remember the name now, will look in my book later. Think it was just called beach resort or something. Awesome place and deffinatley recommend going later afternoon/early evening. When bars open you will see all the people in their porkers/lambos and ferraris pulling up to go into the bars lol. One guy which i think was Russian and two minders with him pmsl.

For you though a MUST is Trilogy some AWESOME tunes in there. you will love it.

Oh the best beach is call the Beach Park (nice and simple lol) its 5 Dhirams to get in (7 Dhr to the pound) but there you have shaded areas, grass areas etc. so i would just go there than public beach.

Erm anything else want to know?
Old 13-06-2007, 10:33 AM
RobS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ah so thats why you didnt answer my txt last week

Looks awesome mate, glad you enjoyed it
Old 13-06-2007, 10:34 AM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by RobS
Ah so thats why you didnt answer my txt last week

Looks awesome mate, glad you enjoyed it

Yeah pmsl!

Will give you tinkle later to on new number
Old 13-06-2007, 10:42 AM
Smit
The 60ft Launch King

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhys
Erm anything else want to know?
Not at the minute Rhys.... Cheers
Old 13-06-2007, 10:43 AM
Phil
Jeebus

Nice to see the pics Rhys, thanks for posting
Old 13-06-2007, 10:53 AM
boXXer
GASH!

what a cool holiday!
Old 13-06-2007, 01:34 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Nps peeps. Got the proper post holiday blues now though Was nice to come home see everyone and refresh with cold shower. But i want to go back on holiday now!!! haha.

Smit another Tip when you go to Dubai, you cannot get cold water! To have a non boiling shower you dont switch on the water heater, but you put the hot water tap on, then adjust the heat by useing the "cold" water tap! lol the "cold" water is kept in a tank on the roof. So obviously its freaking hot lol. its mad over there, and done my head in not being able to cool down via shower etc. Just had to blast the AC all the time.
Old 13-06-2007, 09:45 PM
SS1
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

pics