General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Ford Focus Hatchback 2.0 TDCi Ghia 5d (2005 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007 | 06:51 PM
Orange
Virgin

Default Ford Focus Hatchback 2.0 TDCi Ghia 5d (2005 onwards)

Hi my dad hired a 1.8 Ford Focus 5d over xmas and it was a great handling car and pretty nippy. This time ford didnt have the 1.8 so we had to go with the turbo diesel 2litre version, just wanted to know what performance can we get out of it, like 0-60 and top speed and can it handle the roads well..
Old 12-06-2007 | 06:54 PM
James
PassionFord Post Whore!!

they're great cars.

dunno about performance but they're a lovely car to drive.
Old 12-06-2007 | 07:14 PM
BigMouthBillyBass
Advanced PassionFord User

I've got an 06 Zetec Climate 2.0TDCi - Went for the sports seats, suspension, interior over the grandad ghia mods (sunglasses case.....wtf) and i love it. 136bhp and bags of torque, stick to the road like glue as well.

Though the Ghia will have lumpier suspension that the Zetec/Zetec Climate

looks mint too

17" alloys are a worthy option too, as is the upgrade to the Sony head units

The 0-60 is nothing special to be honest, but if you floor it in 3rd, 4th or 5th gears you'll be well impressed. I do 25,000 miles a year in mine and most of that is motorway, it's a big comfy cruiser when you want it to be, but equally is great fun when you want to give it the beans
Old 12-06-2007 | 07:42 PM
Orange
Virgin

Thanks man for the reply. We gonna be doing a long trip from Farnborough (Hampshire to newcastle to visit my brother who is in Catterick which is close to Newcastle :P
Old 12-06-2007 | 07:56 PM
BigMouthBillyBass

If you're taking the A1 don't get too excited, as south of Sheffield down to around Stevenage is fucking littered with speed cameras

It's clear past Leeds up to N'castle though, so give it plenty of welly

Strangest thing about driving a TDCi... you can be doing 90-100mph on the motorway in 6th gear, and it'll only be pushing 2500rpm ! My wife's Puma (Zetec 1.7SE) would be easily pushing 5000rpm at those speeds
Old 13-06-2007 | 07:43 AM
Orange
Virgin

Damm, is there anyway around the A1 or is the A1 just the quickest route as we are on a tight schedule.

We have a sat nav which a friend let us borrow and he said it's got speed cameras on the nav so hopelly that can help us.

thanks for the info anyways good to see
Old 13-06-2007 | 09:26 AM
BigMouthBillyBass

Originally Posted by Orange
Damm, is there anyway around the A1 or is the A1 just the quickest route as we are on a tight schedule.

We have a sat nav which a friend let us borrow and he said it's got speed cameras on the nav so hopelly that can help us.

thanks for the info anyways good to see
I've got speed cams on mine, but the camera's are brand new and not on there yet. They are the driver facing cameras too

You can take the M1 all the way and it becomes the A1 just south of Wetherby, after Leeds (and all the cameras!)
Old 18-06-2007 | 07:40 AM
Orange
Virgin

Just came back from seeing my brother in Catterick and was great. We got 135MPH out of the car tho, Have to say for a diesel turbo it's pretty quick, We found the turbo really kicks in on 3rd gear even on 6th gear doing 80mph and you put your foot down it goes.. The A1 we thought wasn't as bad as many put it, we found 2 cameras, Alot of cameras that were suppose to be there were mobile
I'm gonna sound sexist here but i have to but women drivers are crap on motorways.. Take the M1, going home (south) and the mount of women drivers doing 75mph on the 3rd lane and wouldn't move over... we counted 10 women drivers lol 2 gave the finger only because there car couldn't speed off o yeah we got the Titanium version for some reason
Old 18-06-2007 | 05:30 PM
BigMouthBillyBass

Originally Posted by Orange
we got the Titanium version for some reason
I'm still at a loss as to why they put the badges at the bottom of the boot lid, rather than in the middle on Titaniums