General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Do you use your own car for work??? To$$ers!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 22-05-2007, 09:55 PM
silverfox999
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you use your own car for work??? To$$ers!!!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../nmotors19.xml

To$$ers!!!!
Old 22-05-2007, 10:00 PM
Jamz
Advanced PassionFord User

Doesn't bother me, if work want me to go anywhere they can get me a car or I'll go on the train. Not that I could use my own car anyway as it's not insured for business use
Old 22-05-2007, 10:05 PM
Terry Tibbs
PassionFord Post Troll

This is getting out of hand. When is this country going to stand up for itself and say enough is enough.

If it comes into play I'm just going to drive around all fucking day and night slowly whilst poisoning the earth with my smokey old peugeot whilst delivering dead cats namely called chinese take away.

Fuckers.
Old 22-05-2007, 10:07 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that'll never happen.

They cant go from giving you a tax relief to taxing you.
Old 22-05-2007, 10:30 PM
garyrs
PassionFord Regular

Old 22-05-2007, 11:12 PM
silverfox999

Originally Posted by Shings
that'll never happen.

They cant go from giving you a tax relief to taxing you.
Let me introduce to Brown, Gordon Brown...he is pretty good at this kind of thing.

btw he will be running our country soon, in about 7days time - not sure who asked him to???? But don't worry, there will be more like this to follow im sure!!!
Old 22-05-2007, 11:36 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mate its to stop the business people buying cars for work that are not needed as such or to stop people using the " buy your own car" tax loop hole

at present the companys can issue a travel allowence that is tax free rather than a company car

they give there staff 500 quid YOU rent the car rather than the company

thats what its stoping,,, btw why do vicars need cars to visit there parrish,,,, theres fucking busses and they scam the tax system all the time anyway not to mention rob people of there money with false claims of god

the media is stiring up a shit storm

people who sell franking machines and photocopiers dont NEED a audi or bmw to get about

the business man has too many perks already and the poor people like us get fuck all,,, and so the rich poor divide gets bigger and the POOR complain to help the rich get richer

just like landrovers are 5 quid a week company car tax due to being a commercial vehicle and also you can claim the vat back on them for business use

this is one tax i agree with,, my old boss has a ranger pickup so he pays fuck all company car tax,,, same as the accountant,,,,, whats he need a 4x4 for,,,, all hes gotta carry is a fucking calculator,,,, he needs a KA,,, hell he could have a moped

i can see estate agents are gonna be pissed now,,,,,, the ones who started the scam of company cars,,,,, fucking M3's to drive clients round
Old 23-05-2007, 12:25 AM
JjCoDeX75
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Gotta say Ginge, you are talking out of your derriere! It has absolutley fook all to do with your over-paid boss and his so called tax scam.

There are real (normal) people affected by this, and any car with a CO emission of 185g will be stung.

I have to do 35k a year due to the nature of my business, and I dont fall into any of these categories you have so succinctly pointed out.

Costs me a fortune to do my job, and no matter how many taxes they add, the mileage will stay same, it will simply mean that my costs will go up, and therefore so will my clients costs.

It is a tax that heavily biasses against those of us that have to use our cars to work. There is absolutely no way I could use public transport and do my job where I live, covering the patch I cover.

If you read the article, you will see that those that just have the cars as a "tax dodge" will not be particularly affected, as it will only really affect high milers such as me, and other people that simply need the car for our job.

JJ
Old 23-05-2007, 12:28 AM
Tomassi
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Sounds a ridiculous idea if you ask me, can't see it ever coming in to force.
Old 23-05-2007, 12:43 AM
4x4

Originally Posted by JjCoDeX75
Gotta say Ginge, you are talking out of your derriere! It has absolutley fook all to do with your over-paid boss and his so called tax scam.

There are real (normal) people affected by this, and any car with a CO emission of 185g will be stung.

I have to do 35k a year due to the nature of my business, and I dont fall into any of these categories you have so succinctly pointed out.

Costs me a fortune to do my job, and no matter how many taxes they add, the mileage will stay same, it will simply mean that my costs will go up, and therefore so will my clients costs.

It is a tax that heavily biasses against those of us that have to use our cars to work. There is absolutely no way I could use public transport and do my job where I live, covering the patch I cover.

If you read the article, you will see that those that just have the cars as a "tax dodge" will not be particularly affected, as it will only really affect high milers such as me, and other people that simply need the car for our job.

JJ
this country is destroying all sorts of businesses it will effect peoples lively hood. When is the government going to listen to its people?

seems like the best thing to be in this country is an asylum seeker on benifits , they dont get fucked all day like hard working tax payers.... we get scammed by the government all day long, then they complain when people scam back.... MONKEY SEE MONKEY DO
Old 23-05-2007, 12:52 AM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

We(council employees) only get 40p a mile for using our own cars for council work. We are trying to get it raised and this is almost certainly blackmail tactics to get it stopped.
Old 23-05-2007, 06:07 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

we get 35p/mile if we use our own cars, but we all have vans to use so it's not really ever a problem

the pain in the arse is that you now pay Ł3k a year tax on a van, which is what ginge was on about when peole buy rangers and stuff and claim them as company cars
Old 23-05-2007, 06:13 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's to buy gordy more burgers!!
tabetha
Old 23-05-2007, 07:40 AM
silverfox999

Originally Posted by Ginge !
mate its to stop the business people buying cars for work that are not needed as such or to stop people using the " buy your own car" tax loop hole

at present the companys can issue a travel allowence that is tax free rather than a company car

thats what its stoping,,, btw why do vicars need cars to visit there parrish,,,, theres fucking busses and they scam the tax system all the time anyway not to mention rob people of there money with false claims of god

people who sell franking machines and photocopiers dont NEED a audi or bmw to get about

the business man has too many perks already and the poor people like us get fuck all,,, and so the rich poor divide gets bigger and the POOR complain to help the rich get richer

just like landrovers are 5 quid a week company car tax due to being a commercial vehicle and also you can claim the vat back on them for business use

this is one tax i agree with,, my old boss has a ranger pickup so he pays fuck all company car tax,,, same as the accountant,,,,, whats he need a 4x4 for,,,, all hes gotta carry is a fucking calculator,,,, he needs a KA,,, hell he could have a moped

i can see estate agents are gonna be pissed now,,,,,, the ones who started the scam of company cars,,,,, fucking M3's to drive clients round
Litter ginge...

This is another back door stealth tax. The company car 'opt out' choice was a tax dodge to be fair. Company cars historically were given as perks and this is where the misconception has always come from.

This extra tax will hit all essential cars users. Not your cushy boss who is paying his accountant well, as he has obviously been given good counsel and gone down the crew cab route. Btw, this tax dodge has gone the way of the dodo as well; all crew cab and van drivers, welcome to my world where Gordon gets his KY out on a daily basis!

When i had a company car i was paying about 2k net for the car and about 1.5k benefit in kind for the fuel card. This was all out of my wages - you tell me where that is cushy sat in my company car. There is sod all way i can do my job without a company car (or 'opt out' company car in my case)

Its almost equivalent to the flipping window tax - or taxing a technicians tool box. If you have a 3/8ths ratchet thats a fiver, got a snap on philips, thats another fiver...pah!
Old 23-05-2007, 07:51 AM
dojj

Originally Posted by silverfox999

Litter ginge...

This is another back door stealth tax. The company car 'opt out' choice was a tax dodge to be fair. Company cars historically were given as perks and this is where the misconception has always come from.

This extra tax will hit all essential cars users. Not your cushy boss who is paying his accountant well, as he has obviously been given good counsel and gone down the crew cab route. Btw, this tax dodge has gone the way of the dodo as well; all crew cab and van drivers, welcome to my world where Gordon gets his KY out on a daily basis!

When i had a company car i was paying about 2k net for the car and about 1.5k benefit in kind for the fuel card. This was all out of my wages - you tell me where that is cushy sat in my company car. There is sod all way i can do my job without a company car (or 'opt out' company car in my case)

Its almost equivalent to the flipping window tax - or taxing a technicians tool box. If you have a 3/8ths ratchet thats a fiver, got a snap on philips, thats another fiver...pah!
there was actually a daylight tax, based on the amount of windows your house had and the amount of light that cuold enter

they soon scrapped it as the house of commons and all them ladry arse ministers were the ones who were paying themost of it

but the van/crew cab thing is history as of this financial year as it's gone from Ł500 to Ł3000 a year on the tax bill

there is a way around it but only as a company van driver could you get away with it, if youwere a boss etc you'd never be able to say you were making a delivery to cover your miles, thats why i have to do the mileage forms every day and we have a computer system which flags up erroneous mileage data and prints out bollockings for the drivers

get your company to get you a car, get the one lowest on the scale, sorted
Old 23-05-2007, 05:03 PM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

great LOL

I do around 8k miles per year for work - infact i've done over 300 today for work.

I've said it once and i'll say it again.

Whoever voted for Labour - I hope you're proud!!!
Old 23-05-2007, 05:27 PM
St3V3_C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Look, in this great British culture of people who will normally do the square root of fuck all extra for their company, using your own car has been a perk.

It's not going to carry on unless you split it with the government, who are putting at least a part of it back into schools, NHS etc.

If you don't like it, get a company car like you should, or a local job.

No big deal.

I was quite pleased to get 27p/mile for a trip I did recently - never mind the 40p that's being talked about

And any Gov't would have done it - it doesn't matter who's there
Old 23-05-2007, 06:01 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

its cause people exploit these systems that the government have to crack down on it

its the people who have the 5 series bmw selling photocopiers

come on then lets list the cars you own for work,,, the ones that was bought out of tax free breaks as a opt of of company cars

if you bought car bigger than a ka and its just you in the car,,,, WHY ? its a company car thats for work only isnt it ?

sorry but you buy a car as a company car tax dodge and you get a flashy focus rs or a evo to drive about in,,,, why do you feel you need that car for the job

is it not better you have a smaller emmison car for work,,,,, considering you are given a tax break for it then it means they can control what car you buy yourself with THERE money

sorry but too many self employed and fat cat scams about and it DOES piss me off as i get FUCK ALL benifits for all the tax money i pay in,,,, and before anyone says how much tax they pay they EARN more cash than me anyway so what fucking difference is that make

company cars as perks,,,,, there the people who started the problems and the people who reworked them to suit them selves,,, its not the government but its the people who cause the issues

its the people who NEED there cars for work and get the basic work cars for that job that are gonna be screwed,,, not the 35k a year to travel with a brief case

as for the excuse of " i cant get about with no car".... sorry but LOTS of people manage to get by with no cars,,,, when you have kids how will they get about,,,, people travel from birmingham to london each morning for work

you have to addapt,, if everyone in you area uses a car then how do you expect to improve public transport,,,, cause no fucker is using it

now im not saying its a great move,,, but i am saying theres alot of people who are just gonna be pissed as they will ahve to buy a shitter car or pay out of there own pocket for the luxury of a nice car,,, tbh i aint got a issue with that and i cant see why others would

if i could pay less council tax by putting my rubbish out once a week or pay the same if i get the 3 times a week i get or pay more to get it every day collected then i aint got a issue,,, ive been given the choice and i choose

remember that people class travel allowance as there wages,, THEY AINT remember that..... just like overtime and bonuses aint so dont take a job on thinking of that as its taking a risk
Old 23-05-2007, 06:18 PM
dojj

you forgot to add <rant over>

but i do see your point
why should you have to get a bigger car for doing nothing extra?
our copany starts off with corolla, then you get offered a golf upto 1.9tdi
the next level is the 2.0 tdi spec
then it goes to x type
then it goes to e type
but the owner of the compnay, the head honcho, the top enchelada, he buys a brand new mini every year for LESS than he would if he got a compnay car , but he does earn millinos he could get himself a chuaffer
Old 23-05-2007, 06:18 PM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i do alsorts for my company!!

i dont have to go out onsite and do installs, getting up at silly oclock to drive all over the country, in between doing my normal job and other tasks i do to make everyone elses life easier

If my work pays me 40p per mile for for using my car (as it doesnt warrant me getting a company car) then why shouldnt i get it? i had to buy a new car recently cos of the miles i do knackered my last one.
Old 23-05-2007, 06:20 PM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by dojj
you forgot to add <rant over>

but i do see your point
why should you have to get a bigger car for doing nothing extra?
our copany starts off with corolla, then you get offered a golf upto 1.9tdi
the next level is the 2.0 tdi spec
then it goes to x type
then it goes to e type
but the owner of the compnay, the head honcho, the top enchelada, he buys a brand new mini every year for LESS than he would if he got a compnay car , but he does earn millinos he could get himself a chuaffer
you can get E types?? blimey, posh company, but would you really want a 40 odd year old car as a company car.. no air con
Old 23-05-2007, 06:21 PM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ginge, you do waffle on some times

FYI, I own a P Reg Ford Mondeo estate, bought with my own cash, Work gave me fuck all towards it.
Old 23-05-2007, 06:27 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by SapphyMike
i do alsorts for my company!!

i dont have to go out onsite and do installs, getting up at silly oclock to drive all over the country, in between doing my normal job and other tasks i do to make everyone elses life easier

If my work pays me 40p per mile for for using my car (as it doesnt warrant me getting a company car) then why shouldnt i get it? i had to buy a new car recently cos of the miles i do knackered my last one.
you get 40p a mile,,,, now the car you bought for the job is ?

what reason can you not get a ka for the same job and save money on emmisions ?

its strange that you dont see van drivers moaning when they get a work van with no aircon,,,, and they are in it for ALL of there fucking job not just as a flashy motor to drive to clients with

i think any things such as aircon and leather should also be taxed

the cars should be base models with the lowest spec engines,

if you do 10k miles or more a year then you should have a COMPANY CAR as your job requires one

this was only ment to be a way of looking after the ocasional users of there own cars and not to tax dodge company car tax

van drivers cant take there vans home these days due to the company car tax rules where people was getting them as a perk

he government are just doing a good thing

man for a church,,, ffs there they don NEED a fucking car to get about,,, they ment to be modest people,,, CATCH A FUCKING BUS,,,, jesus never had fucking public transport let alone fucking cars and he managed to get his word about
Old 23-05-2007, 06:35 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by 4x4
this country is destroying all sorts of businesses it will effect peoples lively hood. When is the government going to listen to its people?
Bit like saying when will this country's people actually DO anything as opposed to just SAY it!

We all bitch and moan about this type of shit yet NO-ONE actually does anything about it!

Everybody says "fucking government are shit, stich us up, rah rah rah" - then we go and vote em back in again!

That said, don't matter which government you have, you're still gonna get fucked - in one way or another.

And motorists will ALWAYS be an easy target - look at the standard car tax - they just keep upping it and upping it and upping it, but you don't see anything for it. Then they introduce toll roads and pay as you go schemes....

WTF? I THOUGHT THATS WHAT ROAD TAX WAS FOR!!!! TO PAY FOR USING THE FUCKING ROADS!!!!

Then they stich up the people that have company vans. Thanks Mr Revenue and Customs person - now my personal tax allowance has gone from Ł5225 per annum tax free to just Ł1385 per annum tax free! Yay, every week I get a whole Ł33 of tax free earnings! Yay!

Now they wanna stitch up everyone else who uses a car for work....

Do you think Gordon Brown, Tony Blair, or any other party official/government tosser pays this tax for THEIR cars? Hmmm, I doubt it very much....

Look at the pension stitch up - Bet Mr Brown has a tidy comfortable pension set up for himself tho, courtesy of the state of course
Old 23-05-2007, 06:36 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by SapphyMike
Ginge, you do waffle on some times

FYI, I own a P Reg Ford Mondeo estate, bought with my own cash, Work gave me fuck all towards it.
mate if your job requires you to have a car then you get a company car, its driven back to the place of work in the evening and you drive your own car home

WHY AM I THE ONLY FUCKER WHO SEEMS TO UNDERSTAND

if you need to drive 1 day a week, your work provide the car,, they pay the tax rather than pass the buck to save them cash and get the governement to fund your car

its HONEST tax ffs

you got a fucking estate which means you need a van too,,, we have 20 vans at work,,, we dont get the drivers to deliver parts in there fucking cars

we OWN the vans as without them the drivers cant deliver,,, is it just me who dont understand what the 40p per mile is for

before labour was in government there was sweet shop owners using e class mercs as company cars and not paying a petrol in fuel due to claiming it all back in tax

tthe farmers are the other ones we need to target and stop funding them with tax money,, close the fucking farms and turn them into housing areas rather tha GIVE the farmers money for the landrovers to drive over there land and sell animals at a "loss"

the working class dont get breaks but the richer people do and then complain when its removed

work 60 hours a week for minumum wage in a fucking factory to pay rent and just about live then talk about how hard life is

btw i work in a office and own my own flat,,, but i NEVER forget where i could be in life if it wasnt for luck
Old 23-05-2007, 06:40 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

its strange that you dont see van drivers moaning when they get a work van with no aircon,,,, and they are in it for ALL of there fucking job not just as a flashy motor to drive to clients with
Dunno what van drivers you talk to then, but every single one I know, myself included, are always bitching about lack of air con!

Our office has aircon so the people in it, who are sheltered from the blistering sun, who don't do any physically demanding or sweat inducing work, have aircon.

Us van drivers, a lot of which do physically demading and/or sweat inducing work, don't have aircon. WTF is that all about? I'm out all day, in the beating sun, fitting glass (physically demanding most times) working on hot cars, sitting in traffic jams surrounded by cars vans and lorry's (and worst of all, London buses) that honk out steaming hot and poisonous toxic fumes, and I don't get aircon?!?! It's get's to 40+ deg in my van, and ambient temp (in this sort of weather) on the road in traffic jams is that or above!

I don't. Why should they be? See my points above about aircon - and why should you get taxed if you have a leather interior? What reasoning behind that?
Old 23-05-2007, 06:40 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by Thrush
Originally Posted by 4x4
Bit like saying when will this country's people actually DO anything as opposed to just SAY it!

We all bitch and moan about this type of shit yet NO-ONE actually does anything about it!

Everybody says "fucking government are shit, stich us up, rah rah rah" - then we go and vote em back in again!

That said, don't matter which government you have, you're still gonna get fucked - in one way or another.

And motorists will ALWAYS be an easy target - look at the standard car tax - they just keep upping it and upping it and upping it, but you don't see anything for it. Then they introduce toll roads and pay as you go schemes....

WTF? I THOUGHT THATS WHAT ROAD TAX WAS FOR!!!! TO PAY FOR USING THE FUCKING ROADS!!!!

Then they stich up the people that have company vans. Thanks Mr Revenue and Customs person - now my personal tax allowance has gone from Ł5225 per annum tax free to just Ł1385 per annum tax free! Yay, every week I get a whole Ł33 of tax free earnings! Yay!

Now they wanna stitch up everyone else who uses a car for work....

Do you think Gordon Brown, Tony Blair, or any other party official/government tosser pays this tax for THEIR cars? Hmmm, I doubt it very much....

Look at the pension stitch up - Bet Mr Brown has a tidy comfortable pension set up for himself tho, courtesy of the state of course

thrush leave your van at work and you will get the same tax break, you choose to keep the van at home and use it for personal use so you pay for it

why is it THERE fault,,, you could buy a car or get a bus to work like everyone else,, but you KNOW its cheeper to pay the tax allowance and have a van outside your home

its not a scam,, income tax/council tax/vat/ is a scam cause you HAVE to have it,, your cant opt out and find another alternative

maybe im the only one whos learned to no rely on other things for my wages and actually got a job that pays enough to let me live a comfortable life and pay for anything i want when i get paid
Old 23-05-2007, 06:45 PM
BigMouthBillyBass

Ł3000 a year to run a company van? used to be Ł500?

Thats only the amount that your tax free threshold changes by. So you get taxed on the extra Ł3000/Ł500, you dont pay that amount.

My van (before i got a car) used to cost me Ł10/15 a month in extra PAYE which was about right
Old 23-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Ginge - thats not really got a lot to do with it tho. I know WHY they are doing it, and yes it's still cheaper for me to NOT have a car and use the work van, even with the new tax scam, but it's WHY they are doing it that fucks me off.

It's not to make things fairer or anything - it's purely to make MORE money. Simple as. It's not "because people using their works vans for private use are avoiding paying tax on fuel or road tax" - raod tax is still paid by the company, and fuel is still paid for also. If I used my own car INSTEAD of the van, the same ammount of fuel would be used - just in two different vehicles instead of one. So the same ammount of fuel tax will have been paid.

What it's about is less people have cars (and use their work van) so there's less road tax being bought. Still a disc in every van, but not a disc in every van PLUS one in the van drivers personal car.

So they tax scam is to MAKE MORE MONEY. Simple.
Old 23-05-2007, 06:46 PM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4x4

Hit. Nail. Head.

I think it's a great idea, as it doesn't affect me.
Old 23-05-2007, 06:47 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Dunno what van drivers you talk to then, but every single one I know, myself included, are always bitching about lack of air con!

Our office has aircon so the people in it, who are sheltered from the blistering sun, who don't do any physically demanding or sweat inducing work, have aircon.

Us van drivers, a lot of which do physically demading and/or sweat inducing work, don't have aircon. WTF is that all about? I'm out all day, in the beating sun, fitting glass (physically demanding most times) working on hot cars, sitting in traffic jams surrounded by cars vans and lorry's (and worst of all, London buses) that honk out steaming hot and poisonous toxic fumes, and I don't get aircon?!?! It's get's to 40+ deg in my van, and ambient temp (in this sort of weather) on the road in traffic jams is that or above!

I don't. Why should they be? See my points above about aircon - and why should you get taxed if you have a leather interior? What reasoning behind that?
thrush you missed the point you gimp

why should a person who uses there car to comute to places require a with leather trim and aircon when a person whos office is a van and NEEDS aircon if anyone and they dont get it

moan about it all you like,, you dont get it as its a LUXURY,,, for that reason company cars shouldnt have leather heated seats and aircon if they are used for business use

just like biscuits dont have vat applied to them as there food but if they got chocolate on them they theres vat charged on them as its now a luxury rather than food

think about what im saying ffs

people claiming 40p a mile for a car they buy for work just so the government PAY for there cars taht they buy based on there high milage at 40p a mile to allow them to buy a car,, IT MEANS THEY NEED A COMPANY CAR THAT THE COMPANY SUPPLY JUST LIKE THEY DO UNIFORM, STATIONARY AND TOILET FACILITIES

its a tax scam hole being filled and people are getting the hump over it cause they will have to actuall BUY there cars and use company cars and drive home from work in there own cars like nurses and teachers do every fucking day

the fire brigade dont seem to have a problem driving there cars to work and using the engines for work use only
Old 23-05-2007, 06:50 PM
BigMouthBillyBass

options are taxed as they contribute to the P11D value of the car
Old 23-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Ginge - company cars for reps and the like don't REQUIRE leather and air con tho do they? There are luxury options as you say, and the people who buy or lease the cars PAY extra for that luxury. I can have aircon if I want, but I have to stump Ł500 for it - which I can't afford!

So Mr Big who gets a job as a company rep and drives about all day in his flash merc ferring clients etc about can have air con cos the company PAID for it when they specc'd the car!

My boss's car doesn't have air con or leather, cos she has a car allowance, and chose to get a nicer car with less toys than a not as nice car with loads of toys...
Old 23-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Oh and they won't have to drive to and from work in their own cars - travelling to and from work is classed as business use (at least it is with company vans, not sure about company cars but I think my boss said it is the same for her) and isn't subject to the new tax scam. It's only travelling outside of work related journeys that means you have to opt in to the new scheme.....
Old 23-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Ginge - thats not really got a lot to do with it tho. I know WHY they are doing it, and yes it's still cheaper for me to NOT have a car and use the work van, even with the new tax scam, but it's WHY they are doing it that fucks me off.

It's not to make things fairer or anything - it's purely to make MORE money. Simple as. It's not "because people using their works vans for private use are avoiding paying tax on fuel or road tax" - raod tax is still paid by the company, and fuel is still paid for also. If I used my own car INSTEAD of the van, the same ammount of fuel would be used - just in two different vehicles instead of one. So the same ammount of fuel tax will have been paid.

What it's about is less people have cars (and use their work van) so there's less road tax being bought. Still a disc in every van, but not a disc in every van PLUS one in the van drivers personal car.

So they tax scam is to MAKE MORE MONEY. Simple.
you really dont belive what you are saying do you

you realise why you have to hand in diesel receipts when you fill up dont you

its cause the companys claim it back as a tax expence as its a cost to the business and they pay tax on profits after running costs of the buisiness, same with tax discs and the actual vans

all that money is claimed back aslong as itsa genuine expence,, if you use the van at home the tax payer pays your fuel bill not the company as thay write that off in tax

just like there building hence why people who own corner shops have a entrance that dont gain access through the shop as its a total expence rather than a partial expence based on the residental quarters above

by you using the van in your time its being paied for by me,, just like other benifit fraud as i am a tax payer and i pay to help fund the country, people claiming the cash back mean i pay more to get less as you get a funded transport and i have to buy a car to get to work

the company car tax scheme was ment to reduce this, the twin cab pickup's screwed that one for you as it highlighted other things going on there realised are not ment to

the companys giving staff money each year in travel allowance as they dont pay it and the governments do have made them think,,,, does the photocopy guy NEED a X5 to carry his briefcase ?

can he use a renualt clio after all the man delivering the photocopier has a clio van,,,, mmmmm

thats why its in place and the people who was buying there cars with the idea the company pays for it and so got a better car to use all the extra cash otherwise they dont get it,, there the one affected hence my thinking
Old 23-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Ginge - company cars for reps and the like don't REQUIRE leather and air con tho do they? There are luxury options as you say, and the people who buy or lease the cars PAY extra for that luxury. I can have aircon if I want, but I have to stump Ł500 for it - which I can't afford!

So Mr Big who gets a job as a company rep and drives about all day in his flash merc ferring clients etc about can have air con cos the company PAID for it when they specc'd the car!

My boss's car doesn't have air con or leather, cos she has a car allowance, and chose to get a nicer car with less toys than a not as nice car with loads of toys...

thrush there paid for as a tax break

you get 400 quid of the govenment to get from here to birmingham for a day

you take a plane,, if you NEVER got the money and had to get to birmingham you would take the coach

the money they pay on the options is claimed back of the government,,, that means that if they ca choose the flash options the govenment should NOT have to pay for it

you paying for aircon is cause the company cant claim it back as a business needed expence for a van as its a option

but if a car COMES with aircon as standard you cant penalise for it,,, thats where the scam is

btw company vehicles is for use of the company, traveling to work is comuting and is NOT allowed as its comuting and the way people scam is is they claim the work and different locations

you cant claim for milage to and from work if you work at the same place of business every day, as you are comuting and not doing business millage
Old 23-05-2007, 07:05 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Sorry, I still don't agree....

I pay to use my van - even before the new scheme I paid (in tax) to use my van.

We don't hand in fuel reciepts......

I don't FULLY FUNDED transport. Yes I don't actually have to buy the thing, but I pay towards it, and I pay a lot more than I did.....

I also lose my tax free earnings aswell, which means I pay MORE tax than you do, so I foot my own bills, not you. You just pay for border jumpers and baby machines......

you cant claim for milage to and from work if you work at the same place of business every day, as you are comuting and not doing business millage
Yes you can - it's outlined in the handbook given to us by the goverment outlining the new rules. And it says that using a company provided vehicle to get to and from a place of work, beit static or not, is classed as business mileage and isn't subject to the new scheme.

I know this, and I do it EVERY day. Just as all the other people in my branch do - some have opted in and some have opted out of the scheme, but all are entitled to drive their vans home and night without having to pay private use tax......
Old 23-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

thrush its cause you dont work from a set base and thats how you get away with it

your van is paied for my the company who own the vehicle, not the boss and the cash paied is refunded though tax payments

now the government wanna discourage people using the tax paied vehicles so they get more tax rather than more lost due to business expenses,,

btw thrush who pays the fuel bills if you dont hand in reciepts ?,,,, or do you use a fuel card and fill in a form about the amount you paied and have to give the milage ?

either way the BOSS dont pay for it,,,,, its paied for and then paied back every april like everyone else i know with a business does or does your company not have accountant to see what ways they can get out of paying tax

the government want everyone to pay equal in life,, you pay more tax as you get something extra that the government funds by giving a tax break,, if its work related yeah they pay,,, if your doing the shopping for you mums christmas present the NO the government wont wanna pay,, but then your boss wouldnt pay you to go shopping either,,, not hard to work out is it

and the amount of tax you pay is LESS than the amount of cash it costs to ahve the vehicle,, HENCE why you have one

it costs you what 15 quid more a month,,, and you think thats the actual amount each month the car costs ?

everyone pays tax, theres a system designed to be fair so everyone pays the same and the loop holes are there to make it easier for businesses to get by

the problem is people exploit them and so they government need to crackdown

the correct answer is to get rid of ANY tax rebates perhaps but small businesses will suffer and then the customer will suffer due to paying the taxes twice as they will just pass on the cost,,, that aint what its ment to be about though as its ment to be a FAIR way for everyone and that takes it away

now everyone here said i talk bollox,, tell me if you all understand what its ment by now,,,, it aint about making you own 2 cars,, its about stopping you getting tax free breaks for things you SHOULD be taxed for

iwhat i dont get is the people who use tax loop holes are the same people who go on about imagrants, unemployed and benifit fraudsters ect

yet they are still defrauding the system but in a LEGAL way,,, its still no less imorale as you get a better deal than your neighbour

its just like me NOT going to work cause i can earn the same money being at home and claiming benifits and getting rent paid without leaving my door step,, its classed as WRONG,, but business men do ANYTHING to get out of paying tax and then when they get into problems they close up and leave OTHERS paying for there bills when they went into recivership/bankrupt

the best business men and the biggest crooks usually
Old 23-05-2007, 08:55 PM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ginge, you really do talk some shit

i choose to own a P reg mondeo TD estate as having an estate car benefits me.

I arent out of my office all time, i am 90% office based.

I could've bought a V6 to guzzle some gas but chose a diesel.

so you're saying that i should be punished because i chose to get an ECONOMICAL car (read 300 miles to 1 quarter of a tank of diesel today) thats a diesel, because my work asked me to go do some site work?

I reckon you're only moaning cos your work dont send you out and pay you 40p a mile
Old 23-05-2007, 10:15 PM
JjCoDeX75
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ginge

Ill give you this - for what you seem to lack in understanding and empathy, you certainly make up for in writing page after page of rhetoric bollocks!

To summarise your position, you seem to be taking the Christian position that all comforts are bad, and should be taxed.

You are talking shit, and this is because you clearly dont do any kind of mileage.

This is evidenced by the fact that you have a cosworth, which is not capable of doing any kind of mileage.

Frankly, I find your lack of empathy with those that do have to do high miles quite insulting!

I expect that you consider the army to be an over paid bunch of yobs on holiday at your expense!

JJ

Quick Reply: Do you use your own car for work??? To$$ers!!!!