General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Back from the rally with some PICS...

Search this Thread

Old 20-09-2004, 08:29 AM
Paddy
Legend

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Back from the rally with some PICS...

I know theres been another post from Sticker Paul, but thought I'd put me two penneth in...

I got back last night after getting to Cardiff on Thursday ready for the first super special. It was my first rally and I thought it was fookin ace.

In the past, my old man dragged me half way round the world to F1 races/events where you sit, shoulder to shoulder with some arrogant german that keeps pushing you and smells of bratwurst. But I never felt claustrophobic [it's hard to when you're perched on the top of the Brecons and its blowing half a a gale...]

For £99 for the whole event [including parking at the stages], I thought it was good value, considering last time we went to Monza it was over £200 for a grandstand ticket FOR ONE DAY. Alright, theres a lot of driving between stages but even that is surely half the fun?

As for the marshalls, we spoke to loads and they were all sh!t hot, friendly, doing there job. The whole point of going is that you want to watch the cars going flat out, and the marshall are there stopping people from standing in areas where you're in the drivers eyelines and put them off? As well as crash points...

The only appaling thing about the whole event is the amount of fooking scoobs belonging to spectators, on one stage we sat drinking a brew watching the cars go past and counted 24 scoobs, common as muck... but I still wouldn't turn one down....

Anyway, pics [jooster took most on his camera, so he should put some up later]:

Cardiff Super Special, young Matt Wilson, only 17

At the top of the brecons we got a spot right at the finish a focus:

Jooster at the brecons:

This guy was flat out the whole time, he actually made me sh!t myself on the Trescoed stage:

Rs Mexico was tidy:

RS200! The guy had it stickered up especially for the rally, top bloke, top car: