General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

thinking of taking my S2 to "oddkidd creations" ?

Search this Thread

Old 13-05-2007, 08:28 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flip2k3
can diagnose without seeing a car, just hearing it.
Wow. What a genius!
Old 13-05-2007, 08:30 PM
Terry Tibbs
PassionFord Post Troll

Who'd've expected that by PON on Passionford, eh, except perhaps after one too many shandies!

Grow up. One day.
Old 13-05-2007, 08:34 PM
ECU Monitor Enthusiast
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by RichardPON
Wow. What a genius!
Seconded
Old 13-05-2007, 08:36 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

So you're telling me Jano can diagnose an engine fault just by listening to it?

Seriously?

The guy continually lies and copies other's work, trying to pass it off as his own.

I have no desire to post up the info I have to totally discredit this fool, but I'd dare him to challenge it.

As such, the guy asked for opinions, and I gave one - that his character is flawed and I'd consider him untrustworthy.

Now did you understand that, or were you unable to read it with your head jammed up Jano's arse?
Old 13-05-2007, 08:38 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by MAD YUM
Originally Posted by LS35A
Wow. What a genius!
Seconded

Pons fan club
Ah, here comes the fat man with his two penneth!

Jano recently got beaten up at an RS meet. Nothing to do you with you and your contingent was it?
Old 13-05-2007, 08:40 PM
ECU Monitor Enthusiast
BANNED
BANNED

Me in PON's fan club, yes thats right
Old 13-05-2007, 08:43 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Simon, ignore it.

Dave understanding the simple text in a post on here is like trying to get him to understand that cars can also go round corners
Old 13-05-2007, 08:43 PM
Terry Tibbs
PassionFord Post Troll

Considering I don't know Jano on a personal level or on a business level, my head is staying far away from his arse. UNLIKE many customers of tuners on this site.

It was a figure of speech, comparing Jano's abilities to any well known tuner. Whether his abilities are consistent with other tuners, I do not know. All I do know is that he has a very good understanding of his work and is able to fix and 'tune' RS turbo's to a good-high level.

You have too much time on your hands. Why sit there and try and rip someones comments apart for a cheap laugh from some other members?

Whether he lies is his problem, not mine. As I have said before, the guy knows his stuff whether he sells copied parts or not. That I was not disputing.

Is that an acceptable answer? Or would you like me to divulge some more tosh to compete with your inane comments?
Old 13-05-2007, 08:48 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Divulge? What exactly have you divulged?

The only reason I continually have to explain myself is you people can't understand simple english.

If the guy who started this post is looking for somewhere reputable to take his car, would you suggest going to someone of dubious character with no real business foundation to rely on?

Also, please explain your "he can diagnose engine problems just by hearing them" nonsense. If it's true, Jano could be in line for a job with some major car manufacturers in their testing department!
Old 13-05-2007, 08:57 PM
SGT PEPPER
Virgin

Originally Posted by GUZZLER
going back to the first question, erst tuners close(ish) to the guy,

PTS, if there still going, avoid like the plauge

Oddkidd, sometimes comes as a cocky fucker, his cars speak for themselves, i have sent a few people to him & they have come back saying he seems to a kick out of helping people & giving advise

SCC, not a major player in the tuning field but still punt out some good work, owner Rob is a real nice guy to

Tommy Field, never had anything to do with them, thought thet were more enginr builders than tuners

Grove Garage, the Armani of tuners

Power Engineering, old skool but still have 20 years of RS's behind them

Torque of the devil, new skool but good experiance & the place is full of petrol heads

MA Developments, apart from Marks time keeping you don't hear any other complaints!

Jamsport, never had anything to do with them but Jamie Going seems to breath RST's
where is torque , MA developments and power enginerring ??

got any numbers or links pls
Old 13-05-2007, 09:00 PM
Terry Tibbs
PassionFord Post Troll

I'm talking about general well known issues. Not all RS owners know their cars inside and out. My comment was based purely on watching Jano give advice on a problem with a friends car. Was it correct? YES. I dare say Stu, Tommy, Rob, etc. etc. can give advice which is correct? But then again they would be heroes?

You're expanding upon my comments to suit your fetish for creating an argument or entertaining yourself.

You're a first class prat. Some of your comments, very valid. In this instance, not at all.

The guy asked for any feedback on Oddkidd, which I gave, yes?

Go back to your milk and cookies.

Then again I doubt you can keep your mouth shut now, like I will?
Old 13-05-2007, 09:00 PM
G2RSR
Bodybuilding

What do you want from them to do exactly ? simple tune high bhp or what ?
Old 13-05-2007, 09:02 PM
Cossie Helen
10K+ Poster!!

Mark Shead tells me whats wrong with my car over the phone

Mark is based near Wokingham, number in my signature, But Mark dont do many RST's now i dont think.

PE & tourque of the devil are in Uxbridge i belive ?
Old 13-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Terry Tibbs
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Cossie Helen

Mark is based near Wokingham, number in my signature.
Steady, PON's on the warpath.
Old 13-05-2007, 09:04 PM
SassyRS
Little Miss...

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SGT PEPPER
going back to the first question, erst tuners close(ish) to the guy,

PTS, if there still going, avoid like the plauge

Oddkidd, sometimes comes as a cocky fucker, his cars speak for themselves, i have sent a few people to him & they have come back saying he seems to a kick out of helping people & giving advise

SCC, not a major player in the tuning field but still punt out some good work, owner Rob is a real nice guy to

Tommy Field, never had anything to do with them, thought thet were more enginr builders than tuners

Grove Garage, the Armani of tuners

Power Engineering, old skool but still have 20 years of RS's behind them

Torque of the devil, new skool but good experiance & the place is full of petrol heads

MA Developments, apart from Marks time keeping you don't hear any other complaints!

Jamsport, never had anything to do with them but Jamie Going seems to breath RST's
where is torque , MA developments and power enginerring ??

got any numbers or links pls

Toque of the devil & Power Engineering are both on the Uxbridge Industrial Estate, MA Developments is near Maidenhead
Old 13-05-2007, 09:04 PM
Cossie Helen
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Cossie Helen

Mark is based near Wokingham, number in my signature.
Steady, PON's on the warpath.

I see that LOL

Ahh well just giving my opinion, Had a probelm with the car tonight and mark told me over phone what is was
Old 13-05-2007, 09:13 PM
SassyRS
Little Miss...

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

edited, Guzzler posting!
Old 13-05-2007, 09:13 PM
M K
10K+ Poster!!

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

i personally use tommy @ FIELD MOTORSPORT for the build & tuning of my rs turbo engine xr2

but................ when i needed a bit of advice today over the phone i gave jano a call and he helped me out and also supplied me with a part i needed free of charge,

very helpful man who knows his rs's
Old 13-05-2007, 09:14 PM
timturbo
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

i dont no him personally but his prices are reasonable i no people slate him but him fighting at rsoc meet doesn promote his business to well either
Old 13-05-2007, 09:15 PM
GUZZLER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only reason I continually have to explain myself is you people can't understand simple english.

If the guy who started this post is looking for somewhere reputable to take his car, would you suggest going to someone of dubious character with no real business foundation to rely on?

Also, please explain your "he can diagnose engine problems just by hearing them" nonsense. If it's true, Jano could be in line for a job with some major car manufacturers in their testing department!

Rich, if you know that little about cars to understand this maybe you should stick to the cebeebies website

i'm not the best in the world but a lot of time if something is wrong i can tell roughly what it is by the sound of the engine!!!
the guy who bought Sassy's old fiesta rang me when the car wouldn't start, i could hear him cranking it over the phone & it was cranking really fast, i said it sounded like it wasn't getting fuel, under inspection it had lost the live to the fuel pump
So PON, just because you had a part time job at a tuners dosn't make you the know all of tuning
Old 13-05-2007, 09:19 PM
pau1rs
Advanced PassionFord User

i`m sure these 3 pages talking about is says it all...

some one who`s helped me out in the past aswell...
Old 13-05-2007, 09:19 PM
COMEDY DAN
No1 Blower.

Originally Posted by andre_k

The guy is a compulsive liar though, and I believe was sparked out at an RS meet recently

pmsl
Old 13-05-2007, 09:22 PM
Katie

I'd certainly go there if I was interested on a 1500% markup on a Ł10 ''borrowed'' inlet adapter plate (and before you say it, no I wouldn't need one...but you can never have too many bits of unneccessary metal)...a few people will be able to laugh at this...and no, I will not explain it for the benefit of the rest of you
Old 13-05-2007, 09:24 PM
GUZZLER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by COMEDY DAN
Originally Posted by andre_k

The guy is a compulsive liar though, and I believe was sparked out at an RS meet recently

pmsl

aswell Dan, whats funny about someone getting punched at a meet

i spoke o a few about the 'fighting' matter & from what i heard Jano * his mate got a slap for sticking up for one of his customers

whats funny about that andre_k ????
Old 13-05-2007, 09:29 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

katie where is phil these days
Old 13-05-2007, 09:30 PM
ECU Monitor Enthusiast
BANNED
BANNED

Simon, ignore it.

Dave understanding the simple text in a post on here is like trying to get him to understand that cars can also go round corners
Oh my fooking sides
Old 13-05-2007, 09:33 PM
Katie

Originally Posted by Ginge !
katie where is phil these days
I think he got bored of the severe intellectual lows that occur in nearly every post on nearly every thread. You've got him on Msn anyway you daft twat, ask him yourself.
Old 13-05-2007, 09:45 PM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

Are people discussing tuners or religious cults...

Many of the people posting are zelots for one particular tuner or another while others appear to be looking for information in a desperate attempt to discredit another... Get a life

It's simple call a few people up, see who spends the most time discussing your needs rather than your budget, ask the questions you wish to ask and compare the answers, see who devotes some time to you and then choose the company you feel is worthy of your custom is it anymore difficault than that ??
Old 13-05-2007, 09:55 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Rich, if you know that little about cars to understand this maybe you should stick to the cebeebies website

i'm not the best in the world but a lot of time if something is wrong i can tell roughly what it is by the sound of the engine!!!
the guy who bought Sassy's old fiesta rang me when the car wouldn't start, i could hear him cranking it over the phone & it was cranking really fast, i said it sounded like it wasn't getting fuel, under inspection it had lost the live to the fuel pump
So PON, just because you had a part time job at a tuners dosn't make you the know all of tuning
Christ almighty! Another one!

So you can diagnose all engine problems just by listening to them? Impressive, as that's certainly what was implied!

As for your example, so what? So you guessed that it wasn't getting fuel? 50/50 shot out of that and saying "is it getting a spark"?

Not once have I ever said I knew anything about tuning, so I fail to see your point. However, I do know about TUNERS which is what this post was about, and I gave what information I had to help the guy make an informed decision.

Now we've got that sorted, maybe you should stick to.......... whatever it is you do
Old 13-05-2007, 10:01 PM
ECU Monitor Enthusiast
BANNED
BANNED

My wifes car wont start, spent about 3 hours on it today.

Can one of you clever "hearing" people call me and I will let you hear the sound
of the ignition key clicking down the phone and perhaps you can tell me whats wrong.

Thank you please
Old 13-05-2007, 10:02 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Strong statement Pon..

I was at the meet, and he didn't get 'sparked out'
Old 13-05-2007, 10:06 PM
maxrs16
Banned

Originally Posted by Charlie Chalk

Strong statement Pon..

I was at the meet, and he didn't get 'sparked out'
so that means every thing RichardPON has said is to be discredited because he is a liar
Old 13-05-2007, 10:07 PM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

Christ almighty! Another one!

So you can diagnose all engine problems just by listening to them? Impressive, as that's certainly what was implied!

Now we've got that sorted, maybe you should stick to.......... whatever it is you do
Was it actually implied that ALL engine problems can be diagnosed just by listening to the engine, I do not believe it was, nobody other than those with an intention to discredit another would make the assumption that an engine problem such as a worn camshaft could always be diagnosed in this manner. It was an interpretation to suit a desired goal and nothing more.
Old 13-05-2007, 10:12 PM
Rick
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Mechanics have been able to diagnose faults in running engines to a reasonable degree from the dawn of time, i fail to see what all the fuss is about..
Old 13-05-2007, 10:12 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Irrelevant really.

No tuner in their right mind is going to go "Yeah, no need to book it in mate. Just hold the phone up and let me have a listen to it!"

This has gone ridiculously off track anyway. The guy wanted some info, and he's got it. Obviously it's up to him where he takes it. Just seemed like a good opportunity to help inform the guy that there are places with better reputations such as MAD, Powers etc as mentioned.....

Quick Reply: thinking of taking my S2 to "oddkidd creations" ?