General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

thinking of taking my S2 to "oddkidd creations" ?

Search this Thread

Old 13-05-2007, 03:42 PM
RSrussell
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ginge,

Are you saying Jano fixes peoples cars, charges them the cost, then has their car nicked and sell on the parts. Earning double bubble

Surely not

Old 13-05-2007, 03:48 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

russel jano is NOT part of it at all !!!

i never ment it like that

it seems alot of people in his loop are fortunate and alot of people who are not in his loop aint

when my car went 2 weeks after a note asking me to sell it ive never trusted anyone whos related to him ever since

but id like to state that JANO is not or has NOTHING to do with it at all !!!

which i know sounds pointless but just incase people think im calling him a twoc'er

the actual advice he gives is generally one sided and shite and based on him making cash

saying that hes actually helped me out a few times and so ive never had a bad thing about him,,, well apart from confusing a mate into thinking i was ripping him off selling him shite that wont work and people stear clear of
Old 13-05-2007, 03:49 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FMS for me

Originally Posted by Nash
Originally Posted by Alps Pacino
COMEDY DAN

I aint getting into a debate or slagging jamsport off BUT after a trip down there with a mate of mine there is 2 words that spring to mind woudnt and bargepole.
All i am saying about Jam sport is when you fuck one squaddie over, you fuck them all off
Indeed
Old 13-05-2007, 03:50 PM
Mark 3D

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RSrussell
Ginge,

Are you saying Jano fixes peoples cars, charges them the cost, then has their car nicked and sell on the parts. Earning double bubble

Surely not

Jano is such a nice bloke Im sure he would be pretty upset that anyone could even suggest this!!

Just for peoples information, one of the cars that got stolen was from the guy who works with Jano at Oddkidd Creations and he was and still is absolutely gutted about it!!

come on folks lets drop this line of enquiry as those of us who know Jano know that this is an absolutely preposterous suggestion!
Old 13-05-2007, 03:53 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

oh i do respect a bloke who can sell a bloke with a cossie on cossie management to change over to cossie management

this was a stage 3 cossie running a t3 witha huge fucking dent in the side of his car,,,

he sold him l8 cause its better,,, worst thing HE NOTICED THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE IT MADE

i dont trust ANYONE with my car now cause 80% just wanna rip you off

oh and i also remember a purple erst that melted a few years ago on a high speed run that another tuner was incontrol off and he said " looks like youve just melted a plug"

sorry but i trust NO tuner but stu and thats cause he was willing to turn away my car if it was a peice of shite and not charge me for the time he would have lost

when it comes to tuning it worth traveling for a few hours,,,, as your only gonna be wasting the same time on the hard shoulder waiting for the AA when the car melts
Old 13-05-2007, 03:55 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by markyd3
Originally Posted by RSrussell
Ginge,

Surely not

Jano is such a nice bloke Im sure he would be pretty upset that anyone could even suggest this!!

Just for peoples information, one of the cars that got stolen was from the guy who works with Jano at Oddkidd Creations and he was and still is absolutely gutted about it!!

come on folks lets drop this line of enquiry as those of us who know Jano know that this is an absolutely preposterous suggestion!
i never said it was jano,,, i KNOW hes not a theif as he has been tested before as nobody is stupid and this is a small world if theres a target to aim at

jano is NOT a theif and dont deal with nicked gear,,, ill say it again just cause ive made it sound like he was responcable when hes not
Old 13-05-2007, 04:00 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Ginge are you pissed or caned to be talking such crap?

Janno's cars always do the numbers in the mags and his own cars have done some blistering times too.

The fact is he hardly advertises and relies on his cars and word of mouth to get business. Considering he's been in business for so long I guess he must be pretty good at what he does......which isnt garbling shite on the inernet
Old 13-05-2007, 04:01 PM
G2RSR
Bodybuilding

He trys to sell everyone cossie management if you go on his website most have been talked into getting it even standard rs turbos which is just a waist of 2.5k or whatever he charges now
Old 13-05-2007, 04:08 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by MattRS1600i
Ginge are you pissed or caned to be talking such crap?

Janno's cars always do the numbers in the mags and his own cars have done some blistering times too.

The fact is he hardly advertises and relies on his cars and word of mouth to get business. Considering he's been in business for so long I guess he must be pretty good at what he does......which isnt garbling shite on the inernet
if hes ASKED to go to mags cause hes customers want to be in there and theres no pull outs like other places then hes gonna be in there

theres lots of cars out there you NEVER hear of

tommy field seems to have got a name for himself,,,, cant think how he go so well known though

maybe its cause mags use him that he gets a name for himself

ive not slagged janos work at all,,, what i said was he slagged a ecu i sold to a mate with a engine saying its shite yet hes car has never done that speed yet ?

he advises people with misinfomation,,,, thats not a good thing,,,, if you dont know say you dont rather than slag a product and scare monger to sell your product
Old 13-05-2007, 04:09 PM
maxrs16
Banned

G2RSR do you post this rubbish just to get your post count up
Old 13-05-2007, 04:12 PM
Sexy-RS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Jano's a top bloke been to his workshop and used him for parts lots of times - Always goes out of his way to help

Although i personaly use - Grove garage / Ahmed bajoo for my tuning and have done for years without any problems
Old 13-05-2007, 04:18 PM
G2RSR
Bodybuilding

Originally Posted by maxrs16
G2RSR do you post this rubbish just to get your post count up
what so im not allowed to have my own opinion of the bloke

he trys to sell people stuff they dont actually need imo
Old 13-05-2007, 04:25 PM
xr3-keith
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

After reading the 1st page of people slaging him off i coundnt be bothered to read the 2nd

however in my experiance jano at oddkidd creations is a top bloke the times i have met him, also i would like to point out that when ever i have had any problems with my motor a quick call to jano and its sorted

I think that his prices are also very reasonalbe and workmanship is to a very high standard.

so for the porpose of this post mate i would recomend oddkidd as a very good company.
Old 13-05-2007, 04:26 PM
maxrs16
Banned

of course your entitled to your opinion but you are aware of the prices you keep stating are incorrect yet you keep stating them and you keep stating that he sells stuff to people that they don't need yet people who are and have actually been his customers state other wise
Old 13-05-2007, 04:32 PM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

i cant wait for janos reply
Old 13-05-2007, 04:38 PM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

wow lots of actual real physical pissed customers in this thread....

It may be something to do with liking the X-Files but it seems that all the negative comments come from people who either admit to using other tuners or simply are not customers

I may be wrong here but Sexy-RS who undoubtably has one of the most desirable cars around in my personal opinion... states he always goes out of his way to help.
While many other customers appear to be saying the same.... Wonder what this could mean ??
Old 13-05-2007, 04:43 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by UnseenMenace
I may be wrong here but Sexy-RS who undoubtably has one of the most desirable cars around in my personal opinion... states he always goes out of his way to help.
While many other customers appear to be saying the same.... Wonder what this could mean ??
He prefers female customers?

Old 13-05-2007, 04:48 PM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

Originally Posted by Ginge !
oh i do respect a bloke who can sell a bloke with a cossie on cossie management to change over to cossie management
Can you introduce me to this person, what management did he think he had running on his Cosworth ??
Bet he's at home busy fitting Cossie brakes to his Cosworth this weekend before he starts saving for his Cosworth Exhaust.
Is this the same fella who gets his chips from icelands
Old 13-05-2007, 04:50 PM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

Originally Posted by AJ THE PF GOD
He prefers female customers?

Old 13-05-2007, 04:51 PM
The Sludge
garibaldi

When I had my RST last year, before my Cos came along, I was toying around with a lot of different ideas.

Not sure what managment to use ie, Megasquirt, Cossie, Omex etc etc., I decided to PM him. I was and still ama member on there. He replied back to give him my number.

He promptly called and spent around 30 minutes to my MOBILE realying the different options to me-at 9pm.

Had i not bought the saph when i did, i can categorically say that I;d have NO hesitation in using Jano. Indeed there are worse out there to use, naming no names.

But aside from that I understand Ginge comments and fair play whatever has hapened, hashappened and Ging knows that Jano isnt aware of whatever is going on. Oddkidd has had great coverage from Fast Ford..

Doesnt anyone think that for one minute that a magazine promoting a potential dodgy company is then also making a rod for its own back??? It wouldnt happen.
Old 13-05-2007, 04:52 PM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

Ginge -
Thats some insinuation your making there.

Jano doesnt come on here any more i thought?
Old 13-05-2007, 04:54 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

wow lots of actual real physical pissed customers in this thread....

It may be something to do with liking the X-Files but it seems that all the negative comments comefrom people who either admit to using other tuners.

it means he has happy customers and unhappy customers,,,,, ian howell would have named his first child paul a few years ago

i doubt he would call his dog that now,,,,,he was his HAPPIEST customer considering he spent 70k with him

the secret here is the people who dont use him and there reasons im sure

ive USED Jano a few times,,, i dont have a problem with him tbh,,, hes never sold me cossie management but ive never used him for tuning

my experience and comments are based on what ive seen from close mates,,, not from a bloke on a internet forum i ive never met in my life or a bloke whos got a car i like so im gonna slate a tuner he dont like

personally im not mates with stu,, never have been tbh and i only use stu for my car cause hes the best ive found,,,, i recon stu hates the idea of seeing a car i own and i know he wasnt looking forward to seeing my cossie when i brought it

but he and kenny are the best in there field,,, no bad words said about em OFF here apart from hes waiting list,,,,, he cant help that

ive never heard a janos customers car fail though has to be said,,, but then ive never seen a car tuned by him ragged hard,,,, nor someone have it long enough but thats another story

hes cars are the only ones in the game that are always ready when asked for same as jamsport,,,,, find is strange considering these mags seem to use them at some point though

infact when did we all start hearing about FMS ????

trying to work out that one :cry

i guess tunning is like fashion,,,, you hear a name and you all swear by them,,, 5 years ago i couldnt pick up a car mag without seeing rob at SCC's face in it,,, but now you never hear his name mentioned
Old 13-05-2007, 05:03 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Can you introduce me to this person, what management did he think he had running on his Cosworth ??
he knows fuck all about the techincal side of cars,,,, he started to use pts after jano,,,,, so hes not what i call smart and hes convinced his cossie is runing 375bhp,,, on 25psi,,, and he also said hes old injectors are not opening up all the way high in the revs so its running lean,,,, he dont realise they pulse and thinks they open like taps

he did fit l8 to his car by janos advice and got a maching chip for,, and noticed the difference,,,, he told me he did and told me why he does and it was cause the 4wd cossie does more power with just a different ecu as the engines are the same,, he aint smart i know but hes telling me what jano told him,,, he still wont listen though

is this the same fella who gets his chips from icelands
no that is paul hills,,, but then i wonder where jano gets his chips as im sure hills done his work in the old days ?

not everyone is clued up on cars,, not the best people are the best people,,,,

personal opinion and who slags them off is what i go by
Old 13-05-2007, 05:06 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by XRT_si
Ginge -
Thats some insinuation your making there.

Jano doesnt come on here any more i thought?

si,,,, tell me what ive wrote thats WRONG ?

ive said what ive seen,,,, not said who has or has not and ive NOT said jano is a theif,,, hes a lying bastard whp gives advice to seel his fucking cossie managment cause he dont understand other systems,,,, hes not a car thief

but then we all know this cause he still aint done the 235bhp erst with just a zorst/cossie managment and air filter he claimed all them years ago

i doubt he thinks engine managment is the reason for high power anymore,,,, but he has got anti lag on his fwd car,,,, that should ask questions as to what kind of tuner he actually is
Old 13-05-2007, 05:18 PM
Deleted by Request
Former Sponsor

...ginge cant beleive you are saying jano fixes the car then 2 weeks later has them nicked

Old 13-05-2007, 05:31 PM
G2RSR
Bodybuilding

Originally Posted by Bosch Dealer
...ginge cant beleive you are saying jano fixes the car then 2 weeks later has them nicked

Hes not is he

Hes just giving you the info and you can make it into what you want
Old 13-05-2007, 05:32 PM
andre_k
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Charlie Chalk
FMS for me

Originally Posted by Nash
Originally Posted by Alps Pacino
COMEDY DAN

I aint getting into a debate or slagging jamsport off BUT after a trip down there with a mate of mine there is 2 words that spring to mind woudnt and bargepole.
All i am saying about Jam sport is when you fuck one squaddie over, you fuck them all off
Indeed
whats that mean?
Old 13-05-2007, 05:40 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

I have never had any work done by the guy, but I have absolute 100% unequivocal proof that the everything the guy has "designed" has been copied off of someone else.

The conversions he does do look nice and that old S1 was certainly quick.

However, is he a registered sole trader, ltd company, have a premises etc? If he fits something to your car that is faulty and causes it to crash, catch fire etc, is he in a position to be liable through the normal channels? If so then fair enough.

The guy is a compulsive liar though, and I believe was sparked out at an RS meet recently
Old 13-05-2007, 05:41 PM
andre_k
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by RichardPON

The guy is a compulsive liar though, and I believe was sparked out at an RS meet recently

pmsl
Old 13-05-2007, 05:48 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by G2RSR
Originally Posted by Bosch Dealer

Hes not is he

Hes just giving you the info and you can make it into what you want

im not at all, what im saying is i feel theres a bad pear thats using janos friendship in some way and screwing over his customers

jano is NOT part of this and i dont mean to sound like im saying he is

the only thing he steals is ideas like rich has pointed out

jano is NOT a car theif or does not have dealing with them,,,, but there is a chain somewhere and it seems to have some sort of a link with the oddkidds,,,, but not as in there involved as one of there own cars got chored and it wasnt a basic car not a insurance job either !!!!

hence my KNOWING hes not part of the thefts !!!

well that and ive also had people test him when my car go nicked
Old 13-05-2007, 05:51 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

Ginge is just giving his opinion on the matter nowt wrong with that & how many times has he got to say he doesnt think Jano's a thief before people stop asking him if he thinks Jano steals cars?
Old 13-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

aj i dont want people thinking i was trying to have a dig at him cause i wasnt

i dont trust ANYONE but im 95% certain that jano aint a car thief,,,, about the same as my missus leaving me for a gay bloke
Old 13-05-2007, 06:08 PM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

aj i dont want people thinking i was trying to have a dig at him cause i wasnt
why did you talk about it then?
Old 13-05-2007, 07:20 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

i spoke about is as there seems to be a trend of oddkid cars getting chored

of all the people in my group or people who are into cars all the ones whos cars have gone walkies have been worked on by jano and they gone missing

now that tells me theres either bad luck or somethings up so i mentioned it

i could have said nothing and let people find out then they hear the " i never heard that till after" coments

my advice is if going there get some fake plates and use your parents address just to be safe,,, lot of garages have dodgy staff and theres a few members on here who used to chore cars when they was younger,,, it happens i know but if someone is asking im not one to be quiet about things
Old 13-05-2007, 07:21 PM
SGT PEPPER
Virgin

anyone got janos number ?? i mite give him a bell 2moro see whats what with letting him play with my car
Old 13-05-2007, 07:31 PM
89xr2
Brap!

Originally Posted by G2RSR
The only thing janos good at is fitting cossie management and rebuilding turbos imo he gets most of the other work done by other people

The thing with jano is that even if you have a slight missfire from a bad plug he will say you need cossie management and if your exhaust is blowing he will say you need cossie management
Im just curious if your 'opinion' is based on experience, just what work have you taken to Oddkidd Creations which has been completed by other people ?

Jano has spent vast amounts of effort talking me out of management features which he provides simply because I have no need for them even though he had the prime opportunity to make good money from me... I personally do not believe he sees this as the answer to everything

ok,, what car do you have ?

if yhou got a erst with cossie management you have no reason to reply as thats what he sells to people

he even sold a guy with a 2wd cossie a L8 ecu on the basis there better and will make more power,,,, hes reasons was the 4x4 cossies have a l8 ecu and make 220bhp unlike the 2wd with the l6 that makes 204

he sold cossie management to a guy who OWNS a fucking cossie.. yet he fits L6 ecu's to erst owners

jano is a business man end of story and sells cossie management conversions,,, that what he does

hes cars perform,,, thats cause hes ASKED by mags to turn up,, hes customers are willing to risk there cars for the mag shoots where other peoples customers aint bothered

jano goes to all meets with is anti lag crew poping and banging there cars when being parked up,,, yet ive never seen him rag his car

jano is a nice guy but he talks shite to customers to earn money,, he relies on the stupid young kids who want anti lag fwd escorts just like his yet dont understand the fucking point of it

APT has the BEST erst in the country,, that was built on a BUDGET,, he THOUGHT about hes mods and done them based on if there worth it or not and its the FASTEST in the country

now that and the fact he was the first erst on aftermarket managment when we was all amazed at fitting old shitty secondhand looms and parts to our escorts for cossiemanagment

oh and how could i forget this

i sold my old steel rod'ed 1.6 with omex managment and loom to a mate of mine, he went to jano to ask about getting it fitted and he was told its SHITE and he needs cossie management for it to run right,,, said nobody knows how to map it and it aint that good either compared to cossie managment

my omex was bought of christian who held the top speed for a 1.6 cvh using that management,,,,,, yet its shite,,,, yet jano aint broke 155mph yet ?

he talks shite and his customers dont know fuck all about cars hence they fit cossie management to there 180bhp rst's

with that chain of thought oranoco's car must be one of the BEST erst's about

its on mfi with 5th injector and that engine hes had for 5 years atleast running 25psi,,, he drives like a cunt everywhere but it aint let go yet

that was BUILT by rob as SCC,,, yet nobody has mentioned him yet ?

I have a funny feeling that if you asked christian how much his rst has actually cost you wouldnt think it was a cheap budget. Certainly a budget though.

Amazing car none the less
Old 13-05-2007, 08:04 PM
s1kid
PassionFord Regular

Jano's a top guy who will always be hounest and tell you whats what and is very helpfull explaining things to you.

This stupid accusation's flying around are crazy and it saddens me to read this shit!
Old 13-05-2007, 08:07 PM
GUZZLER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

going back to the first question, erst tuners close(ish) to the guy,

PTS, if there still going, avoid like the plauge

Oddkidd, sometimes comes as a cocky fucker, his cars speak for themselves, i have sent a few people to him & they have come back saying he seems to a kick out of helping people & giving advise

SCC, not a major player in the tuning field but still punt out some good work, owner Rob is a real nice guy to

Tommy Field, never had anything to do with them, thought thet were more enginr builders than tuners

Grove Garage, the Armani of tuners

Power Engineering, old skool but still have 20 years of RS's behind them

Torque of the devil, new skool but good experiance & the place is full of petrol heads

MA Developments, apart from Marks time keeping you don't hear any other complaints!

Jamsport, never had anything to do with them but Jamie Going seems to breath RST's
Old 13-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Terry Tibbs
PassionFord Post Troll

He knows what he's doing, can diagnose without seeing a car, just hearing it. Often helps my mates out for fucking brilliant prices to be honest.

As for cars going missing, 2 of my mates have cars built by him and both are still firmly sat on the drive/in the garage - one is a feature car too.

Cars speak for themselves though really. He seems to be able to get huge gains with not a lot of mods.

Looks like a chav though but a top bloke.

Quick Reply: thinking of taking my S2 to "oddkidd creations" ?