General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Anyone on here in the Army?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 06:48 AM
saphlover
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rs shawn
Originally Posted by JxBabe
Nice and cheap to rent your own place if you're posted to Germany!
Where's that ???
No RAF left in Germany.

saphlover Some sites that may interest you:

http://www.armedforces.co.uk/rafindex.htm
http://www.armedforces.co.uk/armyindex.htm
http://www.armedforces.co.uk/navyindex.htm
Cheers mate.

By the look of this thread there are quite a few people that are advising against joining up.

I will have a serious think about this and read up on it then make my decision.

Dannn I aint got no partner or children so staying away from home aint a problem (apart from missing my Mum )
Old 11-05-2007, 07:01 AM
Terry Tibbs
PassionFord Post Troll

They have been there a few years mate, some more than the initial 3/4 year contract period. Just go for it if you want to do it. My guess is that in 6-12 months time there will be a post saying how much you like it.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:29 AM
Dannn
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by saphlover
Dannn I aint got no partner or children so staying away from home aint a problem (apart from missing my Mum )
Thats now!

Just remember once you sign up they own you. You can't wake up one morning and decide to move on as its not for you.

I have seen the services from a few angles and IMO only a fool would sign up.

Also think about the reason you want to join up. If its because you want to serve your queen and country then do it, if its because you need a job then that is not the reason to join.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:16 AM
rs shawn
S1 Database Editor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by saphlover
By the look of this thread there are quite a few people that are advising against joining up.
I will have a serious think about this and read up on it then make my decision.
Maybe so but then there's also the people who love the job. I like my job..just don't like some of the shite that's coming along at the minute, but that doesn't mean it's not the right job for me nor you mate. Depends if there's anything local you want to do instead. There's upsides and downsides to EVERY job.

During training if you feel it's not for you then you have the opportunity to leave. Also even after you've finished your training you can apply to leave if you change your mind. You may have to do 3 years service (that's what the RAF is anyway) as they don't like spending lots of money training someone for them to leave straight away (which employer does) but remember this: when you join up it is VOLUNTARY.
It's not a conscription where once you sign up that's it and you have to do those years no matter what. Hundreds of people leave early for one reason or another...but then hundreds stay for their full careers: 22yrs for the RAF !

Hope this helps a bit.