General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Bye bye fast fords

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 10:48 AM
saff_cossie
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyBrew
they are both group 20 cars I can't see there being that much difference, and they are both turbocharged 2 litre 4 pots, with proper setups I can't see there being too much difference there either

how the feck did you get 290 miles out of the Evo, were you on a trailer
I get over 450kms which converted is about 280miles to a 45 litre tank very comfortably. If it was on solid highway driving, it would probably be near 470kms. Mine has been better last week as we dropped the Ralliart Map into it which richened a few areas up and lowered the idle to 750rpm. They are very economical.

Originally Posted by EssexMikeSi
passion ford will outlast any cossie on the road lol, thats for sure as alot of people are good mates on here plus this forum is a massive community. It just gonna evolve a bit withing about 5 years time and there will be alot of other makes of car. A shame yea, but it was bound to happen

We only have ford to blame for it as therye not making balls out motors anymore so people, including die hard ford fans who bleed blue blood, are looking elsewhere now
This is exactly right. The same has happened here with what was, skylinesaustralia.com for Skyline enthusiasts and the Victorian contingent has rebadged as SAU Vic which represents a multitude of cars with people coming together due to their interest in performance cars and enjoying them.

IMO a club is a lot better with different cars as the members learn more about other performance cars and appreciate them. We now have Evos, Silvias, WRX's, FPV's along with the skylines and none of the active members care. The only ones who occasionally stir the pot are just forum users.
Old 08-05-2007, 05:08 PM
col cos1
BANNED
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got to admit the evo is the only car that will ever tempt me from the cossie seen

but realistically i want both