General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

O2 - Pain in the ass.............

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 11:56 AM
Redeye Jedi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default O2 - Pain in the ass.............

Well im 13 months into an 18 month contract with 02, having experienced problems with my handset (Nokia 6280) on 2 occasions at the start of the contract and in due course recieiving replacements, my phone has now developed yet another fault!

In the first case they delivered a replacement handset and upon delivery my faulty handset was collected. I never heard any more about this handset and i would assume it was found to be faulty, and repaired accordingly. They are now telling me that due to the length of time i have had the phone (Basically longer than 28 days) that i will have to send it back (at my own cost) then await test results before either they will send out a replacement! What a complete pain!!

Also suggested to me by O2 was to take my handset into a local O2 store and leave it with them to be repaired, and hopefully get a "Loan Phone" in the mean time (If they have one!!)

Basically this means that ill be without a phone for at least a week, which im not that happy with! It wouldnt be so bad but ive had so many problems with the phone and O2, and as my tariff is in excess of £40 (before calls), with an average bill of £80-100 id expected a bit of a better offer!

I was also told at the start of the contract that i would be available for upgrade at the 12 month point and this was not true as i found out last month! Anyhow rant over!
Old 04-05-2007, 11:59 AM
Redeye Jedi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The fault in question is as follows (If anyone has any suggestions to sort it, as im told it is a software issue)

Basically without warning the bottom 3rd of the screen is highlighted and it says "Phone Restricted" also regularly says "Sim Card Registration Failed" or "Sim Card Not Inserted"..........

Has anyone else experienced similar problems?!?
Old 04-05-2007, 12:27 PM
DanS
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi mate.

I work for O2 but I'm no expert when it comes to phones or customer service but if the phone is less than 1 year old it will be replaced free of charge.

If you have already double checked that the sim card works in another phone, the code above basically means its fudged (im sure u knew that already).

I've always found the best way to solve problems like this is to go instore rather than sit on the phone for ages..

hope that helps.
Dan
Old 04-05-2007, 12:40 PM
Phil
Jeebus

They were excellent when my phone broke - I posted it off and got a brand new phone 2 days later

DanS, do you have anything to do with upgrades? I'm waiting for a K810i and they keep telling my its not come in stock yet
Old 04-05-2007, 12:54 PM
DanS
PassionFord Post Troll

Nope... nothing at all to do with phones I'm afraid.

But i know they have lots of white ones in stock Suggest you just try your local O2 shops.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:59 PM
monkey nutz
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I had the same problem with my Nokia N80 (also with O2) gave up in the end; it constantly crashed, wouldn't read the SIM card etc, 02 were helpful to an extent, but it's not their fault if the phone's poorly put together.

I will never have another Nokia again.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:00 PM
monkey nutz
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by The Pony Feeder
The fault in question is as follows (If anyone has any suggestions to sort it, as im told it is a software issue)

Basically without warning the bottom 3rd of the screen is highlighted and it says "Phone Restricted" also regularly says "Sim Card Registration Failed" or "Sim Card Not Inserted"..........

Has anyone else experienced similar problems?!?
EXACTLY what my old N80 did

Trending Topics

Old 04-05-2007, 01:05 PM
andyhardy
Advanced PassionFord User

I work for a mobile phone network - the 6280 is an absolute nightmare of a phone, not to mention the charger problems they seem to have.

Nokia launched the 6288 to replace it and I'm just hoping they've fixed the problems with it otherwise we'll be getting all of them back in a few months.

Unfortunately for you, all the time the 6280 is in stock at O2's depots you'll get replacement 6280s in it's place under warranty.

Cheers,

Andy
Old 04-05-2007, 01:21 PM
Paul Eggleton
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by DanS
Hi mate.

I work for O2 but I'm no expert when it comes to phones or customer service but if the phone is less than 1 year old it will be replaced free of charge.

If you have already double checked that the sim card works in another phone, the code above basically means its fudged (im sure u knew that already).

I've always found the best way to solve problems like this is to go instore rather than sit on the phone for ages..

hope that helps.
Dan
Dan, next time you are in Brunel Way and you see Mr Ellery, poke him in the eye and tell him to get my wind turbines up
Old 04-05-2007, 01:32 PM
Redeye Jedi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by andyhardy
I work for a mobile phone network - the 6280 is an absolute nightmare of a phone, not to mention the charger problems they seem to have.

Nokia launched the 6288 to replace it and I'm just hoping they've fixed the problems with it otherwise we'll be getting all of them back in a few months.

Unfortunately for you, all the time the 6280 is in stock at O2's depots you'll get replacement 6280s in it's place under warranty.

Cheers,

Andy
Its a shame because when working the phone is awesome, i absolutely love it! But the problems are ridiculous! I just think that O2's returns proceedure leaves alot to be desired. The company i work for runs a very good returns proceedure which means we supply replacement parts prior to recieving the faulty units, therefore ensuring the customer is fully satisfied and at no inconvenience! Having had this service from O2 earlier in the contract i fail to understand why the cant do this again!