General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

What *edited*....

Search this Thread

Old 18-09-2004, 08:42 AM
jamieslittleracer
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What *edited*....

My recent lack of faith in honest people seems to be multiplying like rabbits...

Back in January i sort of crashed my car. It was a Mitsubishi Shogun. WE were all sitting at some traffic lights, and i was the right distance away, there were 2 cars infront and as we moved off the first car slammed on her brakes (she was in a little bmw m3) and so the modeo infront did, but by the time i did the power of my car as its a turbo 2.5l 4x4 beast... anyway my car litereally touched the car in front, so we pulled over and everyone got out, and i was abit upset but the lady was really nice and comforting me and they all said they were ok... and the car was drivable...

now, 9 months later i receive this form in the post. from the 2 ladies in teh car claiming for whiplash etc... (original hey?) and now claiming that their car was undrivable and that the driver smashed her head on the windscreen and that she was stationary at the traffic lights etc... anyway, its all bollocks and i remember that the said they were fine, until about 10 mins later the woman went off to ring her husband and came back with a performance not deserved of an oscar sudenly saying 'ooh my neck, its sore' and suddenly the other lady says 'oh mine too...' anyway. they knew i was only young and i was really upset and sorry and when we were there they were blaming the lady in the bmw for suddenly braking for no apparent reason and they were annoyed at her...

i know the insurance pays for the claim but its not the point.. whats this country coming too? what a bunch of money grabbing people who are well aware of their rights but not their responsibilities!

grrrrrr. katie x
Old 18-09-2004, 09:02 AM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its an unfortunate fact that people are looking for a free lunch and solictors and co that handle all these claims dont help matters either .. and its even worse when its on your expense!.

I just hope they fell proud of themselves for taking the money and ripping the Insurance Companies off ...maybe they might spend it on something worth while ...like a conscience!!!!
Old 18-09-2004, 09:07 AM
James Raby
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Sorry to say it, but EVERYONE claims for Whiplash, it's an obvious thing to do ain't it

No need to worry over it, a claim is a claim and that's all that matters for your insurance reasons

You'd do the same so
Old 18-09-2004, 09:43 AM
soulweavers
PassionFord Regular

Sorry to say this, but sue and claim for anything and everything started in America many years ago and now its a plague here, too easy to do and rewards are high, I used to employ 25 people and one person " claimed " she fell down some stairs and injured her back, no witness or anything else, the union supported her, my insurance paid out Ł10,000.00p to her, I got fined Ł5,000.00p by health and safety, after this 5 other employees made claims against me for other " injuries ", my solution, I closed the business. The insurance company said its just easier to pay out than fight a claim, good answer.
Old 18-09-2004, 10:08 AM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Originally Posted by soulweavers
my solution, I closed the business.
Its a shame and all, but Fuck me its a brilliant way to cunt them off. Hope you didnt give them references!
Old 18-09-2004, 10:41 AM
Hofajoab

one of my mates was in a crash about 6 months ago and sorted everything out then, the guy he crashed into was fine about it and he got his car fixed etc. Anyway just a few weeks ago the guy contacted my mate saying he wanted to go to court and claim for all sorts of stuff, i can't remember what though.

They're all a bunch of chancers.
Old 18-09-2004, 10:47 AM
jamieslittleracer

Originally Posted by James Raby
Sorry to say it, but EVERYONE claims for Whiplash, it's an obvious thing to do ain't it

You'd do the same so
thats the thing... i wouldnt do the same... theres no way if someone crashed into me id claim if nobody was hurt, the most important thing is that everyone was ok. insurance companies may be the bain of our lives but to be fair if we ever had a serious accident we would be screwed without them imo. so no, i would never lie to get money, thats dishonest and i couldnt bring myself to do it.
Old 18-09-2004, 10:48 AM
Uncle Henry
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

mate of mine did the same thing, he barely rolled into the back of another car in a traffic que. There was no damage at all to either car - not even a scratch, but they swapped details 'just in case'. It was an old couple he ran into and they have tried to claim for whiplash, loss of earnings, etc etc etc.

It's an utter joke that anyone can take a claim like that seriously when there wasnt even a mark on the car!!!

You should say she reversed into you and claim for whiplash yourself!
Old 18-09-2004, 12:16 PM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

I HATE this compensation culture we have at the moment, drives me totally mad

Oh I bough a coffie at my local Maccy D drivethrough put it on my dash and went round a corner and it went all over me and it was so hot it scalded me and scared me for life.

WTF DO YOU WANT TO BE DRINKING COFFEE IN A CAR FOR!!!!! Didn't you think that if you had to do anything evasive it would have spilt anyway!

AND OF COURSE ITS FUCKING HOT! What did you expect Did you want cold coffee???? Hmmmmm???? You would still complain wouldn't you?

And now this, blatantly taking the piss. Whats happend to people being honest.
Old 18-09-2004, 12:38 PM
saphycozzie-adz

when my old sapphire got rear ended me and my passenger were fine and i was only interested in getting me car fixed, not false whiplash claims. makes me sick i tell you. we only end up paying in the end due to increased premiums so what is the fookin point.
Old 18-09-2004, 12:39 PM
Simon

But its free money so take what you can thats what i reckon

simon
Old 18-09-2004, 12:51 PM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

if someone went into my car i would claim for everythin under the sun
Old 18-09-2004, 01:01 PM
markk
10K+ Poster!!

Received 105 Likes on 97 Posts

Simon,

but thats just it its not

the fact is that because of the foookin free loaders that claim when theres nothing worng is why your fookin insurance is so high , god there are some really fookin stupid people out there who just cant see futher than there own fookin nose ffs

and if like me you are very unfortunate to have had whiplash then you will know its no fookin joking matter - in fact everyone who claims should be injected to make sure you suffer - and i mean long term , i was the pasenger in 2 car accidents, where both cars were hit by others at speed, i was in hospital for a while after , now 5 years on im still siffering and im still having to PAY for drugs to sort out pains and stiffnes of the c-spine and still have to go to the hospital and still have to have physio therapy, ive no problem with the people who are genuine , you WILL need the money in later life , so for a few lousy thousand quid i have lost that in time off work - id rather have not had the pain then the cash
Old 18-09-2004, 01:06 PM
Simon

So mark you reckon if nobody claimed for whiplash or anything else insurance would come down in price, i dont think so the insurance companies would just pocket the extra money and make even more profit its the way of the world mate sorry

simon
Old 18-09-2004, 01:07 PM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by markk
Simon,

the fact is that because of the foookin free loaders that claim when theres nothing worng is why your fookin insurance is so high , god there are some really fookin stupid people out there who just cant see futher than there own fookin nose ffs

and if like me you are very unfortunate to have had whiplash then you will know its no fookin joking matter - in fact everyone who claims should be injected to make sure you suffer - and i mean long term , i was the pasenger in 2 car accidents, where both cars were hit by others at speed, i was in hospital for a while after , now 5 years on im still siffering and im still having to PAY for drugs to sort out pains and stiffnes of the c-spine and still have to go to the hospital and still have to have physio therapy, ive no problem with the people who are genuine , you WILL need the money in later life , so for a few lousy thousand quid i have lost that in time off work - id rather have not had the pain then the cash
I agree
Old 18-09-2004, 01:13 PM
frog
0-60 in 17 seconds (eek)

Default Re: What bullshit....

Originally Posted by jamieslittleracer
My recent lack of faith in honest people seems to be multiplying like rabbits...

Back in January i sort of crashed my car. It was a Mitsubishi Shogun. WE were all sitting at some traffic lights, and i was the right distance away, there were 2 cars infront and as we moved off the first car slammed on her brakes (she was in a little bmw m3) and so the modeo infront did, but by the time i did the power of my car as its a turbo 2.5l 4x4 beast... anyway my car litereally touched the car in front, so we pulled over and everyone got out, and i was abit upset but the lady was really nice and comforting me and they all said they were ok... and the car was drivable...

now, 9 months later i receive this form in the post. from the 2 ladies in the car claiming for whiplash etc... (original hey?) and now claiming that their car was undrivable and that the driver smashed her head on the windscreen and that she was stationary at the traffic lights etc... anyway, its all bollocks and i remember that the said they were fine, until about 10 mins later the woman went off to ring her husband and came back with a performance not deserved of an oscar sudenly saying 'ooh my neck, its sore' and suddenly the other lady says 'oh mine too...' anyway. they knew i was only young and i was really upset and sorry and when we were there they were blaming the lady in the bmw for suddenly braking for no apparent reason and they were annoyed at her...

i know the insurance pays for the claim but its not the point.. whats this country coming too? what a bunch of money grabbing people who are well aware of their rights but not their responsibilities!

grrrrrr. katie x
Katie, I don't think 9 months is a reasonable time to claim for something. Did they pursue a claim against you at the time, has it been resolved and all payments made ? If they didn't claim you might be able to get away with it, can't retrospectively claim that far back surely. If a payout was made for repairs to their car, etc... then that's it, end of. The claim has been closed now and they can't come back !
Sounds like you are having a hard time these days, don't be a victim and get your insurance company / 3rd party liability sollicitor to earn some money for their work.
As for money grabbing - well - that's what the world is coming to unfortunately.
Old 18-09-2004, 01:16 PM
frog
0-60 in 17 seconds (eek)

Oh, and if thy now claim the car was undriveable, how come they haven't put a claim in at the time... Nine months is a lot of time without a car...
Old 18-09-2004, 02:17 PM
SteveT
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

It pisses me off when people make false claims!! I bet we all know ppl that have made bogus whiplash claims! Make's me mad!

They say things like "it's OK, I pay fucking loads for insurance anyway" or "its not hurting anyone, just the insurance company".

I can't stand ppl like that - dumb twats! Thats why insurance is so high. Insurance company pays for it... yes... um... But who pays the insurance company. We do!!! These chancers are not ripping off the insurance company, there are ripping us off. Ripping you off. And there are ppl (even here) that encourage it. Thanks for ripping me off... its a pleasure being cheated.

With this kinda thing on the increase, and even seen as socially acceptable to do, we can all look forward to ever increasing insurance premiums...

steve
Old 18-09-2004, 02:35 PM
Rs Gary
PassionFord Regular

i have been hit from behind 4 times and NOT ONCE claimed for whiplash,its all bollox dont these people know that we ALL pay for it in the end with higher insurance
cheeRS gary
AKA shrek
Old 18-09-2004, 02:41 PM
Muska
Advanced PassionFord User

there should be a liability clause written into insurance policies that you cant bullshit them about injuries sustained. Obv this goes as far afield as bend doctors aswel, goes to show everyone and anyone out there is out for a fast buck. What will it take for the world to change...
Old 18-09-2004, 03:06 PM
frog
0-60 in 17 seconds (eek)

Originally Posted by muska_funsta
What will it take for the world to change...
It will change when lawers and sollicitors stop looking for a fast buck. Not fair to blame the docs I think, it's easy to go to the surgery and complain about a bad neck, not much they can do to check.

But, when your sollicitor says - hang on to your claim, the longer is goes on for the more money you get, he/she doesn't say how much of that money goes into their pocket - easy money for them that.
Old 18-09-2004, 03:12 PM
Muska

true frog but you must have seen a documentry on tv at some point, showing neglegence from doctors, not even checking the patients over, plus many doctors have something going with these 'claim' people where they get a bung for seeing a patient... thats what i blame them for, encouraging it all.
Old 18-09-2004, 04:10 PM
frog
0-60 in 17 seconds (eek)

No I didn't see the program m8, now, if you say there are backhand and under the table deals going on, fair enough.
However, if it wasn't for the lawyers in the first place, none of this would be happening.

Too many do-gooders in the world these days. One day kids will be allowed (by law) to tell their parents what time they should go to bed - and so society progresses
Old 18-09-2004, 04:14 PM
The Sludge
garibaldi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all this compensation lark is all thanks to the USA culture. It is something we are all going to have tobe careful about. As a Store Manager I see countless claims for daftness, for example, guy cuts himslf on a shelf sticking out. Compensation??? Ł750. Bloody joke if you ask me
Old 19-09-2004, 03:51 PM
Muska

employees should be made to sign a liability form saying that their own idiotic actions do NOT mean they are entitled to money from employers pockets!!
Old 19-09-2004, 04:16 PM
richm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

this thread has made me fkin
some of the replies on here just highlight the sort of shite society that we now live in.. some of the stuff posted I just find unbefvckinleivable.. I'm not gonna bother commenting further, suffice to say that i shall just have to make a mental note of a few selfish tossers with no social conscience whatsoever, to avoid dealing with or meeting them in the future...

Katie, agree entirely with your view, you got PM instead..
Old 19-09-2004, 05:03 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Official PassionFord Trader
Administrator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by markk
Simon,

Couldnt agree more, i still cant climb fookin ladders safely or do all 4 spark plugs in a cossie without pain at the last plug.. Bollox to a lousy few grand swopped for years of pain
Old 19-09-2004, 06:12 PM
Billabong
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Couldn't agree more with Markk, Stu & Rudey