General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Buying 2.0 Zetec Mondeo

Search this Thread

Old 22-04-2007, 06:37 PM
JayKay
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying 2.0 Zetec Mondeo

Right, after my dilemma a couple of weeks ago about whether or not I should keep my Vectra SRi or sell it and buy an Omega, I eventually thought "fuck it" and that I would sell the Vectra, put another MoT on my Mondeo (which only cost £70 at auction and is a sound runner) and just run that into the ground.

So, I whacked the Vectra in the AdMag last week and got somebody coming to look at it tomorrow night. Which should mean that if it sells, ill have a wad of cash in my hand.

Anyway, that aside, I was surfin autotrader this morning and I saw 2 MK2 Mondeo 2.0 Zetecs for sale, both on T plates, in silver, with around 100k miles on the clock going for between £1200 and £1300. Anyway ive always said that the 2 Mondeos ive owned (the M reg 1.8 TD and my old R reg 1.8TD) would have been so much better had they been either 1.8 or 2.0 petrols and I think they drive well, so have decided that once the Vectra goes im going to go have a look at these 2 Zetecs if they are still available.

So, my question is, what kinda things should I be looking for mechanically with these cars? What are the most common problems etc (e.g. with the diesels its cambelt failures etc etc) obviously I know the common bodywork problem areas etc.

Cheers folks

John