General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Do any radar detectors actually work??

Search this Thread

Old 22-04-2007, 02:58 PM
LeviA
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do any radar detectors actually work??

I had a Snooper S5 a while back and sold it since I thought it was cack. It supposedly was meant to pick up the cameras in the vans... it never seemed to work. Do any of you lads have any recommendations as to what radar/laser detectors actually pick these laser guns up? (for a sensible price of course!) Ta
Old 22-04-2007, 03:20 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got a cronky old VALENTINE and that picks them up no probs.
To be honest don't even have it in the car anymore, can always spot them, but I will get caught one day!!
I saw a van on the A11 today between WYMONDHAM and NORWICH, looking for norwich bound speeders, my trick is to out 4 ways on and slow down to 65 or so in outside lane.
If you watch the car spacing I have noticed the lack of bumper hoggers when cameras are about, they all spread out so is a clue, even better when you know th area so you know where they will be.
tabetha
Old 22-04-2007, 03:21 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

by the time any laser picks up the signal from the camera vans its to late unless you catch some 'scatter' from them targetting the car in front of you. i used to use a road angel when i was on 9 points but dont bother now as i have a clean licence.it did the job and saved me a couple of times.
Old 22-04-2007, 04:02 PM
Adam Ash
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I use an Origin B2 with the Radar attachment, Thing is I'm pretty sure I've never been anywhere near a police radar so dont know if it works yet. lol

It picks up EVERYTHING else though and you even get about 60 seconds warning as it uses a GPS database so knows where they all are.. Its a propper bit of kit and the only one i would trust
Old 22-04-2007, 06:20 PM
LeviA
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

That's the problem! The cameras aren't any problem but I got 3 points the other month for doing 61 in a 50 on a dual carriageway (stupid roadworks!)

The vans are the real bastards!!!!