General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Anyone see GMTV this morn? RE the USA shootings?

Search this Thread

Old 18-04-2007, 09:58 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts
Default Anyone see GMTV this morn? RE the USA shootings?

The iraqi, american war thread reminded me of this

Cos of the shootings Andrew Castle was interviewing an American spokesmen.

Basically in not so many words:

Castle: ''So, with the tragic shootings at this school, are you now going to tighten the laws drastically on gun crime etc''

American Spokesman(fuckwit) '' Erm, not as such''

Castle '' What do you mean, surely america needs to do something now after this''

Fuckwit '' Erm, well yeah. we are looking into giving the teachers guns''

LMFAO What kind of nation are they

Also mate said he saw bush being interviewd and he said'' those kids were in the wrong place at the wrong time'' FFS they were at uni/school
Old 18-04-2007, 10:04 PM
©hatter Box
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

usa will never change on guns that fuckwit also said all people should have them so if this happens again it will stop people dying
Old 18-04-2007, 10:05 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

fella, the day it happened george bush said that america would stand by the second amendment, which is the rite to arm yourself, it will never change.
Old 18-04-2007, 10:06 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Is it something like 29000 deaths per year related to gun crime over there??

Unbeliveable.
Old 18-04-2007, 10:34 PM
DROPTOP
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.shoutfile.com/v/gSfSsCpR/...e_Stupid?rp=13

Old 18-04-2007, 11:34 PM
Carlsworth
Former Sponsor

agreed,...

in canada they have guns,....lots of guns,...and not even 1% of the shootings america has,...but then the license laws are way stricter...

mainly inbred monkies that can buy a gun for $50, and shoot anyone they want in ameria,...on any street corner ...

Trending Topics

Old 18-04-2007, 11:47 PM
Katie

There need to be better licensing systems on firearms as to who can have them...thus reducing the idiots that have them, but not restricting the right to protect yourself...

The gun laws over here are mental too, nobody is allowed them so the only people with them are the people who you'd need to arm yourself against anyway...same with knives or anything..I'm not saying everybody carry a gun...but surely certain members of society could be trusted with them...hell, what about the olympic sportsmen who have to train abroad to avoid breaking laws here regarding the automatic rifles?

A lot of the gun laws only protect you against people who own a gun but probably wouldn't use it...they don't protect you against people who'd shoot you with a gun whether it's legal or not as they want to kill you which is always illegal anyway so why would they be bothered if owning the gun is an offence...catch 22..
Old 19-04-2007, 06:23 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Makes ya laugh too when guns a rife like that, a free for all to shoot each other....but yet MDF is BANNED as it is dangerous to your health LMAO
Old 19-04-2007, 06:29 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlsworth
agreed,...

in canada they have guns,....lots of guns,...and not even 1% of the shootings america has,...but then the license laws are way stricter...

mainly inbred monkies that can buy a gun for $50, and shoot anyone they want in ameria,...on any street corner ...
thats all it needs
Old 19-04-2007, 06:36 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Matt J
Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
Makes ya laugh too when guns a rife like that, a free for all to shoot each other....but yet MDF is BANNED as it is dangerous to your health LMAO
The Iranians will be making MDF shields as we speak
lmao....they will be sending MDF powder in letters to people all around the US fook anthrax
Old 19-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

lol
Old 19-04-2007, 08:39 PM
Dannn
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

First off I am very anti guns etc just incase my comments come across the wrong way.

Anyway we were chatting about this in the office today. One of the chaps said he saw an interview with one of the fuckwit NRA cunts.

Anyway the fuckwit said something like it is their right to own one blah blah and to defend themselves blah blah.

fuckwit then said something like if some of the students had used their right and were carry guns the gunman would have been killed way before he killed 32 people.

And I hate to say it - the cunt is probably right!!

Its also interesting that there is gun crime in the United Kingdom but no one is allowed to legally even up the scrore and own their own....!

Anyway I think the school killing thing has nothing to do with gun laws really. Its now a cool cult sick copycat kind of thing to do for fuck in the head individuals. It will happen again and it will be worse (may not even be in the USA, perhaps the UK?) - the trick is to somehow minimise the death toll when it begins - arming teachers may work but a better idea may be to have armed security guards.....!
Old 19-04-2007, 08:44 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

i dont think its anything to do with gun laws either dan, but you gotta laugh at the Americans with the shit thye spout... You could go on forever saying they can defend themselves...cant ya

if some of the students had used their right and were carry GRENADES the gunman would have been killed way before he killed 32 people.

LMFAO
Old 19-04-2007, 10:54 PM
terrytennick
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Originally Posted by Katie
There need to be better licensing systems on firearms as to who can have them...thus reducing the idiots that have them, but not restricting the right to protect yourself...

The gun laws over here are mental too, nobody is allowed them so the only people with them are the people who you'd need to arm yourself against anyway...same with knives or anything..I'm not saying everybody carry a gun...but surely certain members of society could be trusted with them...hell, what about the olympic sportsmen who have to train abroad to avoid breaking laws here regarding the automatic rifles?

A lot of the gun laws only protect you against people who own a gun but probably wouldn't use it...they don't protect you against people who'd shoot you with a gun whether it's legal or not as they want to kill you which is always illegal anyway so why would they be bothered if owning the gun is an offence...catch 22..

Hit the nail bang on the head there.

The more they fcuk about with the gun laws in this country the faster the increase in gun crime.

The only people affected by those laws are those who obey them. something very wrong with that situation.

We cannot go the way the Americans have, people have been far too brainwashed for that to work, people now truly belve that guns are evil, and ignore the fact that its the cunt pulling the trigger thats doing the harm. We cant continue to ban firearms as that is OBVIOUSLY not working.

The only thing left to do is EDUCATE people. and PUNISH people who, once educated, continue to abuse the system.

Guns are not bad. PEOPLE are bad. and if someone want to kill you theyll kill you, whether it be a legally held firearm, a banned weapon, or a bloody meat cleaver.

The only reason gun crime is so high profile is because of media induced hysteria following some very high profile incidents (and i do not detract from what happened in any way, merely the way its reported) and subsequent government fuckups, errrr, solutions.

If we didnt make these twats think guns were all that then they probably wouldnt bother. now they think theyre cool, and they know theres fuck all chance of getting done of course theyll go shooting.

Ive been lucky enough to be around firearms most of my life, my job now means I come into contact with them regularly. As a result I'm not afraid of guns, but I am very aware of the consequences of misuse.

Righty, a little bit of a rant, and completely off the point i was actually intending to make, which is

DONT compare Americans to the rest of the world when it comes to guns and gun crime, they have a fucked up system based on their "rights" whereas many countries with MORE firearms per head have considerably LESS problems. As already pointed out the Canadians are a good example, and they only live 2 minutes away

( reckon its all the frenchies in canada surrendering thier weapons instead of shooting them, bound to have low gun crime when they dont shoot )
Old 20-04-2007, 07:49 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The second ammendmant is thr right to bear arms, NOT the right to carry guns there is a difference which has been disputed for years.
Basically it states that is is "LAWFUL TO FORM A MILITIA TO BEAR ARMS", "AGAINST OPPRESSORS", some interpret this as a right of anybody to carry a gun, others argue this means merely the right of the country as a whole to defend itself against an invading force, NOT for individuals to carry guns.
In UTAH it is legal to carry a gun at 14 years of age, but NOT to drink till 21.
Americans have a a saying "GUNS DO NOT KILL, PEOPLE DO", presumably this is why they let people have guns so they can kill ?
tabetha
Old 20-04-2007, 08:45 AM
nilrem
STOP!... Carry on

Originally Posted by DROPTOP
http://www.shoutfile.com/v/gSfSsCpR/Why_People_Believe_Americans_Are_Stupid?rp=13

thats tooo worrying... im actually quite scared about that last bit... if Gay Bush decided to push the button, then it would seem that they would support him all the way... even if its on there doorstep...
Old 20-04-2007, 09:06 AM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

Thing is if you lived in a society where fear is so prominent, crime so violent, where the media are sensationalising every story they can, and you knew/thought that there's a chance that you or your family could be car jacked or mugged by an armed robber wouldn't you be tempted to pop down to your local arms store and use the second amendment, just in case?

I wonder how many people in the UK have started carrying weapons (knives, baseball bats, pepper spray etc...) in light of the shocking crime stories we've had rammed down our throats via the news and internet in recent years. I wonder how many criminals have responded to the threat of armed police squads in the UK by simply arming themselves?

How about that bank robbery in Hollywood where the police were out gunned by the robbers and couldn't shoot through their bullet proof vests. Resorting in the end to having to buy semi automatic rifles from a local gun store to tackle them.

The modern world is one of isolated communication, we speak to people via phones and the Internet all over the world yet don't know and trust our own neighbours. We trust only those close to us and treat every stranger like a potential enemy.

It's a vicious circle, one person arms themselves and the knock on effect is others arm themselves in defence. You give police guns to shoot and criminals and it's only likely criminals will buy guns to shoot back, and then the public will buy guns to defend themselves from the criminals. We have to appreciate that the UK is slowly creeping in the same direction. We laugh and mock the Americans as being screwed up but we may be seeing major gun control problems on our own doorstep very soon, maybe it already is a major problem.

You can't undo something like this by tightening gun control laws, it's far too late for that. The issue has festered into something uncontrollable and so desperate that I'm not surprised the response to students with guns is teachers with guns.