General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Very annoyed indeed!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 09:04 PM
Hank Moody
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very annoyed indeed!!!!!!!

****Title edited by webteam to remove offensive word****

Last edited by Hank Moody; 12-06-2013 at 11:07 PM.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:09 PM
CabbyRS

Na ur not crazy mate I'm a villa fan (someone has to be !!!) and there'd be absolutely no chance my kids would wear a blues kit, no fuckin chance at all!!
think u need to sabotage it mate thats ur best bet or buy the celtic home away and training gear
Old 01-04-2007, 09:10 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd fucking bin it. No way were my kids supporting the mancs or the blues
Old 01-04-2007, 09:19 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Torch it mate....
Old 01-04-2007, 09:32 PM
peteh
PassionFord Post Whore!!

it's a game
Old 01-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: pissed off!!!!!!

Originally Posted by terreto
her parents just came home from holidays with a f***ing chelsea kit for my five month old son

im a staunch celtic supporter and i really dont want to him to wear it

am i crazy?
yea why let your son wear something that he may like, even if its just for the colours..... its so apparent hes going to follow your examples in life..

I would hope that your son would appreciate the game before actually having his mind made up for him regarding which team to support.

Its blue and white shirt and shorts FFS , its not going to make him go to hell, its not going to make him homosexual... and above all things its not going to make him an individual, there are many years ahead where you will be able to run his life and with greater impact

You should be thankfull the grand parents take interest

Get a grip
Old 01-04-2007, 09:44 PM
Hank Moody

Last edited by Hank Moody; 12-06-2013 at 11:07 PM.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:46 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Default Re: pissed off!!!!!!

Originally Posted by UnseenMenace
her parents just came home from holidays with a f***ing chelsea kit for my five month old son

im a staunch celtic supporter and i really dont want to him to wear it

am i crazy?
yea why let your son wear something that he may like, even if its just for the colours..... its so apparent hes going to follow your examples in life..

I would hope that your son would appreciate the game before actually having his mind made up for him regarding which team to support.

Its blue and white shirt and shorts FFS , its not going to make him go to hell, its not going to make him homosexual... and above all things its not going to make him an individual, there are many years ahead where you will be able to run his life and with greater impact

You should be thankfull the grand parents take interest

Get a grip
you are SOOOO not rudey

btw my old man is a arsenal fan, i HATE football and only watch it for the atmosphere in the pub,, i even get offered free tickets to the emirates for champions league games from work but turn em down

anyway my old man bought my little one the full kit and she LOVES IT, seriously she wont take it off and its also a great bonding thing for her and my old man,,, as hes SHITE with kids and my little one loves him and when he comes round she gets changed into it all the time

so in a nutshell you ARE mad as the MOST important thing in life is YOUR KID IS HAPPY AND LEARNS TO TRUST HER WHOLE FAMILY !!!!

id NEVER stop my little girl from doing ANYTHING just cause im against it, if that was the case she wouldnt be able to do fuck all ha ha
Old 01-04-2007, 09:48 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

[quote="terreto"]no offence to you voicing your opinion but to a celtic fan a chelsea jersey might aswell be a rangers jersey.... its not just a blue and white football strip[/quote

ffs, does your boy LIKE it, if so aint that MORE important than a fucking football game

would i get upset if an anyone bought Elise a peugeot car cause its not a ford

would i FUCK

think you need to get some counciling mate,,, as you seem WELL insecure, do you let your missus go out on girly nights out aswell,,,, thought not
Old 01-04-2007, 10:04 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

any real football fan will say no as they will know of the rangers/chelsea tie ups with you being a celtic man. im a hearts fan and wouldnt dress my boy in a hibs strip even if the fucking queen bought him it. it might be just a blue football strip to those who know or care nothing about football but not to those who actually support a team.whats wrong with leading your boy down the path of you your dad and probably his dad before him, thats how people usually end up supporting teams.thats a bond you have with your boy,taking him to a game on a saturday afternoon. unless they are just glory hunters from out of town ....
Old 01-04-2007, 10:06 PM
Hank Moody

Originally Posted by fuzzy
any real football fan will say no as they will know of the rangers/chelsea tie ups with you being a celtic man. im a hearts fan and wouldnt dress my boy in a hibs strip even if the fucking queen bought him it. it might be just a blue football strip to those who know or care nothing about football but not to those who actually support a team.whats wrong with leading your boy down the path of you your dad and probably his dad before him, thats how people usually end up supporting teams.thats a bond you have with your boy,taking him to a game on a saturday afternoon. unless they are just glory hunters from out of town ....
thank you...real good quote of the day....
Old 01-04-2007, 10:07 PM
Hank Moody

[.....................

Last edited by Hank Moody; 12-06-2013 at 11:08 PM.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:23 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

[quote="terreto"]
Originally Posted by Ginge !
no offence to you voicing your opinion but to a celtic fan a chelsea jersey might aswell be a rangers jersey.... its not just a blue and white football strip[/quote

ffs, does your boy LIKE it, if so aint that MORE important than a fucking football game

would i get upset if an anyone bought Elise a peugeot car cause its not a ford

would i FUCK

think you need to get some counciling mate,,, as you seem WELL insecure, do you let your missus go out on girly nights out aswell,,,, thought not
you shud read the post.. hes five months old! theres a diff between a make of car and a football team choice!!!
nope mate, theres NOT a difference, its a fucking sport not a political war ffs

christ that poor child is 5 months old and already hes being told what hes choices are in life

let the poor lad grow and be his OWN person,,, this is comming from a bloke who from the moment wwe moved to london ( my old man is from here though might i add) he dragged me to EVERY home arsenal game to FORCE me to support the arsenal,,,, now,,, and heres the BEST BIT

I FUCKING HATE THE GAME JUST CAUSE OF IT, i used to enjoy football but to my old man its MORE than a game, he STILL goes to every game and when i used to work for frank mcclintock he used to act like i was working for micheal jackson,,, seriously mate think about what you typed

as said my old man mad football seem like a punishment as he used me as
A )a excuse to watch the game " taking my boy to the football"
and B) made me dread going cause all my mates who play out on satruday and i would finish the football then be in that fucking TINY WEENY supporters club till 10pm at night whilst the old man SOMEHOW played pool with his other football chums

fucking dont get that and i HATE the game

just hope your boy dont end up like me i guess
Old 01-04-2007, 10:23 PM
Escy
Advanced PassionFord User

If he's 5 months old, he'll be grown out of it in a few months anyway. It's not like it's going to set a path he'll follow for ever. Put him in it when they come to see him. No hardship.

That said, i'd be fucked off if a son of mine had a Swansea strip.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:40 PM
Hank Moody

...................................!

Last edited by Hank Moody; 12-06-2013 at 11:09 PM.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:44 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

chelsea suportors wont be offended,,,,,, non of em actualy live there anyway and its just a trendy team to support not a religion like it is to you
Old 02-04-2007, 06:15 AM
vx220

Originally Posted by peteh
it's a game
not quite...

it's ONLY a game
Old 02-04-2007, 07:07 AM
Cossie Helen
10K+ Poster!!

All this fuss over a football shirt

Got nothing else better in life to get in a flap over?
Old 02-04-2007, 07:29 AM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Sounds like the grandparents are just trying to ram their belief/club onto your kid before you have him supporting celtic. I'd be well pissed off and so would most who appreciate football. Those who don't will see no harm.

Football is no different to religion, church or football stadium, hymms or club chants its all what we each believe in and what brings us together. Both can course riots or peace. Tell them to get an international strip instead until hes ready or old enough to make up his own mind about club football.

Imagine if you and your partner wanted your child to be brought up catholic or whatever and someone in your familly started pushing them in the direction of islam, i bet some non football fans would have another view then. Besides a chelsea kit could scar him for life.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:15 AM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

Originally Posted by skeg
Sounds like the grandparents are just trying to ram their belief/club onto your kid before you have him supporting celtic. I'd be well pissed off and so would most who appreciate football. Those who don't will see no harm.
I see it as grandparents taking interest in the child, whatever their motivation or your beliefs I feel it is wrong to take away the choice regarding what the child wears or supports away from the child once it is old enough to make such choices.... At 5 months old the clothes are warm and comfortable thats all that matters to a child.... what the parents make of these clothes are another thing.

Imagine if you and your partner wanted your child to be brought up catholic or whatever and someone in your familly started pushing them in the direction of islam, i bet some non football fans would have another view then. Besides a chelsea kit could scar him for life.
I am actually a dedicated and enthusiastic follower of a team however my child chooses not to follow this team. I must admit that I am disappointed by this as it would give us something else to share however I feel it is wrong to force my choices on my child.
Its also worth mentioning that my child and I do not share or follow the same religious views either...
A role of a parent is to ensure that the child is aware they are loved, educated and that they have the ability to live life in a happy and responsible manner later as an Adult

I find it exceptionally sad, that more thought is being given to a football team than the child by some, these are simply clothes that you no longer need to buy which allows the parents to direct funds to an alternative item of benefit to the child.... its that simple
Old 02-04-2007, 09:17 AM
vx220

what you have to understand is that taking something away is as bad as giving something.

as said, forcing a youngster to wear something or NOT wear something will probably have the opposite effect.

personally, i don't follow football. but this is more to do with disliking any form of hero-worship that takes over your life (be it sporting, entertainment, religion)

i grew up with my dad playing country and western everywhere, in the car, in the house. i grew up HATING it! but as i get older, i'm starting to "not mind" a bit of willie nelson, and quite like johnny cash

i know he's young, but give him the choice. show him whatever it is you think he should be wearing, and see if he likes it.

i'm sure we've all worn something we didn't like at some point in our lives, to keep mum/dad/grandparents/whoever happy?

i have the photos to prove
Old 03-04-2007, 12:07 AM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by UnseenMenace

I see it as grandparents taking interest in the child, whatever their motivation or your beliefs I feel it is wrong to take away the choice regarding what the child wears or supports away from the child once it is old enough to make such choices.... At 5 months old the clothes are warm and comfortable thats all that matters to a child.... what the parents make of these clothes are another thing.

I am actually a dedicated and enthusiastic follower of a team however my child chooses not to follow this team. I must admit that I am disappointed by this as it would give us something else to share however I feel it is wrong to force my choices on my child.
Its also worth mentioning that my child and I do not share or follow the same religious views either...
A role of a parent is to ensure that the child is aware they are loved, educated and that they have the ability to live life in a happy and responsible manner later as an Adult

I find it exceptionally sad, that more thought is being given to a football

team than the child by some, these are simply clothes that you no longer need to buy which allows the parents to direct funds to an alternative item of benefit to the child.... its that simple

WHICH is why i said tell them to get an International shirt until hes old enough to make up his own mind, kind of blows out your argument about taking away the childs rites, but then you didn't quote that part of my post did you. No one says you have to bully and order your child to wear the shirt of your team but other members of the familly doing it is just the same as well. Generous, potentially caring or not.

If anyone should be buying their son a football shirt surely it should be the father, thats something most want to do, get them their first strip, teach them to ride a bike and a whole host of other things, thousands of things.

The grandparents probably mean well but i'd be pissed off a little, i mean we are talking about Chelski here after all.

Its also worth mentioning that my child and I do not share or follow the same religious views either..
Thats fantastic, good for you.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:54 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

What about when he is older and has followed his fathers steps and now 10 years on is a die hard supporter like his dad? He will thank you for not letting him wear the shirt mate. Store it away until he is 18 and you and him can have his first pint while standing over the fire with the shirt on the fire.

If I ever found out my dad had let someone put me in an everton shirt I would kick him hard in the bollocks.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:59 AM
Mark B
Advanced PassionFord User

Grow up, its only a shirt. you should be happy your family have taken a intrest in your son. Where do you stay an ill send over a rangers one too so he has the set....
Old 03-04-2007, 10:13 AM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Really... The whole Rangers and Celtic thing is something which alot of english folk dont fully appreciate, it really is crazy, stabings, murders over a colour etc...

Given hes only 5month though, id keep it, and maybe put him in it every now and then when the grandfolks come over

He'll be grown out of it soon enough.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:17 AM
Cawood
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i aint even a proper football fan, support bradford city FFS

i see where your coming from mate, just bin it
Old 03-04-2007, 10:23 AM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by Coldo
Really... The whole Rangers and Celtic thing is something which alot of english folk dont fully appreciate, it really is crazy, stabings, murders over a colour etc...

)
But dont you think thats pathetic?
Old 03-04-2007, 10:29 AM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Rhys

)
Of course buddy, no doubt about it.

Thing is, its showing no signs of stopping, fathers fathers fouhgt against each other back in the day, their sons done it, their sons do it and so on.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:31 AM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

)

Thing is, its showing no signs of stopping, fathers fathers fouhgt against each other back in the day, their sons done it, their sons do it and so on.
Yup most proberly caused by people with owt all to fookin do. Winds my up people who want to kill other people in another shirt. i mean grow up FFS. Ok harmless banter is all good fun, but people take it too far.

These people should look to what happened in Northen Ireland recently.

One of reason i dont like football is all the agro associated with it. You dont get that in Rugby or really any other sport in the UK

Old 03-04-2007, 10:44 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

)
Of course it is Rhys! But you probably have NO idea how bad it is! My mate is a hradcore Rangers fan as is his dad. My mate wont even eat green fruit pastilles or other green sweeties! He'd even grow blue grass if he could

There's another guy i know offshore who is MENTAL into rangers. One of his daughters has initials RFC and other daughter is Teri Durrant McCoist Hately blah blah 6 more names blah Cameron! ANyway when you go to a new rig you have to wear a green hard hat to indicate you maybe dont know the place that well. This guy goes nuts at this and wears a second hat underneath so the green one doesnt touch his head
Old 03-04-2007, 11:54 AM
Katie

)

Yup most proberly caused by people with owt all to fookin do. Winds my up people who want to kill other people in another shirt. i mean grow up FFS. Ok harmless banter is all good fun, but people take it too far.

These people should look to what happened in Northen Ireland recently.

One of reason i dont like football is all the agro associated with it. You dont get that in Rugby or really any other sport in the UK

Exactly. Take the Welsh rugby supporters...actually happy to have been beaten by the Irish as ''Ohhh well, it's the Irish, we love the Irish''
Old 03-04-2007, 12:08 PM
Cossie Helen
10K+ Poster!!

PMSL

Newcastle - Sunderland is another example of crazy stupid things happening all because of the coulors people choose to wear. May not be as bad now, but used to be, so think we do fully apreciate it !!
Old 03-04-2007, 12:17 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

i would;nt go as far as didn't care Katie. imo people who say that are trying to hide their true feelings

Lambchop yeah know how bad it is, read quite a bit and watch documentaries about it. but i dunno its still strange in this day and age and people need to look at them selves and think wtf are they actually causing all the hassel for. Infact if they didnt know they where from the opposite side they might have a lot in common
Old 03-04-2007, 12:32 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Cossie Helen

PMSL

Newcastle - Sunderland is another example of crazy stupid things happening all because of the coulors people choose to wear. May not be as bad now, but used to be, so think we do fully apreciate it !!

If you are comparing the old firm, to a Newcastle Sunderland derby match then i think you really dont appreciate it!
Old 03-04-2007, 12:37 PM
rabmc
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Hail Hail
Old 03-04-2007, 12:46 PM
Cossie Helen
10K+ Poster!!

PMSL

If you are comparing the old firm, to a Newcastle Sunderland derby match then i think you really dont appreciate it!
I do apreciate it thanks, But you speak like theres no other "firms" in the country I think that its pathetic that people get so charged up all because of a game of football
Old 03-04-2007, 02:08 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

PMSL

I do apreciate it thanks, But you speak like theres no other "firms" in the country I think that its pathetic that people get so charged up all because of a game of football
Of course their is other "firms", but i strongly doubt that newcastle sunderland has the same venom that a Celtic Rangers game has?
Old 03-04-2007, 02:47 PM
arkley

PMSL

Of course their is other "firms", but i strongly doubt that newcastle sunderland has the same venom that a Celtic Rangers game has?
Maybe it doesn't but getting chased by a gang with a knife isn't fair on me for just wearing a toon top is it?

I love football, but some people just take it too far IMO.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:25 PM
Hank Moody

could the mod that edited the title of my post please take one of the "r"s out of verry

thank you....
Old 04-04-2007, 09:07 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

could the mod that edited the title of my post please take one of the "r"s out of verry

thank you....
Why don't you do it yourself?

Go back to first post and click edit

Quick Reply: Very annoyed indeed!!!!!!!