General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

FAO all the blade beaters

Search this Thread

Old 16-03-2007, 04:31 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

and peak gear box breaking torque occurs ?
Old 16-03-2007, 04:59 PM
rapidcossie
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not sure....prob around when it hits full boost
Old 16-03-2007, 05:25 PM
Hooligan
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

5th gear tested A Gallardo versus a 999 round a track, Tiff in the car and a bikejourno on the 999, 999 was quicker on a full lap by a few tenths, accelerating much harder out of the bends apperantly.

I've ridden loads of bikes, just got in from a blast on a Hayabusa infact, and I can tell you most bikes aren't as quick as people make them out to be...I remember all the stories about the R1 when it first came "wheelies in every gear mate" and all that bollox...

I'm sure bikes can be beat by cars in circumstances favouring the car and the exact same the other way round

Hayabusa is proper quick by the way, especially the powerdelivery is very entertaining as it just fucks off the moment you crack open the throttle
Old 16-03-2007, 05:44 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

and when the busa gets to 150 it gets a second wind fookin fast bike but doesn't like corners
Old 16-03-2007, 05:45 PM
rapidcossie
10K+ Poster!!

cossie would eat it
Old 16-03-2007, 06:03 PM
toff

Discussion like this is why a like Pf

Any way a think euan was surprised how quick a 600 can go. A knew it would be close and happy we can have some banter while out and about, but if he wants to go for it on the twistie well ill get the 3dr out lol
Old 16-03-2007, 06:07 PM
rapidcossie
10K+ Poster!!

Old 16-03-2007, 07:21 PM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

i blew my engine racing a bike down the M4 - was neck and neck up the slip road and i was right on his tail at over 150mph trying to get the fucker to move over so i was on and off the gas until i dropped a valve which took the whole engine with it
Old 16-03-2007, 07:29 PM
rapidcossie
10K+ Poster!!

Maybe my cossie aint as fast as i thought...

everyone seems to be able to keep up or beat bikes

Funny yho as last nite my car scared me....just a wee bit
Old 16-03-2007, 07:39 PM
NEIL A
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Only time i have had a proper play with a bike was a few years ago in my scooby. Was a gsxr600 wasnt doing too bad against it to around a 100 then he was starting to pull, then seen a cossie in my rear view so pulled over and it passed me then the bike like we were stopped.
Found out a few weeks later that it was Kev Sharp out for a spin and decided to join in.
Old 16-03-2007, 07:48 PM
Hooligan

Tony, they speed of the thing didn't impress me so much (in the sense that any 1000 cc or larger sportsbike is fucking fast anyway) but I found the powerdelivery so instantanious and sharp

Very stable bike through the corners untill you realise you're going to fast and need to lean it over more...you really have to push it in the corners, heavy and stubborn machine!
Old 16-03-2007, 07:54 PM
rabmc
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Old 16-03-2007, 08:33 PM
puddy

Originally Posted by dingy
Originally Posted by glancy2081
a new gsxr will run low 11s straight out the box what does a 500bhp cosworth run
OK example...

Terry davis mk2 run's low tens

My car is no slower once rolling from say 100-150 than his

My 1/4 best is 12.2 though LOL....
whats your best terminal and 1/8th mile speeds,I think terry is gaining

30-40 mph in the second 1/8th

puddy
Old 16-03-2007, 09:31 PM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by NEIL A
Only time i have had a proper play with a bike was a few years ago in my scooby. Was a gsxr600 wasnt doing too bad against it to around a 100 then he was starting to pull, then seen a cossie in my rear view so pulled over and it passed me then the bike like we were stopped.
Found out a few weeks later that it was Kev Sharp out for a spin and decided to join in.
the guy i raced with the r1 was from down your way neil i think he was from methil,he had a blue 3door at one time aswell.
Old 16-03-2007, 09:39 PM
NEIL A
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

That would of been Pete he normaly goes about on the back wheel with Swany on the red and black R1. Pete had a 3 door up till about 3 years ago keeps on talking about getting another one.
Old 16-03-2007, 09:55 PM
baba

theres a guy i know whos fairly handy on his "breathed upon"r1 who i reakon would get away from most high horse power cars.
personaly im not in to bikes but he passed me in my t5r when i was accellerating at around 130 on the back wheel.theres a video of him up here wheeling it the lenght of road roundabout-roundabout=1.2miles at around 120-130.
but the guys a fucking phsyco.
Old 16-03-2007, 11:12 PM
NUTTIN RILLA
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Lambchop
Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird
For ages i've been threatening to video my cossie against my bike to show the difference in REAL terms and not pub talk. I think when its back together i'll get this done. Can show any situation from rolling start to starting at 100mph

Now do i let someone ride my bike or drive my car?
Why bother - YOUR car is slow ?
PS to PROVE to all blind cossie owners with their stage 3 conversions that they will get TRASHED by a bike!
Sorry chops im going to disagree, i didnt read the full thread but i`ve raced a few bikes and i`ve came out on top, my best mate passed his test and bought a brand new blade out the wrapper, then bought a brand new r1 and im fully aware of what bikes can do as i`ve been pillion (sp) on both, but its the biggest fact of all i dont care what anybody on any forum says, you need the balls, FACT. Ive raced 2 fireblades in my cossie, rabmc was in it one time to confirm and he couldnt pass me, bikes are awsome no doubt and i no if the guy had brass he may have took his chances but he didnt, my mate has always told me, just because they have a nice suit doesnt meen there good. Life and death are to close on a bike so it scares people, and i`ve heard people around my are saying i`ve done "this" and "that" on my bike, as soon as your out they shite it, i will one day be a biker FACT, once the cossie is gone im biked up but only time will tell if i have the BALLS
Old 16-03-2007, 11:53 PM
gurnE
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Paul J
So you kept with a R6 with 530bhp, why do you think 600bhp would keep with a litre sportsbike???

If you want to see what the difference when tested is between cars and bikes rather than my mates bike blah blah.............

http://www.radicalsportscars.com/med...feud/index.php
Nice link
That evo article is the best car vs bike pieces I've read, and I've read a few.
Still got that months mag

Originally Posted by Paul J
During a recent event in the UK, in Elvington (on a disused airport…) Gillebaard hits speeds of 424.64km/h on his turbocharged Suzuki Hayabusa.
Thats 260+mph, what did the Veyron manage in FIVE miles?
That bike is stunning. I want it

I'd settle for PB's/Jack Frosts effort either though

Point to point on the orad bikes are undoubtedly quicker. I will happily bet Ł100 with anyone who wants a point to point 10 mile race
(No motorway though as I've geared my bike down to 163mph )

Anyway; who cares which is quicker. The bikes are much more fun
Old 16-03-2007, 11:56 PM
gurnE
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by S1rst
I suppose alot of it comes down to the rider of the bike. I think this is the reason why some people seem to 'think ' they 'beat' big bikes whereas i reality it was probably becuase the rider bottled it and/or came to his senses.
Absoutely

So many bikers out there ride like women
Old 17-03-2007, 12:08 AM
SS1
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlsworth
its amazing how bikers give it large about their bikes.....

biker....a lonely wanker....joke....

cold,
wet when raining
can only carry his 1 friend
and has a massive bill from halfords because the amount he polishes his helmet....

i understand the acceleration experience on bikes is great...ive experienced it...

but for me, i would much rather be,

warm,
dry when its raining
with more than 1 friend having a laugh and conversation
and most importantly....

have an 80% chance of living compared to iker if in a big crash

carl
you missed Organ Donor

shame on you
Old 17-03-2007, 06:47 AM
Dingy
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by puddy
Originally Posted by dingy
Originally Posted by glancy2081
a new gsxr will run low 11s straight out the box what does a 500bhp cosworth run
OK example...

Terry davis mk2 run's low tens

My car is no slower once rolling from say 100-150 than his

My 1/4 best is 12.2 though LOL....
whats your best terminal and 1/8th mile speeds,I think terry is gaining

30-40 mph in the second 1/8th

puddy
Think its about 120 at terminal....

Can't remember anymore than that mate....THink he has the silly button now too LOL
Old 17-03-2007, 04:33 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NUTTIN RILLA
For ages i've been threatening to video my cossie against my bike to show the difference in REAL terms and not pub talk. I think when its back together i'll get this done. Can show any situation from rolling start to starting at 100mph

PS to PROVE to all blind cossie owners with their stage 3 conversions that they will get TRASHED by a bike!
Sorry chops im going to disagree, i didnt read the full thread but i`ve raced a few bikes and i`ve came out on top, my best mate passed his test and bought a brand new blade out the wrapper, then bought a brand new r1 and im fully aware of what bikes can do as i`ve been pillion (sp) on both, but its the biggest fact of all i dont care what anybody on any forum says, you need the balls, FACT. Ive raced 2 fireblades in my cossie, rabmc was in it one time to confirm and he couldnt pass me, bikes are awsome no doubt and i no if the guy had brass he may have took his chances but he didnt, my mate has always told me, just because they have a nice suit doesnt meen there good. Life and death are to close on a bike so it scares people, and i`ve heard people around my are saying i`ve done "this" and "that" on my bike, as soon as your out they shite it, i will one day be a biker FACT, once the cossie is gone im biked up but only time will tell if i have the BALLS
BS mate

I'm talking a straight line power drag. Corners involve skill and i dont have enough
I just mean to prove exactly how much faster a bike is in a straight line. Remember i own a stage 3 saff and a gixxer 750 so am qualified to discuss this
Old 17-03-2007, 05:16 PM
toff

What about round knockhill. anybody know what the lap times were for the time attack ?
Old 17-03-2007, 05:31 PM
rapidcossie
10K+ Poster!!

sure chris doc was fastest at time attack...54 i think?
Old 17-03-2007, 05:38 PM
3i_gaz
PassionFord Post Troll

we raced a genuine 552 horse 4x4 saph against K4 GSXR600 been power commandered, DNA filter, Micron system, Dropped a tooth on the front.

and the bike stayed ahead to about 130 then the saph started to really stretch its legs and started to gain, the guy on the bike said if they hadnt of ran our of road by the time they hit about 155 the car would of been going past him.

the noise was just awesome, gixxer 6 screaming at 16,000 revs
Old 17-03-2007, 05:43 PM
toff

Originally Posted by rapidcossie
Keith can do it in low 51 s on this
Old 17-03-2007, 05:57 PM
Steven_RW
PassionFord Post Troll

I love this chat about bikes n cars.

I raced plenty in my time.

There are a couple of lads out at the ring who can run 8 min on the head laps on their bikes. Locals, marshalls, racers etc. I dont know anyone on here who has completed a 8 min on the head lap of the ring.

A friend was giving the same "10 mile road challenge" that one of the chaps on here is. I would have loved to given it a go in the Evo. My favourite country road, in the Evo with the Dunlops versus a bike. Its quite bumpy and not good for full traction so it would have taken an amazingly well set up bike to get the power down over most of it whereas the evo used to just do it totally flat.

I have had a couple of bikers out on that lap. Neil_s and chop are two to mention that are on here.

I'd like to have taken the challenge against a bike on that

I was hitting over 150 genuine on the back straight area. The biker could have gone faster at this point, however the braking zone for the blind kink is seriously rumbly and broken tarmac.

I look fwd to doing combat against some bikers in April on the ring

its always AMAZING to see a proper good biker.

RW
Old 17-03-2007, 05:57 PM
rapidcossie
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by 125scouse
we raced a genuine 552 horse 4x4 saph against K4 GSXR600 been power commandered, DNA filter, Micron system, Dropped a tooth on the front.

and the bike stayed ahead to about 130 then the saph started to really stretch its legs and started to gain, the guy on the bike said if they hadnt of ran our of road by the time they hit about 155 the car would of been going past him.

the noise was just awesome, gixxer 6 screaming at 16,000 revs
that sounds about right...
Old 17-03-2007, 05:58 PM
rapidcossie
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by toff
Originally Posted by rapidcossie
Keith can do it in low 51 s on this
you not get a wee shot of this toff
Old 17-03-2007, 06:02 PM
NUTTIN RILLA
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by NUTTIN RILLA

BS mate

I'm talking a straight line power drag. Corners involve skill and i dont have enough
I just mean to prove exactly how much faster a bike is in a straight line. Remember i own a stage 3 saff and a gixxer 750 so am qualified to discuss this

As i said mate it takes balls, Newer bikes are so much faster, ie the new gsxr 600 would happily keep up with blades but an older 600 wouldnt.

I no my car would get dusted from the 1 litre crew no sweat but i`ve beat cbr 600`s a few times and i beat a 1200 bandit only the other day, i no he`s not a sports bike but he`s big
Old 17-03-2007, 06:03 PM
toff

Put a day time mot on and away we go lol. That bikes up for sale he has a superbkie now.

RW What happened to your bike plans and when we going drifting [/b]
Old 17-03-2007, 06:03 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i know not much about bikes but we raced a honda vtr 1000cc the other day in an evo 6 a few straights roundabouts etc and the bike couldnt keep anywhere near us both set off at about 60mph and they was matched but then hit the roundabout followed by a corner and we was wayyyy infront

looked this bike up and think there 120bhp? so not the quickest of bikes but against a standard evo i thought we would be nailed on the straights and we wasnt...
Old 17-03-2007, 06:04 PM
rapidcossie
10K+ Poster!!

bet the super bike is awesome
Old 17-03-2007, 07:44 PM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

one of the guys that drinks in the same pub as me has the lap record in a radical,duncan vincent,,says he would give it a go in my sierra too(not the lap record ,just have a shot)
he is the chief marshall at knockhill
b4 anyone says it the f1 cars lap aint official .

dunc did it in 48 or 49 secs
Old 17-03-2007, 07:54 PM
alb
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Originally Posted by milkman
Originally Posted by alb
A Veyron costs what though? How often do you think a Veyron owner would be sitting at traffic lights and a Hayabusa pull up beside them. Anyone who can afford a veyron wouldn't even think about it, nor would i say would they be as capable a driver as most. How often do you think a Veyron driver would test the car's limits in comparison to a Haybusa's owner?.

This arguement is silly. In real terms, on real roads 90% of standard performance bikes will spank 99% of highly modified cars, either in a straight line, braking, 0-60 60-120 or 100-150. Show me a 2.5 0-60 car and that'd stand a chance but please make sure its an everyday road car.

Martin's old car 0-60 2.8 secs
Pmsl, a 2.5 second car not a 2.8.
Old 17-03-2007, 08:06 PM
alb
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

I don't own a bike, haven't done for years i just live in the real world. Take this arguement to a 911 forum and you'll get the same "I trash all bikes" or scoob or Evo forum. The difference is take it to a bike forum and they will roll around the floor laughing.

Take a cossie vs thread to an Evo forum and they will say they will spank you, or a scoob forum even probably a saxo forum. These kind of arguments are ridiculous, just people puffing their chests up acting the big man living in cloud cuckoo land.

If this "Martin's" old car was a 2.8 0-60 how much time/energy and money did he throw at it?.
I'll repeat 99.999r% of production superbikes will rinse me and the vast majority of "modified" cars whether it be on the motorway, traffic light grand prix or track day. There are of course exceptions to the rule, but they are few and far between.

Get over it. There are faster cars than yours out there, and there are most definately faster bikes standard or otherwise.
Old 17-03-2007, 08:17 PM
900ss
RWD Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well the only thing that beat me n my blade today was the cold lol
5 hrs out on the rd n I couldn’t take no more

Long live the blade
Old 17-03-2007, 09:13 PM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

http://videos.streetfire.net/hottest...83010e74b6.htm

A 1000bhp street car v a modified Turbo Buybusa.

40-180 guess who wins bikers.

Give it time to download to see the race.
Old 17-03-2007, 09:44 PM
toff

Thats quick

Quick Reply: FAO all the blade beaters