General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Question about speeding...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007 | 04:06 PM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

Default Question about speeding...

If a police car caught you speeding whilst driving behind you, but didn't pull you over, can they still send a letter through the post or anything?

Cheers
Old 10-03-2007 | 04:09 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Don't see why not. I was apparently spotted 30 mins earlier with no seatbelt on and I was given the ticket and fine
Old 10-03-2007 | 04:10 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

unless they stop you they cant prove owt.

they will come round your house and try get you to say something incriminating or admit it, stuff like that, but one you out of sight, even if they catch up and stop you, if you not doing anything wrong once they catch sight of you, they cant do shit.

its a strange loophole, and why most bikers do the off when they see a copper.

and also why if they on a sliproad and you go past at 150, they dont bother, as they know they wont catch you.

its something to do with them not being able to prove you was driving.

seems strange as they can do you with gatsos? but it works, known a good few people to do it, hell, ive done it a lot of times.

my mate did it in his R32GTR, got chased by the Accord TypeR traffic car, totally blew him away and then slowed down out of sight, copper went up behind him, followed him, and left it.

there was even a post on the GTR board as someone happened to see it and posted up asking if anyone just had their R32GTR stolen

youd be mad to get a chase off the police, but if you tank past em at big speed, keep fucking going
Old 10-03-2007 | 04:13 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Stavros
youd be mad to get a chase off the police, but if you tank past em at big speed, keep fucking going
Old 10-03-2007 | 04:15 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

switch on here had a similer thing on the A1, he went past a copper on a turnbridge thingy ( the emergency type thing) and he was gonna slow down but thought at 140ish for him to get in the car and catch him,,,he was gonna get a ban ANYWAY

he went off the next junction and parked at the shopping centre and he aint heard anything,,, that was 3 years ago maybe more

they cant do you for a seatbelt by post EITHER cause they HAVE to caution you for that offence then give you the fine
Old 10-03-2007 | 04:15 PM
craig todd
Advanced PassionFord User

they can still get you if they have a camera on the car, my mate got points that way, sneaky twats did'nt pull him.
Old 10-03-2007 | 04:19 PM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

Trending Topics

Old 10-03-2007 | 04:20 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

IIRC even with camera it needs some kind of admission that it was you driving? Think thats how most get stung.

Its a strange subject and not something the cops will admit to so hard to know the true story...
Old 10-03-2007 | 04:23 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

the nikki got requested to a police station to discuss a report for dangerous/wreckless driving

we ignored that and got a sumons for court,,, she got screwed over on it too but tbh,,, the fine was fuck all and she aint got a full licence anyway

and "she" was guilty of the offence anyway, just a shame when we went to court "she" thought it was for a TOTALLY different thing,,,,, that was 10 times worse
Old 10-03-2007 | 04:44 PM
pete mcrash
saff is working!!!...atm

i went past a copper on the A1...(err sorry my own private test track)...at 156mph (on the clock)....the look on his face as he was telling someone off at the side of the road who was proberly doing 75 or something....i just put my foot down......
Old 10-03-2007 | 05:16 PM
indycos
helooooo!!!

funny coonts
Old 10-03-2007 | 07:09 PM
steventoon
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by Stavros
unless they stop you they cant prove owt.

they will come round your house and try get you to say something incriminating or admit it, stuff like that, but one you out of sight, even if they catch up and stop you, if you not doing anything wrong once they catch sight of you, they cant do shit.

its a strange loophole, and why most bikers do the off when they see a copper.

and also why if they on a sliproad and you go past at 150, they dont bother, as they know they wont catch you.

its something to do with them not being able to prove you was driving.

seems strange as they can do you with gatsos? but it works, known a good few people to do it, hell, ive done it a lot of times.

my mate did it in his R32GTR, got chased by the Accord TypeR traffic car, totally blew him away and then slowed down out of sight, copper went up behind him, followed him, and left it.

there was even a post on the GTR board as someone happened to see it and posted up asking if anyone just had their R32GTR stolen

Absolute bollocks.

I've done it. All you have to do is send out a NIP and a s172 notice in the post to the registered keeper. Once its returned by the keeper identifying the driver then summons as normal.
Old 10-03-2007 | 07:11 PM
adamS2RST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by craig todd
they can still get you if they have a camera on the car, my mate got points that way, sneaky twats did'nt pull him.
Yup, agree with this, it's how I got 3 points in my first car, a traffic car caught me and another car going for it, they pulled the other car over and I kept going thinking I had got away with it, summonds in the post shortly followed