General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

How fast is Rods car to 200?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 10:42 AM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by timrud
I'd do the same Gareth!

Phil, have you actually been in Rods car at that speed?

If you look at the attention to detail he has, I'm sure its as safe as it can be.

Put it this way, I'd rather be doing 200 in rods car, than on your bike!

Anyway, I didn't know taking cars to the limiter was your scene, didn't you used to get scared after 3rd gear in your Saph?

not being funny but "attention to detail"
maybe in the engine bay.

206 mph "in the wet"

no cage,helmet,fireproof suit,plumbed fire extinguisher?parachute,rollcage,race seat,harnesses

i think its a fuckin deathtrap,or atleast it was in that clip it might be different now,i hope for marks sake it is!!
Old 03-03-2007, 12:25 PM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dovboy
Originally Posted by timrud
I'd do the same Gareth!

Phil, have you actually been in Rods car at that speed?

If you look at the attention to detail he has, I'm sure its as safe as it can be.

Put it this way, I'd rather be doing 200 in rods car, than on your bike!

Anyway, I didn't know taking cars to the limiter was your scene, didn't you used to get scared after 3rd gear in your Saph?

not being funny but "attention to detail"
maybe in the engine bay.

206 mph "in the wet"

no cage,helmet,fireproof suit,plumbed fire extinguisher?parachute,rollcage,race seat,harnesses

i think its a fuckin deathtrap,or atleast it was in that clip it might be different now,i hope for marks sake it is!!
I have to agree there, "most" other people attempting top speed take safety very seriously, huge multipoint cages, other saftey items and usually wearing correct safety clothing.

I can't say if you would live with all that fitted anyway but you would maybe stand a better chance if things did go wrong.

I've spoken to several people who are amazed that Mark or anyone would even attempt something like that without properly considering what might happen if it all goes wrong. A few grand in the right places could save your life but I suppose as its only 30 seconds you need to spend worrying about it then that makes it ok