General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Bank transfer help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 09:16 AM
gwynny
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bank transfer help.

I've sold some tickets on Ebay to a chap in Ireland, and he wants to pay direct into my bank, He has asked for my IBAN number and my banks swift address, apparently its an international way of sending the money, anyone have any idea what he's on about??
Old 01-03-2007, 09:22 AM
lukeytheduke
PassionFord Post Whore!!

sounds dodgy to me, just get him to send a cheque and dont send the product till its cleared
Old 01-03-2007, 09:28 AM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lukeytheduke
sounds dodgy to me, just get him to send a cheque and dont send the product till its cleared
Dont be a prick

Thats TOTALLY normal.

IBAN= international banking.

Swift code is just another.

He needs these if you want the money to go in dead quick.

TOTALLY 100% safe, as unlike what most spastics think, he cant do ANYTHING but put money in your account with these numbers.

Thats what these numbers are for! You cant do ANYTHING else with them

No wonder people dont make any money selling shit when they afraid to give people their bank details like that, its not like your giving him your credit card details and pin numbers

I got 7500quid from a guy in Belgium last week thanks to giving IBAN and Swift numbers so he could buy summat of me, its needed...
Old 01-03-2007, 09:41 AM
gwynny

yeah I thought it was all legit, i have found the BIC number but cant work out my IBAN no.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:54 AM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

I had to ring my bank to find out my IBAN mate, took 5mins, they get asked all time, as its needed for anything like that
Old 01-03-2007, 10:12 AM
gwynny

cheers pal will do

UPDATE sorted "i'm in the money!!"
Old 02-03-2007, 09:12 AM
lukeytheduke
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Stavros
Originally Posted by lukeytheduke
Dont be a prick

Thats TOTALLY normal.

IBAN= international banking.

Swift code is just another.

He needs these if you want the money to go in dead quick.

TOTALLY 100% safe, as unlike what most spastics think, he cant do ANYTHING but put money in your account with these numbers.

Thats what these numbers are for! You cant do ANYTHING else with them

No wonder people dont make any money selling shit when they afraid to give people their bank details like that, its not like your giving him your credit card details and pin numbers

I got 7500quid from a guy in Belgium last week thanks to giving IBAN and Swift numbers so he could buy summat of me, its needed...
Just because not everyone knows shit infomation like that doesnt mean their a prick!!
Old 02-03-2007, 09:23 AM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Maybe prick was too strong a word, but you've obv never had anything to do with foriegn bank transfers if you thought a IBAN number sounded dodgy, so why give him "advice"?

Thats the trouble with car forums, people banging on about stuff they dont know about, making everyone think the wrong stuff.

Gwynny got the right info and low and behold, he has cash.

If he went back to the Irish bloke and told him it sounds dodgy the bloke wouldve just told him to fuck off.

Dont get shitty with me, im just trying to help someone not make a big mistake, and get paid.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:39 AM
lukeytheduke
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Stavros
Maybe prick was too strong a word, but you've obv never had anything to do with foriegn bank transfers if you thought a IBAN number sounded dodgy, so why give him "advice"?

Thats the trouble with car forums, people banging on about stuff they dont know about, making everyone think the wrong stuff.

Gwynny got the right info and low and behold, he has cash.

If he went back to the Irish bloke and told him it sounds dodgy the bloke wouldve just told him to fuck off.

Dont get shitty with me, im just trying to help someone not make a big mistake, and get paid.
Stavros you sound like one of those people sitting on their high horse thinking their better than everyone, if i quote you on your last sentence of what yuou just said

"Dont get shitty with me, im just trying to help someone not make a big mistake, and get paid"

Dont you think that that was what i was trying to do!!

Your right i have never had experiance with foreign bank transfers but a buyer asking for the sellers bank details sounds dodgy to me.

There will always be problems of people giving wrong advice but thats because it is a car forum, thats what most people know about.

Im sure you have given poor advice in the past or said stupid things without really thinking about it just like in your last reply which i highlited above