General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

How the hell did this happen?? (Now with photo).

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 12:46 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right, The car had a FULL side, But it wasn't the side where the mirror was broken.

iansoutham Here is what was damaged and replaced.

Front wing
Front door
Back door
And a whole back quater panel.

So Basicly the whole side of the car, I do have 2 pictures on my phone half way through the build which I took on my phone when I went in to get mt card out the car if they are any good?

Now you tell me what EXACTLY is trimmed/stripped I will be going back just for the principal of it and will be demanding I have a new one.

Can I also ask on a different note I've noticed under strong light my wing is more purple to the rest of the car. Not noticable unless under strong light like a spot light. The Quality of the paint job looks fine but the color match seems way out. Even though It's a motability car do I still have the right to demand it's the correct color? Or simply because it is only seen under strong light would you not be botherd?

Cheers, Benni. Youv'e all been a great help.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:31 AM
iansoutham
OCD Victim

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Benni
Right, The car had a FULL side, But it wasn't the side where the mirror was broken.

iansoutham Here is what was damaged and replaced.

Front wing
Front door
Back door
And a whole back quater panel.

So Basicly the whole side of the car, I do have 2 pictures on my phone half way through the build which I took on my phone when I went in to get mt card out the car if they are any good?

Now you tell me what EXACTLY is trimmed/stripped I will be going back just for the principal of it and will be demanding I have a new one.

Can I also ask on a different note I've noticed under strong light my wing is more purple to the rest of the car. Not noticable unless under strong light like a spot light. The Quality of the paint job looks fine but the color match seems way out. Even though It's a motability car do I still have the right to demand it's the correct color? Or simply because it is only seen under strong light would you not be botherd?

Cheers, Benni. Youv'e all been a great help.
Firstly, colour match, is the car metallic or pearl? Is it the same from looking front to back and back to front? Could be the way the paint has been "laid" or could have been painted either off-car or repainted due to imperfection. Park in a multi-storey car park one evening, and check then. The flourescent lamps will show it immediately.

And, if the car is a 5-door with that damage on the other side of the car, they would have taken the c-post trim out only, not the rooflining, as they would have cut the panel in near the bottom of the c-post itself. So, likely to agree with "Warleydaddy" and say either keys, or trim been thrown around in the car.

Take my initial advice, back to the insurance company, ask for a Field Engineer inspection @ the garage with you, the inspector and the garage manager present, and present the bill for the visor @ the same time. And remember still, be polite.

If you want, send me the pics anyway, and I will try to confirm for certain...
Old 04-03-2007, 03:46 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

It's a 5 door mate, Thank you for your advice. The car is jeans blue metallic and the wing is more purple than blue under strong light. Will go back to the garage tomorrow. Thanks again mate, you have been very helpful.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:18 PM
Damo V
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by warleydaddy
Who said the cover was over the lens???
If the visor was shut before the keys were placed behind it the cover would have been shut too
Old 04-03-2007, 08:34 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

which means its highly unlikely a set of keys would have damaged the mirror