General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

COSSIE GOING SAT.........DECIDED ON NEW CAR.....

Search this Thread

Old 22-02-2007, 02:32 AM
COSSIE 1
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default COSSIE GOING SAT.........DECIDED ON NEW CAR.....

Well the cossies going sat, gary G2 FSR the original owner sold it to me 10 months ago and in that time ive driven 700yds in it , its sat in the garage and other than sat under the cover and being started/cleaned most weekends hasnt been driven , the reason im selling is i work away in london all week ive got a rover 420sdi turbo diesel that i use for the commuting to work and id love a car that i can drive every minute im back at home, originally i was happy driving the rover but the cossie is just to nice to drive everywhere, i wouldnt be able to park it anywhere,or drive it in the rain/winter so seemed a bit pointless, so after gary mentioned selling his 3dr i decided to sell mine ......so gary bought it back so everything is hunky doory and no regrets from me ......my main dilema was what car do i get? im a beemer boy (mainly ///M's)so had to be a bmw thought about a e39 02 plate 530d sport and use it all the time and sell the rover then decided against that due to the heavy mileage i do/and wear and tear plus its not an ///M , so decided to keep the rover for work etc and get another second car that i can drive in all weather and enjoy it so looked into a e39 ///M5 my budget would only allow me to get a high mileage one of the cheaper ones and when they go wrong ££££...twin vanos,engine probs etc, so that one was ruled out then thought about a e46 ///M3 but my budget would only allow me to get yet again a high miler bottom of the range one so regrettably ruled out,..i want to buy outright and defo want no loans/finance or overdrafts etc ......now 2 years ago i had a 95 3.0l ///M3 coupe loved it and was heavily modified and was mint but like the cossie spent all its time under a cover in the garage .......SO... ive decided to get a really nice sub 97/98 R/S reg around 80kmiles ///M3 EVO coupe in estoril blue 3.2l straight six 321bhp standard ,blackleather, 6 speed manual and fsh.for about £8.5kish will get a minter for that ..gona lower it and remap/ind kit/exhaust for approx 335-340bhp and i like the standard wheels so im not even gona change them and just drive it every minute im home plus i know excactly what to look for on these cars (vanos issues/gearbox etc) ..........TBH the main reason for getting that car is im currently saving up to buy my own house and just cant justify dumping £15-16k into a car at he mo..was thinking about getting something oct/nov this yr save some extra cash, so now ill prob get one end august for my birthday but in no real rush and im willing to wait for a nice one ...so im getting a lovely car im happy garys happy and ill have a good wack left over to save aswell ...sorry its not a ford guys
Old 22-02-2007, 04:28 AM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

what are you doing???!
Old 22-02-2007, 08:10 AM
COSSIE 1

Originally Posted by RWD_cossie_wil

what are you doing???!
cheers wil .......my priorities have changed i suppose mate, the last few months what with the marriage breakup etc ive looked at my life and realised whats important and where i go from here, ive a real chance to get some £££ saved and i dont really want a car sat in the garage 9 months of the year with £1000's spent on it and then the bloody thing breaks or keeps beaking down costing me more £££, id rather have an everyday(when im not working) fast reliable(ish) car,enjoy it and keep it fully serviced etc (im only going to mildly mod it aswell which is a first for me )...... will still go to RS shows with gary and the cos tho
Old 22-02-2007, 10:48 AM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

lol fair enough.... must be gettin old - but M3's are good fun, and I'm sure Gary will let you play in the cossie occasionally . Will have to meet up for a beer again soon mate
Old 22-02-2007, 11:03 AM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

sorry to ask a stupid question, but if its going to be a weekend only car, why go from a cossie to the m3

you saff looks really nice from what i've seen of it

or is it a storage issue?

as for people who think the saff isnt an everyday car well all i can say is (if you can afford the fuel bills )
Old 22-02-2007, 11:34 AM
COSSIE 1

Originally Posted by gingeRS
sorry to ask a stupid question, but if its going to be a weekend only car, why go from a cossie to the m3

you saff looks really nice from what i've seen of it

or is it a storage issue?

as for people who think the saff isnt an everyday car well all i can say is (if you can afford the fuel bills )
its not that i want just a weekend car i want a car that i can drive all year round most of my family and friends live in the bournemouth area so im down there loads so would be nice to have a car i can drive down there in and ill occasionally take it to work,and ill park it when i go shopping etc, the cossie is just to nice to do all that and the mileage is to low to rack the miles on and it would never get driven in the wet/winter .....just want a nice ///M3 and enjoy it, had one before and it will be perfect for my needs, and a bit more power than the last one aswell
Old 22-02-2007, 11:40 AM
COSSIE 1

Originally Posted by RWD_cossie_wil
lol fair enough.... must be gettin old - but M3's are good fun, and I'm sure Gary will let you play in the cossie occasionally . Will have to meet up for a beer again soon mate
defo mate still want to stay in touch and meet up for a beer/nights out etc, will still need ur help when it comes to fitting the eibach springs on the ///M3 mate
Old 22-02-2007, 06:30 PM
G2 FSR
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All i can say is

IM HAPPY
Old 22-02-2007, 07:34 PM
simonc
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm thinking exactly the same had my 3dr for 4yrs & the last time it really got used was a trackday in October & i took it out a few days ago to put of life into the battery, ca'nt bear to part with the bloody 3dr but i never use it because i also have a 3yr old Volvo V70R which is so comfy & fast. I've been looking at getting an m3 evo in estoril i to used to have a 3.0 M3 coupe & was so reliable,damn good car also been looking at Evo 5 & 6. I just need to put the 3dr up for sale & get rid but something is stopping me, i think owning a Cossie is like an addiction i want to kick it but i ca'nt

Simon.