General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Performance Ford Company Profile's

Search this Thread

Old 21-02-2007, 01:27 AM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Ford Company Profile's

Firstly i would like to state i am in no way trying to slate the guys there just ask an open questions to gauge weather it is me or not but i really look forward to reading the company profiles, but the last issue i had with the NMS feature i honestly felt like there was such a lack of info/history on Karl, Ollie, and the other chap there sorry forgot your name,

I mean what is there education back ground in cars, what is Ollies back ground, what are the big cars they have worked on? and i mean more then Ollies S1 and Karls alledged 700bhp+ 3dr and Tims, i felt like it was just the surface that was skimmed, what different approached do they have, does Karl do head work for others ?

Maybe it is just me or maybe other feel the same way,

Other then that keep up the good work guys,

Mike
Old 21-02-2007, 07:19 AM
Sticky.
20K+ Super Poster.

I thought the write up was good TBH, but i know what your saying Mike. Could have been a bit more info with it being new premises etc....

Karl & Ollies knowledge is second to none with Cosworth/RS Turbo's & good luck to them both i say
Old 21-02-2007, 07:29 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Thats my point Paul, they could have said more about Karls background and Ollies etc etc, what innovative products they come up with, the fact Karl is well known for mapping L6/8 or what ever,

Mike
Old 21-02-2007, 07:33 PM
GTechR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Could it be that they have to cater to readers with differing levels of interest/knowledge/inteligence? If they go to far in depth, they could be accused of being too techy? (not really the word i'm looking for - but you get what I mean)
Old 21-02-2007, 08:11 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read it while I was at NMS and spoke to Karl about it as I wasn't sure it really flattered the company how I would personally like them to be seen.

I harp on about them constantly as they do a good job very well.. and so do other people "big them up"

Karl assured me he had read the article before it went to press and was happy with it and it was more or less how he wanted it/the author saw the company from the interview and back ground knowledge they have.

I cant remember the exact reasons for what was and is published but I do know Karl, Ollie and Mark all seemed relativly, if not very happy with it.

Hope this helps- I am sure Perf Ford and/or someone from NMS will see this at some point and let people know whats what if they feel they need to.

J
Old 21-02-2007, 10:20 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

When i read the artical i was very impressed,however i do find myself agreeing with all of the points you've mentioned, for customers like me who chat to Karl we probably know a bit about his background and the wealth of knowledge he has.....but i can defo see what you mean as an 'outsider' looking in you don't get to learn a great deal about the past etc, although it did give a good view of the services they can offer.

the NMS website may give a bit of info too, i know Karl is keen to get it updated though.

what points in particular are you keen to know about then? or is it just some more 'general' stuff?
Old 21-02-2007, 11:10 PM
m_nettleship
PassionFord Post Troll

OOOOOPS havent seen this yet, think they bin at alfreton for about 2 year now havent they?
Old 21-02-2007, 11:27 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

no,not quite that long on the current unit
Old 21-02-2007, 11:59 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Bud-Weis, i am not after anything in perticualar just curious about some info that could have been put in there, they just seem to skim over things, i know they can build an engine, i know they can paint a car, i know they can fit an engine but i do not know were Karl learnt his skills nor Ollie and what things are they industry leaders in or principles do they stick to ????

That type of thing, i know they build a great car i have been in yours and it is very nice/smooth

It is not just this article but most of them seem to go down the same road

Mike
Old 22-02-2007, 07:35 AM
Karl
Norris Motorsport

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

The reason for the lack of in depth info is because Performance Ford have a tight limit on space and number of words they can write in 4 pages. Hence the feature was more a general overview rather than concentrating on any one area.

If you are interested in my professional back ground, I am a chartered mechanical engineer, firstlly studying mechanical engineering at Warwick University before moving onto Engine Design at Ford/Jaguar for 5 years. After this I continued to work for myself and NMS has now been going around 8 years.

Oli and Mark are both qualifed mechanics, Mark being more biased towards car painting and have both been in the industry for over 15 years. Oli had his own workshop and we had worked together for a number of years until we all came under one roof 18 months ago.

Lastly the reason there is no personal info if you were wondering about anything outside my professional life, is because I am a very private person and have no desire to share my private life with the general public!

Hope that answers all your questions.
Old 22-02-2007, 08:01 AM
DanS
PassionFord Post Troll

Lastly the reason there is no personal info if you were wondering about anything outside my professional life, is because I am a very private person and have no desire to share my private life with the general public!
I heard the cross-dressing Karaoke nights were going down a storm up in Derby Karl?

Anyway, I thought it was a good ready anyway
Old 22-02-2007, 08:19 AM
LeviA
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Performance Ford isn't a patch on what it was when Dennis Foy used to edit it. Back in '91 I bought my first copy and thought it was fantastic. Wallage's Wisdom was great too.

Fast Ford was a decent read too. Then what happened???

Tits on every page, shitty unattractive RS's, tacky 'ICE' systems and chaver cars all over the shop. They've all followed the Max Power route, which is a real shame.
Old 22-02-2007, 10:20 AM
cozzfather
C.R.E.A.M.

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i never saw tits on every page of FF, maybe some of the ads had
chicks with not much on,but the thing with FF is if you want to see
somthing write and tell them, i always let Simon know what i wanted to
see when he was ed of CF,and do the same now he is the ed of FF
and i'm glad to see foreign cosworths featured
Old 22-02-2007, 11:04 AM
C10SSE
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by Captain Mike
Bud-Weis, i am not after anything in perticualar just curious about some info that could have been put in there, they just seem to skim over things, i know they can build an engine, i know they can paint a car, i know they can fit an engine but i do not know were Karl learnt his skills nor Ollie and what things are they industry leaders in or principles do they stick to ????

That type of thing, i know they build a great car i have been in yours and it is very nice/smooth

Mike
Why don't you ring or email and ask directly??
Old 22-02-2007, 11:08 AM
Dan
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by C10SSE
Originally Posted by Captain Mike

Mike
Why don't you ring or email and ask directly??
Because they do post on here aswell!
Old 22-02-2007, 11:17 AM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Originally Posted by LeviA
Tits on every page, shitty unattractive RS's, tacky 'ICE' systems and chaver cars all over the shop. They've all followed the Max Power route, which is a real shame.
What mag you been reading mate?

Dont think either mag has ever had any bare tiddies out, Perf Ford had models on cars back in the day but not for years, and neither mags have much to do with Chavvy cars and ICE
Old 22-02-2007, 12:31 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by LeviA
Performance Ford isn't a patch on what it was when Dennis Foy used to edit it. Back in '91 I bought my first copy and thought it was fantastic. Wallage's Wisdom was great too.

Fast Ford was a decent read too. Then what happened???

Tits on every page
Are you registered blind?
Old 22-02-2007, 01:03 PM
Anonymous
Banned

....he is talking about Ford owners
Old 22-02-2007, 03:34 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Karl thank you for taking the time to reply, the infomation that you have givern is the type of info that i believe should have been in there,

I heard that you worked for Turbosystems for a while that should go in, less pictures of you holding a torque wrench

As for your personnel life thats exactly that your buisness, nobody should know that you might like wearing womens clothes or be some fethish queen in your own time,

Things like you hill climb car rear engined fiesta or what ever it is should be put in only in brief the fact that you take part in track days etc, it is not just the feature about yourself that i am on about though so please do not take that as being the case.

Quality not quantity

Mike