General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

call me thick if you want but...............

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 04:52 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default call me thick if you want but...............

how can they talk about global warming and it being the hottest its ever been over winter and then tell us we are due the heaviest snow fall in many years? or is it the thick fucks havent realised that just maybe the seasons are shifting.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:54 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It pisses me off when they place hose pipe bans in the summer & then warn us of floods throughout autumn to spring
Old 07-02-2007, 04:59 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by AJ THE PF GOD
It pisses me off when they place hose pipe bans in the summer & then warn us of floods throughout autumn to spring
exactly mate.they think we are all thick!
Old 07-02-2007, 05:06 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

The fact we are about to have (allegedly)the worst snow fall in many years IS all to do with Global Warming. Global Warming does not just make the planet warmer - it fucks with the seasonal weather creating random and unpredicted weather changes.

Our atmosphere is being battered to fuck, and eratic weather changes from one extreme to the next are going to get more common as a result. And the weather itself will become more extreme and harsh aswell.

I mean look at the sea! There is more water surface area on this planet than there is land, and yet the billions and billions of tonnes of water are beginning to heat up. That takes SOME doing! Of course as the ocean temp rises, and the climate rises, the polar ice caps melt, making the water level higher. And you get irregular patterns for rain, snow, etc - you have to remember that everything, and I mean EVERYTHING revolves around the ocean on this planet, which inturn revolves around the sun. The Sun is the key to it all, but all life, all weather, etc on this planet doesn't do anything without the oceans input.... So fuck with that, and you fuck with the weather, the eco system, the atmosphere - everything.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:35 PM
Chris69
Advanced PassionFord User

nice post thrush, ur wrong though purely cus i say so though
bring on the snow
Old 07-02-2007, 05:53 PM
DanS
PassionFord Post Troll

Default Re: call me thick if you want but...............

Originally Posted by NIL 7717
how can they talk about global warming and it being the hottest its ever been over winter and then tell us we are due the heaviest snow fall in many years? or is it the thick fucks havent realised that just maybe the seasons are shifting.
Why has the sun been on the move again?
Old 07-02-2007, 05:59 PM
smithy20vt
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

If global warming continues in the future britian could be expecting to be in another Ice Age, as there is a huge chance that a change is sea salinity will effect the gulfstream which cause many of our weather patterns and artificially keeps temperatures above the levels that they should be.

But, as my lecturer explained the climate is very cyclical and CO levels in the atmosphere do change vastly over great time periods although are impact on the atmosphere will make weather patterns and cycles much harder to predict...
Old 07-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Paul Eggleton
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Your thick
Old 07-02-2007, 06:06 PM
smithy20vt

Originally Posted by Paul Eggleton
Your thick
Who me lol

I didnt get that this post was sarcastic but though i might add my 2p lol
Old 07-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Your thick
cheers mate.
THRUSH....Tbh mate i think its just eveloution.it wouldve happened even if we werent here.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Katie

Depends what school of thought you are in...it's most certainly changing..just dependant on how much of mans input is making a difference.

The climate does go through changes over time (eg as close as the 1800s the thames used to freeze over so people were able to skate on it)..I'm sceptical as to how man's input is to blame. I'd strongly agree deforestation is creating a massive problem, as it's releasing carbon dioxide when it's burnt..same as any carbon stores like fossil fuels. If we stopped cutting down so many fookin trees though, surely we could just use our cars steadily until the oil runs out anyway.. ...they say cows worldwide release as much harmful methane as cars do anyway so why the great debate on cars?...
Without all the fucking up we've done to the planet over the last 300odd years since the industrialisation of western societies we wouldn't be rich enough to discover we're limiting our futures anyway. Catch 22.

They say that the earth enters cycles..almost like a ball being rolled between some valleys..if it gets over one hill, itll be in the next valley which may be higher or lower than the last...but it will not be able to get back into the previous one..or on into the next one..for some time..which causes minor variations but an overall ''stable'' setting until the climate moves onto the next stage (or valley, if you want to think of it that way) that was what a level geography taught me...the picture explained it a lot better
Old 07-02-2007, 06:28 PM
LeviA

Your thick
It's 'you're' not 'your'
Old 07-02-2007, 06:40 PM
bigjim172000
Me Cossie Runs Atlast!!!!

we arein one big circle,

think about it. greenland was farmed god knows how many years ago. an eventually it will warm up in the north and south poles again to let this happen again. And when water freezes doesnt it expand? so if it defrosts it will shrink!!!!! plonker scientists lol
Old 07-02-2007, 07:13 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by NIL 7717
Your thick
cheers mate.
THRUSH....Tbh mate i think its just eveloution.it wouldve happened even if we werent here.
I disagree with that. Without human "input" there wouldn't be anywhere near the ammount of carbon emmisions that damage the atmosphere and ozone layer as there is with our input. WE are to blame for that.

Look at the rainforests - a perfect ecological system - has it's own weather system (and thus it's own water supply) has it's own oxygen recycling facilities, etc... Life is totally sustainable out there without carbon emmisions from fossil fuel burning.

But man deforested much of the habitable parts of the planet to "better" it - we burned virtually everything in sight, and when that ran out we began importing stuff to burn from elsewhere!

So I dissagree that without us it'd be going this way anyway....