General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

foa christian free jamsport tubular manifold

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 05:01 PM
ryan_belfast
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My offer still stands, ill take the manifold

Old 08-02-2007, 07:23 AM
esh
Part of the Furniture

Just read this thread and I have to say what a TOP company Jamsport is

It's rare in this greedy age of ours where people just want top rip each other off all the time that you find someone as genuine as Jamie, honestly trying to help people out regardless off financial benefits.

I've never been to Jamsport but might have to pay them a visit now, especially if I ever getting round to Supercharging my ST170/RS1800 Hybrid
Old 08-02-2007, 09:07 AM
NUTS RuS
15K+ Super Poster!!

EXACTLY the way I looked at it Mike.

But if it only did 160 then the sales from Jamsport would flop
Old 08-02-2007, 09:42 AM
peteh
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by NUTS RuS

so nobody would have lost out

jamie must believe his design works or he wouldn't put his neck on the line
Old 08-02-2007, 09:55 AM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

Dont usually comment on rst threads but

Im with Christians caution on this

He is a sensible & methodical tuner & has the success to prove that.
His engine is on the limit of what can be achieved Topspeed wise & this is always a stern test. If he changes anything from his tried & tested method that he has gradually taken to record speeds he risks a whole new set of problems. To just bolt it on & go wapping down a runway with out a lot of thought & trials would be plain folly.
Making a few extra bhp on a Dyno does not mean the engine will hold together after 40secs on the throttle.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:19 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ThePH

His engine is on the limit of what can be achieved Topspeed wise & this is always a stern test. If he changes anything from his tried & tested method that he has gradually taken to record speeds he risks a whole new set of problems. To just bolt it on & go wapping down a runway with out a lot of thought & trials would be plain folly.
Making a few extra bhp on a Dyno does not mean the engine will hold together after 40secs on the throttle.
Seems like only the people that have attempted top speed runs actually understand ANYTHING about the kind of stresses and strains such speeds create . Everyone thinks it's just a case of X amount of power = Y speed .
Old 08-02-2007, 10:22 AM
peteh
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i thought christian still used the standard rst manifold the thing that's restricting the engine at the mo, so maybe the jam-sport one will stop restricting it that little bit so achieve 170mph
Old 08-02-2007, 10:37 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by peteh

i thought christian still used the standard rst manifold the thing that's restricting the engine at the mo, so maybe the jam-sport one will stop restricting it that little bit so achieve 170mph
Going by the data-logging of the last run at Woodbridge, the car was on target to achieve 170+mph, when the gasket shot it's load at 168mph . This car WILL achieve 170mph with the standard manifold .
Old 08-02-2007, 10:39 AM
peteh
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Old 08-02-2007, 12:12 PM
-beefy-
formerly beefy-rst-2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NUTS RuS

so nobody would have lost out

jamie must believe his design works or he wouldn't put his neck on the line

as far as im aware its not actually jamies design ?? isnt it hansenturbos ?

last time i checked he designed and built them and jam-sports just a dealer for him in the uk ?

so realisticly jamies input is minimul in this case and cosists of being able to box and ship a product off his shelf ??

, fair play to christian i say , stay with the standard manifold mate and bang the 170 out ,

then go crazy with inlets and manifolds

bri
Old 08-02-2007, 12:43 PM
peteh
PassionFord Post Whore!!

so they didn't cost anything for jamie to make then???

it's a offer of a FREE manifold ffs
Old 08-02-2007, 01:06 PM
MarK4
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a good offer even if it is tested at a later date, ITS FREE
Old 08-02-2007, 01:13 PM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

Maybe it will, but I would not gaurantee it, things are difficult to predict at this level.

On my own engine ive been told my RS500 Inlet/spaced & RS500 Intercooler should be out of their depth, but they Keep making more Power with cool CA temps. It also made Power on less boost than a super wizzo one im told is a must have. Things dont always go as predicted be assured.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:21 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agree if Chris fitted the mainifold everyone would just say its the manifold that took the car there.
Itd not be well done Christian, itd be well done Jamsport and flashy manifold.
And thatd do my head in if it was me.

Its good advertising, not charity.

May not be common in the UK ford scene, but in general tuners are ahppy to give stuff away if it looks like good advertising if its on a certain car, and it sure would be on his.

Id LOVE to see Christians car running an ideal manifold, but I can see why he'd be cautious
Old 08-02-2007, 01:21 PM
-beefy-
formerly beefy-rst-2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so they didn't cost anything for jamie to make then???

it's a offer of a FREE manifold ffs
i know its a free offer mate , but think it should be made clear who made it ,

and who the praise should go to if the product is benifical >

imo that wouldnt be jamie unless he deigned and built said manifold ??
Old 08-02-2007, 01:32 PM
sunny
PassionFord Post Troll

To be honest I can see where Christian is comming from. I certainly wouldnt want anyone taking the glory for my achievements however can also see Jamie's corner aswell. Question really is 'is Christian trying to prove that he can crack 170 with his std erst manifold?" If so fair play as it's horses for courses however me personally would be in the frame of mind of going as fast as possible....full stop and if that means using what ever I can to make my car go faster then do it within reason. Point being Christians engine would certainly breath much easier and would benifit more from a well made tubular equal length manifold which will aid him however speaking from experience to get a decent one made that will not crack everytime the stresses of top speed runs throw at it will not be cheap.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:14 PM
mitchrst

what most of you don't know is Christian was already sorting a tubular manifold for his car from a guy in poland

the said manifolds was going to cost Ł180 if a group buy of 5 was orderd and someone asked Christian

if he was going to sell these manifolds and it would loook a good advertisement for the manifold if Christian's car was running one as its the fastest cvh rs turbo

then jamsort offer a free manifold to put on his car thats the story so far
Old 08-02-2007, 02:31 PM
Rick
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

MUCH more to this than it seems. The fact that the offer has been made public should tell u something...
Old 08-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Right everyone. I need to straighten this out.

By saying what I will now say, I know I am probably going to make a few enemies and run the risk of Jamie retracting his offer, but this has to be said while no-one has lost anything.

I have been developing my RST for almost 8-years now and so far, the only people that can really claim the credit for it are myself and Gary. We have sweated blood and worked long hours taking the car to the edge and trying new idea's. It is a low 'ish budget project and one that had been restrained constantly by the money I have to spend on it. It's not that I am skint, but more that I have so many more important things in life. Anyway, enough of that.

So, Jamie come's along and makes an incredibly generous offer. Of that there is no doubt. However, I have neglected to use certain products in the past because I don't want anyone other than myself and Gary (and to a much lesser extent other's that have helped out) to claim credit for the achievements of my car.

Controversially, I believe that the car has already done 170mph, so for me, it's just a case of re-assembling it and heading back to a runway to try it out. So, the last thing I want is someone else claiming the credit for it.

I know the car will benefit from a Tubular Manifold and, again, controversially, I think it is only at the stage I am at now that this is the case. For that reason, I really would like to put a manifold on it this time. However, as I have said before, I refuse to pay (and in all honesty can't afford to pay Ł600-Ł1200) for something that really honestly may or may not work. Conversely, I may not want to go through the hassle of re-assembling the car with the standard manifold now that there is at least one other option. I certainly aren't hung-up on hitting 170mph with the standard manifold!

I have the wheels firmly in motion for another manifold which is currently being made and this was the case PRIOR to Jamie's offer. So, you might say that Jamie's very kind offer came too late. If this works, I am more than happy to acknowledge who made it and give credit where it is due, but only that.

I really do believe that my car will benefit from Jamie's/Hansen's Manifold, but saying that, if there is a need for a Tubular Manifold, then it will benefit from ANY that is reasonably well designed.

This thread isn't intended as an attack on anyone and is intended, for one thing, to acknowledge the highly generous offer that Jamie has made, but you guys have to understand that it really isn't a case of just saying 'Yes' and taking this freebie. It is not fair on Jamie unless I can do it full justice by me fully supporting the product.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Jamie Going
jam-sport.co.uk

There is nothing more to this, it was asked to do a back to back test, to see what works, and what doesn't work. As we said previously, all we ask is that christian gives us an honest test and review of the manifold were offering him.

The point about him cracking 170mph, isnt that our manifold will MAKE him break 170, its just it would be nice to see a 1600cvh do 170mph, we wouldn't want to take any glory away from him, just try and help.