General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Ford thinking of selling Aston Martin....

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford thinking of selling Aston Martin....

Just been reading in a link that Ford is thinking of selling Aston Martin :

Ford is already selling Aston Martin and analysts believe that it could return to the idea of cashing in on Jaguar
How do you think will buy them if they sell?
Old 05-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

The germans.......the have most other makes
Old 05-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Billabong
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Previously touted as interested:

Ex-Ford boss Jac Nasser, backed by investment bank One Equity, the private equity arm of JPMorgan

Cerberus, a New York-based equity group that employs ex-Ford international operations head David Thursfield

Magma, a company run by former Ford Europe boss Martin Leach

A number of private equity groups have expressed interest, reckons the FT, although no-one is commenting.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:05 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well ford are selling every fucking think as they cant sell shite in the states,,, i work at ford and they just sold our side in islington for 16 million and bought a lease on a failed curry motors site,,,, they are also changing the PDC idea and having 3 PDC's in london to supply all dealers round the M25 3 times a day rather than 1 overnight delivery too help reduce the stock wastage and they also i belived reported loosing 6 billion this year so far,,,, the dealership that doo works at in order for them to make there bonus must LOOSE no more than 20k MONTH,,,,, as it has been loosing more money than micheal carrol in the last 10 years

in a nut shell there in the shite

GOOD news is im about to move to another car motorfactors for more money due to them robbing fords trade and them needing a ford parts man,,,,

YES IM JUMPING SHIP BUT ITS CAUSE IM A SHITE SWIMMER
Old 05-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Bill be interesting, wounder if any private UK parties can stumped up the cash? but surly if ASton goes Jaguar will follow closley as said above.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:19 PM
Billabong
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Given the shared development between certain models, you'd think so Ryhs. Ford have been in the crap for years now, I guess crunch time is looming.

The analysts said many years ago, that eventually there will be just a few big car co's, each holding key 'brands' pretty much as is the case now. That doesn't actually seem to be helping the motor manufacturers as you'd have thought it would.... (with shared platforms supposedly reducing development and production costs.)
Old 05-02-2007, 09:32 PM
Grahamxx
PassionFord Regular

I know Anthony Bamford who owns JCB tractors was interested, he has a nice collection of cars too
Old 05-02-2007, 09:40 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

the main problem with fords right now is there DRAMATIC cost cutting excercises hoping nobody would notice,,,,, alot og volvo customers are turning to other brands due to ford slapping odd ford parts in them not to mention the fucking S40 is a ford focus with sweeked panels,, aston martin are also bodged jaguar/volvo cars and the new jag is the old aston martin

the quality of the fords compared to other brands are mental and ALSO the vauxhall trade club has slashed the prices of there spares to MENTAL amounts thaht even euro car parts have problems matching there prices,,, couple that with the fact a ford clutch will last average of 40k miles and the diesels are also duel mass flywheels meaning that the price of a clutch job on a transit will cost not far off a scooby due to the flywheel being 280 quid and needing changing with the clutch,, not to mention the average life of pads on a focus in 2 years,, rear pads on a new mondeo is 16k miles and the ENDLESS starter motor problems, heater valve issues, heater resistor issues on ALL the fucking cars and the MAIN pain in the arse is the coil pack issue after 30k miles,,,,,,,, all that just makes there customers who if where honest are generally poor arse people and they just want a half decent car and kia offer 5 years warranty on all parts and free servicing,,,, what car would you buy new ???

sorry im a BUG fan of fords,,, love working there and im very high respected in my department as im involved in bugets/targets and ways to gain more business but at times it just seems a lost cause

now heres the BEST thing,,,, did you know how to inlock the back doors of a transit,,, unlock he dead locks of a focus and a transit the quickest way and even if you dont know the secret discrete ways its even MORE insulting when you discover all ford are less hassle to break into than the old astras/novas of the 80's

ps: please buy a ford and keep me in a job,,, we have ford KA's from 2999 with pxof your old cars on the road,,,,,
Old 05-02-2007, 09:41 PM
focusv8
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts

OLD NEWS, Ford HAVE sold 85% of Aston already.

FORD_ new_Owner_Here

Old 05-02-2007, 09:43 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

VW are doing well though i belive ???

arbridge in loughton are pdi'ing 45 to 50 new cars a month and thats not including the second hand cars either

ford also laid off 10% OF ALL its work staff the christmas before in a attempt to save costs due to lost sales
Old 05-02-2007, 10:34 PM
Billabong
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The info I posted was from last year - hence 'touted' interested parties - I did also see something about Louis Vitton, and thought it was a piss take to be honest
Old 06-02-2007, 11:15 AM
DazC
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Ginge !
VW are doing well though i belive ???
They are making more progress and are on the road to recovery faster than Ford are. VW made massive losses in 2004 and 5.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:49 AM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

Default Re: Ford thinking of selling Aston Martin....

Originally Posted by Rhys
Just been reading in a link that Ford is thinking of selling Aston Martin they sell?
I believe it may be the other way around.

I was under the impression the the management at Aston had requested Aston to be sold as Fords poor performance is holding them back. This would be a pretty mutual agreement as I believe Ford have done what they set out to achieve with Aston earlier than expected.

I may be totally wrong though.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:42 PM
focusv8
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts

Apparently ASTON is NOT being sold to a handbag and champagne maker:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2007/02/...ed-as-rubbish/