General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

DIVORCE QUESTION?.......!!

Search this Thread

Old 26-01-2007, 12:53 AM
COSSIE 1
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DIVORCE QUESTION?.......!!

Hi guys will soon be going through a divorce with the ex.......split up in oct '06 and she's filing for a divorce shortly now my question is....i know that certain things go 50-50..but luckily we dont own our own house , we didnt have much saved ....but when is the information taken ie say i had £1000 saved the day we seperated and when she filed for divorce i had £200 left is she entitled to half the £1000 or the £200??...also if i bought a new car next week is she entitled to half the value of the car even though we've been seperated for 4 months and ive bought it with my own wages?? any advice will be much appreiciated(sp) cheers all
Old 26-01-2007, 12:58 AM
S2martin
Ex Full Price gold member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as i'm aware matey if there are no kids and no debts involved then it's pretty much both walk away with your own bits....
When i got divorced last year all i done was signed the paperwork and got the shit through the post a while after no mention of money or anything

Martin
Old 26-01-2007, 01:00 AM
COSSIE 1

what mean mate is what if she wants say half the value of the car or hlf the savings?? where do i stand??
Old 26-01-2007, 01:05 AM
S2martin

Originally Posted by PAULDPALMER
what mean mate is what if she wants say half the value of the car or hlf the savings?? where do i stand??
But why would she be entitled to them? or is it a she was the houswife and you were the breadwinner type gig?

I was very lucky as me and my ex was seperated for a good 4-5 years before she took the divorce route as she was living with someone else and pregnant etc so she couldn't ask me for anything

Have a good search online if your not doing a lot right now?

Martin

edited to add have a shifty through this see if it helps
http://www.divorce.co.uk/legal/engla.../financial.htm
Old 26-01-2007, 01:15 AM
frosty
PassionFord Regular

nah m8 she cant touch ya, i'd got 10 grand in one pension and 10 grand in another and a saff cossie in the garage when i got divorced 3 years ago and we bin 2gether 11 years n married for 5 years with a kid, solicitor said we had'nt being 2gether long enuf for her 2 have a claim against owt like that, so get yourself a good solicitor, thats all i can say....
Old 26-01-2007, 02:48 AM
COSSIE 1

shes saying that she has a car i have a car and the other car is classed as a luxury so she wants half ....its not even in my name its someone elses ive no link to the car ie never taxed it never insured it its in the garage as im storing it for someone else ........
Old 26-01-2007, 02:49 AM
S2martin

shes saying that she has a car i have a car and the other car is classed as a luxury so she wants half ....its not even in my name its someone elses ive no link to the car ie never taxed it never insured it its in the garage as im storing it for someone else ........
Can it not go missing for a little bit considering it's not in your name etc

Trending Topics

Old 26-01-2007, 03:06 AM
COSSIE 1

has to stay in the garage mate .................if she gts arsy then fine ive got an ace up mu sleeve that i might hae to play only if she gets arsey tho
Old 26-01-2007, 07:25 AM
topaz
1K+ Super Poster!!

tell her you spent all your savings down at spearmint rhino
Old 26-01-2007, 07:52 AM
S3an
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

when i got divorced my ex wife told her solicitor my escos was worth £25k and it was upto me to prove otherwise spent ages with my solicitor looking on pistonheads etc auto trader to prove it wasnt
Old 26-01-2007, 08:35 AM
AlexD
Post Miester !

Its far easier if you try and sort it out amicably..

With regards the car if you alone paid for it then she should not be able to
touch it. But if you paid for it jointly then it might have to be sold.

With mine i basically said What i wanted and the cossie and she can have the
rest.

Was still a pain in the a$$ from start to finish tho to say the least !!
Old 26-01-2007, 08:43 AM
BUK

so how long do you actually have to be with someone before they can claim from you if you split up ?

say you have the follwoing

a business with multi million pound turnover
a nice house
a couple of nice cars
and a fiar wad of cash stashed away in banks and other palces

what would they be entitled to ?
Old 26-01-2007, 09:08 AM
Markb_s1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

according to my solicitor (currently going through the same as you Paul), if you've been together 5 years or less then you basically walk away with what you brought to the relationship, plus any money you've earned on that. (e.g. if you own the house 50/50 you'll get half of any increase in value each too.)
Old 26-01-2007, 09:10 AM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

the law is 50 50 she has half the marital assets and on the upside half the marital debts.
sort it out ammicably if you can
lawyers work on a no fight no fee basis so if you don't really have any assets they will advise you and her to just split nothing for the lawyer to grab.
If however you are Sir Paul Mcartney they roll out the red carpet and rub their hands together. Good luck it really does depend on your x if she wants to be bitter and tell her lawyer lies and run up values of items then you have to prove they are not worth that much.Best to keep your bank balance low stash the cash.Asset splitting works from date of seperation but who is to establish when that was.It is not the date of filing for a divorce.Make her pay to keep herself don't be soft you will be flushing your money down the toilet.

Alternatively get her a date with Fred west
Old 26-01-2007, 09:15 AM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Buk if she made herself a house wife and a lady of leisure and you gave her a lavish life style she is entitled to that life style you gave her.If she worked her nuts off had a good carear and you gave her nowt and kept her like a porper she is entitled to that.Anthing over a 12 month marriage is 50 50 taking into account the above .

Where is Fred West when you need him
Old 26-01-2007, 09:22 AM
BUK

Originally Posted by Turbosystems
Buk if she made herself a house wife and a lady of leisure and you gave her a lavish life style she is entitled to that life style you gave her.If she worked her nuts off had a good carear and you gave her nowt and kept her like a porper she is entitled to that.Anthing over a 12 month marriage is 50 50 taking into account the above .

Where is Fred West when you need him
fuck, best reconsider my options then
Old 26-01-2007, 09:32 AM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

My uncle gave me some advice many years ago I wish I had taken it "GIVE UM NOWT TELL UM NOWT "
Old 26-01-2007, 09:56 AM
dazzle740
PassionFord Regular

Hi there mate
also when i got divorced i took the posetions i took into the relationship (tv, stereo, pc ect ect) and the cossie she kept the house and all the furnishings then she paid me out
But also there is a form that you can sign thats prohibits her to try and get possesion of any moneys ect in the future
Old 26-01-2007, 09:58 AM
dazzle740
PassionFord Regular

ooops just realised i spelt possesions wrong the first time
Old 26-01-2007, 09:58 AM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

why do relationship splits boil down to money that age old saying whats yours is hers and whats hers is her own
Old 26-01-2007, 01:49 PM
diesel2000
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Mate, im going through the same thing at the minute and the best advice I can give you is not to ask anyone on a car forum for advice! No disrespect to anyone but just because one person gets a good, fair deal out of a divorce doesnt mean you are going to get the same. And ontop of that unfortunately you will get advice from people who have never been through the same situation and dont understand what goes with the territory

As for pensions, Frosty, all I can say is your wife had one crap solicitor if she didnt get her hands on your pensions because unfortunately its Law that she is entitled to a cut of your pension from the day you married her.

As for me, I went to see a solicitor who did a free first hour and he sets you straight, unfortunately im dealing with a 7 month old daughter too so I need to know about maintenence payments for my child, but he also told me that as long as my wife doesnt work or remarry then I have to pay her an allowance too which is decided by the courts if she wishes.

Go see a solicitor mate, you dont need to commit to anything on your first session. Oh and make sure its a bloke, my dad got a female solicitor and he may aswell have been married to her because she fucked him good and proper!

Good luck.
Old 26-01-2007, 01:56 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

stay out of court women always win in court men get shafted and i agree with
above use a man.

Use a mediator if you cannot sort it out amicably lawyer is last resort
Old 26-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Katie

Good luck...I really don't agree with the non working partner (whoever that is) getting such a huge cut of the working partners money...especially when there aren't kids.
Old 26-01-2007, 02:15 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

fred west is dead, so if you are looking for him you might need a shovel

as to why she can't screw you for the car, if the car is not in your name she can't claim it can she, so no point in hiding it away of "losing" it for a short while

as other have said, don't let it get messy otherwise you'll both end up skint, or perhaps you'll end up more skint than her because she'll get her lawyer to get you to pay her costs and shit
Old 26-01-2007, 02:20 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

you need to sit down with her come to an agreement and both sign it nip to a lawyer with it job done.
Old 26-01-2007, 04:38 PM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by dazzle740
ooops just realised i spelt possesions wrong the first time
and the 2nd

possessions

Old 26-01-2007, 04:44 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Tell her to fick off and give her a turd in a jiffy bag
Old 26-01-2007, 05:17 PM
G2 FSR
Advanced PassionFord User

Paul.......dont worry She's just a selfish bitch and to be honest, tell her to go ook herself. As you've said the isnt in your name and so she cant have half of what technically isnt yours at the mo

believe me........that car isnt going nowhere
Old 28-01-2007, 07:34 AM
TIFF
Chasing Radders

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting reading.......i need a bit of advise at the minute
Old 28-01-2007, 08:52 AM
rs shawn
S1 Database Editor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BUK
so how long do you actually have to be with someone before they can claim from you if you split up ?
say you have the follwoing
a business with multi million pound turnover
a nice house
a couple of nice cars
and a fiar wad of cash stashed away in banks and other palces
what would they be entitled to ?
Dunno, but will you marry me

PAULDPALMER got no divorce advice apart from seek proffessional help on the subject and good luck with it.
Old 28-01-2007, 11:38 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TIFF
Holy shit dude

Not that bad is it?
Old 28-01-2007, 12:56 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

tiff you just got married too mate

fucking shite when relationships go to shite aint it

the fucking worst thing i found when it happens is when you walk out the door and get in your car,,,,,,,, then you fucking realise you aint got a fucking place to live

thats the time when you realise what mates you have got and who are the real wankers in life !!!!

imo you should work with her,,,, give her space,,,,, try and be the understanding one,,,,, then sort out a deal and get the solicitors to confirm it legally,,,,, no point fighting over stuff as whats the point fighting to keep a 5k car when it costs you 3k in legal fees

with kids is even more wank as the fucking mums use them to emotionally fuck you,,,,,, as if you aint already fucked in the head with the situation

when my first relationship failed in got screwed over,,,, paied almost 5k in fees over time,,,, with a shite solicitor might i fucking add !!!! and in the end i sacked the bitch and went to court representing my self,,,, i lost EVERYTHING but i got half custody of my first child,,,,,, to me i won what my own solicitor said would never happen,,,,,,,, still lost my fucking home though that she moved her bloke who she dumped me for to move in with her 3 fucking days after the row where i left

women are fucking evil when they get given tool,,,, recon henry the 8th had the right idea when it come to divorces !!!
Old 28-01-2007, 04:46 PM
dojj

Ginge !

ouch, but at least you ain't bitter eh
Old 28-01-2007, 05:05 PM
EssexMikeSi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

If she wants half of the car mate and if its worth alot to u, do what ive heard people have done in past. Sell it to a mate for a £1. Then all she can have is 50p. Yea its another owner on the log book if ya do it properly so she cant swindle ya, but u can then get it back after (if ya mate wants to sell it bk to ya lol, make sure its a trustworthy mate lol)

Good luck tho mate. Dont think i'll ever get married, cant even find a !!descent!! girl who wants to be with me
Old 28-01-2007, 05:09 PM
DazC
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by TIFF
Fooking hell!! Good luck mate.
Old 28-01-2007, 05:20 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by dojj
Ginge !

ouch, but at least you ain't bitter eh
hey im MORE than bitter,,,,, theres REAL hate there trust me !!!

infact think it also gave me real trust issues and made me a little hard faced about people being close to me,,,,,,

fucking hate when women try and fuck there ex's over,,,, there should be a policy where if a person leave cause they dont wanna be together then all they should be allowed is there fucking coat

when the person leaves the sad cunt left behind looses his/her self esteam,,, confidence,,, there plans fo the future,,,, there ability to trust,,,,, when they got with her you already loose your fucking mates,,,, you also loose all them years of your life,,,, why the fuck should the cunt who done it be allowed to take anything else

ive ALWAYS told my missus that if i leave,,,, ill leave,,, wont expect anything off her,, wont take anything SHE also uses,,, wont even take the fucking house,,,,, i will leave as I chose to change my life,, why should she ahve to rebuild MORE than she already would have to !!!

if she left then,,,,, she better do the fucking same,,,,, if not ill fucking wrap her up in a carpet and and stick her in the fucking canal !!!!
Old 28-01-2007, 05:40 PM
dojj

i can see where you are ocming from

but if 2 people decide they want to split then they hsould share things out, if one decides to leave they hsould get a bag of their stuff together and walk out the door, not make the other one walk out with jack

i know that me and the mrs won't split up because of the way we are, we might not sleep in the same houses if it came to that, but divorce owuld mean either me being out on my own wiht no family or her, and thats why we don't get divorced

it's a fucker though but i think people should either live together and take it as it comes, if there is any infidelity then the other person should have the right to everything, or they hsould live on their own and not have partners

it's even worse when you have kids because then they get fucked over, normally by the mothers
Old 28-01-2007, 05:46 PM
COSSIE 1

[/quote]

hey im MORE than bitter,,,,, theres REAL hate there trust me !!!

infact think it also gave me real trust issues and made me a little hard faced about people being close to me,,,,,,

fucking hate when women try and fuck there ex's over,,,, there should be a policy where if a person leave cause they dont wanna be together then all they should be allowed is there fucking coat

when the person leaves the sad cunt left behind looses his/her self esteam,,, confidence,,, there plans fo the future,,,, there ability to trust,,,,, when they got with her you already loose your fucking mates,,,, you also loose all them years of your life,,,, why the fuck should the cunt who done it be allowed to take anything else
[/quote]

AMEN mate ALL the things above are how i feel ......and i gave her love and support through 6yrs of serious illness which fucks me off even more ...BITCH!!
Old 28-01-2007, 05:50 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

ALSO a thing to remeber when splitting is LOADS of people say kids aint affected by it,,,,,,WHAT A FUCKING LOAD OF BOLLOCKS !!!!!

me and the missus once and a few issues and my little one kept asking me where her mummy was and would then ask nikki where her daddy was as we would hand the child over and that was it,,,,,,, we was lucky though as my missus realised ive got a huge cock and would never find a man that treats her as good as me,,,,, not to mention she just bought the carpet and shes dont like swiming in a canal as its cold in the winter even with a carpet to keep her warm

as i said though,,,, who ever chooses to leave should fucking do that,,,, its only fucking fair,,,, the kids then should be left at there home,,,,, that means if your working and she aint then she gets the NEW job of baby sitting whilst your at work and then she can fuck off in the evening to get shagged by a fucking rugby team for all i care,,, aslong as i get to keep what i fucking worked for and kept MY end of the deal !!!
Old 28-01-2007, 05:51 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

ALSO a thing to remeber when splitting is LOADS of people say kids aint affected by it,,,,,,WHAT A FUCKING LOAD OF BOLLOCKS !!!!!

me and the missus once and a few issues and my little one kept asking me where her mummy was and would then ask nikki where her daddy was as we would hand the child over and that was it,,,,,,, we was lucky though as my missus realised ive got a huge cock and would never find a man that treats her as good as me,,,,, not to mention she just bought the carpet and shes dont like swiming in a canal as its cold in the winter even with a carpet to keep her warm

as i said though,,,, who ever chooses to leave should fucking do that,,,, its only fucking fair,,,, the kids then should be left at there home,,,,, that means if your working and she aint then she gets the NEW job of baby sitting whilst your at work and then she can fuck off in the evening to get shagged by a fucking rugby team for all i care,,, aslong as i get to keep what i fucking worked for and kept MY end of the deal !!!

Quick Reply: DIVORCE QUESTION?.......!!