General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Anyone in Devon? Scavenging from wrecked container ship?

Search this Thread

Old 23-01-2007, 12:00 PM
Franco
10K+ Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So because soemthings water damaged means its not worth anything??...............Why the fuck are they robbing them! Salvage rights mate, all the goods have a value! That operation will cost millions.........if not billions to put right!

If i leave my front door open, does that mean its okay to rob all my stuff (yes it would be stupid but think about it logically!).

Anyway bet its all the Taffy's on the rob, i bet the Severn Bridge was heaving this morning!
Old 23-01-2007, 12:06 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fook of you lot got it more than covered taking the stuff, i bette half the Devon population was swiming out to the velsel before any containers were washed over board

I know it will stll have a vaule, but to bmw they are worthless now so will only be sold on by insurance Co's to gain some money back.

It not a case of breaking into the containers as if everything was 100% fine. Imo people taking shoes and nappies etc are very sad, but the Motor bikes and car parts

I honestly wouldnt take anything like that though, as i know with my like i would get rapped up the arse by the old bill. But i would try and roll a barrell of that wine away
Old 23-01-2007, 06:24 PM
James
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah the bmw stuff, wine etc etc who cares, no-one is gonna want it back as it will all be covered by somones insurance at the end of the day.

But people stealing other peoples personal belongings is just wrong.
That said apparently it's all been returned and is with the coastgaurd.