General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Knocked someone off there bike in my car...

Search this Thread

Old 19-01-2007, 01:31 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knocked someone off there bike in my car...

I was stuck in heavy traffic, And it hadn't moved in 3 hours. Was really thirsty and there wasa garage just up the road, So i wonderd if i could jump out and get a can of coke from the garage before the traffic moved. I waited another half an hour and it was clear the traffic wasn't going to move. So i opend my door and as i did i heard screeching and next thing a scooter came crashing into my door. He slid forward and smacked his balls on the front of the scooter and then fell to the side. I jumped out my car to see if he was ok and he couldn't get away quick enough. All my car door is creased and wouldn't close. I was trying to see if he was injured but he was just trying to get back on his bike and go. I wasn't sure who was in the right as he was weaving traffic but i think that's legal so it was my fault. I'm not botherd about the door but he looked in discomfort. But there was nothing i could do as he fucked off? So what do i do now? Have my door fixed and just forget about him? I have his regestraion. But that's about it.

Cheers, Benni.
Old 19-01-2007, 01:52 AM
rslrallye

just get your door fixed and forget about it as i think your in the worng.he might say that the traffic was moving.sorry to here about that
Old 19-01-2007, 01:55 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

The sad thing is all the cars around were laughing and beeping there horns, And i didn't want to laugh. But when i got that thought in my head 'If my window had of been open' I just started laughing. But he had gone by then.

rslrallye Cheers mate, Will do.
Old 19-01-2007, 01:57 AM
rslrallye

lol
Old 19-01-2007, 01:58 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Do you think it's worth finding out where he lives and seeing if he's ok? Or just forget it ever happend full stop?

Cheers, Benni.
Old 19-01-2007, 01:59 AM
Alan s1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by rslrallye
just get your door fixed and forget about it as i think your in the worng.he might say that the traffic was moving.sorry to here about that

Sorry but WTF

He was in and out of traffic so he was in the wrong serves the twat right should que and wait like all of use ,
And as for him riding off report him to the old bill he should fork the bill to repair your door He was riding without due care ect
Old 19-01-2007, 02:02 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Alan s1 So weaving is illegal? Something i didn't know.

Trending Topics

Old 19-01-2007, 02:27 AM
Alan s1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Benni
IMO its like driving down the hard shoulder when ever over fucker has to sit in there land waiting
Im a Lorry driver so things like this piss me off if it was legal to weave in and out of traffic and push between cars and lorrys ect there be a lane there for them to use !!!!!!!!!!

And as he left with out giving you details then he's broken the law if you had agree to "not worry about the damage" then thats a differnt story
Old 19-01-2007, 05:32 AM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Alan s1
IMO its like driving down the hard shoulder when ever over fucker has to sit in there land waiting
Im a Lorry driver so things like this piss me off if it was legal to weave in and out of traffic and push between cars and lorrys ect there be a lane there for them to use !!!!!!!!!!

And as he left with out giving you details then he's broken the law if you had agree to "not worry about the damage" then thats a differnt story
total bollocks,its called filtering and if you dont do it on your bike test you used to fail for it,its total legal,the biker was doing nothing wrong.

unless he was on the back wheel.
Old 19-01-2007, 05:42 AM
Jasesapphy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He also left the scene of a accident

BUt i would just forget it and get the door sorted

Old 19-01-2007, 05:46 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

TF Rallyesport He was on 2 wheels... Then his front wheel.... Then not on any wheels at all... FPMSL! I know i shouldn't laugh but what else can i do?
Old 19-01-2007, 06:25 AM
Deano
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by TF Rallyesport
Originally Posted by Alan s1

total bollocks,its called filtering and if you dont do it on your bike test you used to fail for it,its total legal,the biker was doing nothing wrong.

unless he was on the back wheel.
Agreed , filtering isnt illegal at all , and in all honesty it would be classed as your fault as clearly you didnt check your mirrors before opening your door .

The only reason I can think of him not stopping is because he wasnt legal to ride the thing no insurance license etc , if that had been a genuine legal biker youd be going through an insurance claim right about now
Old 19-01-2007, 07:07 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

as above. filtering is legal, although should be done with care and attention.

your fault for opening the door without looking. do not just forget that it ever happened, cos you might do it again learn from it to always check your mirror and look over your shoulder before opening a door.

he's stupid for scooting off, unless he wasn't legal. i would have had your insurance details off you or some cash

next time they may be going faster and do you and your car some serious damage, or it could be a cyclist with no protective clothing
Old 19-01-2007, 07:10 AM
cossie4i+
TT T38 Power

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Deano

The only reason I can think of him not stopping is because he wasnt legal to ride the thing no insurance license etc , if that had been a genuine legal biker youd be going through an insurance claim right about now
This is what i think as well.

Steve.
Old 19-01-2007, 07:12 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

foreigneRS I checked my mirror, I always have and will but after checking the mirror i went to open the door and it was locked, So i clicked the key in the ignition to let me out and then opened it and smack bang. He came from no where. Not saying it was his fault though, I admit it was my fault just the way he was quick to escape made me wonder who's fault it was.
Old 19-01-2007, 07:47 AM
John Laverick
PassionFord Post Troll

You should report the accident to the police anyway as I believe its you're legal duty to report all accidents??

As above...you are at fault in my opinion and the ONLY reason he has ridden off is because he wasn't legally riding the bike.
Old 19-01-2007, 08:30 AM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

did you get his reg plate. I'd report the cunt for leaving at the scene of an accident
Old 19-01-2007, 08:32 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Yes, I got his plate.
Old 19-01-2007, 10:44 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Benni so you didn't check the mirror immediatley before opening the door or look over your shoulder to check in the blind spot?

maybe i'm wrong, but aren't you still quite new to driving? if so, don't be harsh on yourself (i'm not trying to be harsh to you), but try and learn from it. it's the little mistakes in life that give us experience
Old 19-01-2007, 10:49 AM
Alan s1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ok so it is legal well sorry if anyone wants to do it then there tuff shit if they get nocked off imho some bikers are better then others but some realy push it trying to get though the gaps

As said im a HGV Driver and i get realy pissed off when bikers push thought when theres a gap only just wide enough May have some thing to do with me working i london and have lots of twat do this

So why have they the RIGHT to do it as imho theres not a lane there for them to do it am i right in saying you cant ride side by side on the main road if so why is "filtering" legal then

Just my Views as a Driver and as i do it ever night/day i see alot of twats on the road cars inclueding
Old 19-01-2007, 10:52 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Alan s1 why should motorcycles not be allowed to filter in traffic if done safely?

what harm does it to you or anyone else stuck in a jam? is it just jealousy because you can't move but they can?
Old 19-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Dan
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Jasesapphy
He also left the scene of a accident

BUt i would just forget it and get the door sorted

Old 19-01-2007, 11:07 AM
Alan s1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by foreigneRS
Alan s1 why should motorcycles not be allowed to filter in traffic if done safely?

what harm does it to you or anyone else stuck in a jam? is it just jealousy because you can't move but they can?
Alot of them in London dont do it Safely that is the problem as a hgv driver i've seen lots of tossers going though gaps that are to tight for them

And as for this case if he had to lock the brakes he was going to fast as if you are "filtering" you should be aware that doors could open on you or people walking out from behind cars lorrys

I have moved over in the past as a motorbike has held back so i let him past SAFELY
Old 19-01-2007, 11:07 AM
arch
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Just report it to your local nick, as soon as possible and in any case within 24 hours (injury collision).

Look at it this way, he may have gone and already reported it himself.

I'd cover me arse so to speak.
Old 19-01-2007, 11:10 AM
Drewman
Advanced PassionFord User

guaranteed he wasn't insured....
Old 19-01-2007, 11:16 AM
Phil
Jeebus

I would report it just in case he reports it. But also the scooter may be stolen or he is riding with no license/insurance which the Police may (but probably wont) follow up on. Maybe he is claiming benefits but actually isn't that ill and if he were caught on his bike it would prove it.

There are lots of reasons you should report it!
Old 19-01-2007, 11:17 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

report him to the police for hitting your car and riding off
say you were in shock when it happened and the guy left without exchanging details

pold will probably tell you to fill a form out and then do sod all, but at least you've covered yourself from any unforseen problems in the future
Old 19-01-2007, 11:34 AM
Finch-inaCos
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

You do really need to report this. As mentioned above the little c*nt could be in the process of stitching you up.

Also, if he is not insured or legal then he cannot claim against you. You should be taking him to court to reclaim the cost of the damage. (If you can be bothered)
Old 19-01-2007, 11:34 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

nail, head

other people don't like queing when bikers don't have to
Old 19-01-2007, 12:09 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Alan s1 good man if someone moves over for me, they will get a wave of thanks everytime
Old 19-01-2007, 01:17 PM
Alan s1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Lambchop

nail, head

other people don't like queing when bikers don't have to
I dont have a problem its when they try and PUCH though a gap thats to small ect

As said i will move over for them if i can Its just the way this person left the sceen and whot i have seen in London when i was doing multi drop just make me angre
Old 19-01-2007, 01:19 PM
Alan s1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Alan s1 good man if someone moves over for me, they will get a wave of thanks everytime
i'd rather move over if i can to make it safer its just the ones that will push thought no matter whot
But theres car drivers out there aswell that do the same thing its apart of life today imho
Old 19-01-2007, 01:33 PM
PhilM
PassionBMW.com Member

LOL @ People posting serious replies to Benni.

Has nobody noticed how many stories he has posted, him and his mate Gary? All a little far fetched, some of them amusing, but still

If he was a woman he'd have been told to fook off with his timewasting attention seeking sh*t a long time ago

Still, loved the story about Gary wanking over your sister while she slept Don't beleive a word of this one though.

Keep dreaming eh
Old 19-01-2007, 01:40 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

me too

i hate when i'm in the car and i let a biker through that doesnt wave
Old 19-01-2007, 01:45 PM
Paul_RS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Most bikers seem to nod at me when i let them past? I've seen a few stick they knee out as well? What does that mean lol.
Old 19-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Originally Posted by rs nutter
Most bikers seem to nod at me when i let them past? I've seen a few stick they knee out as well? What does that mean lol.
not the knee up?!?

that means fuck off you cunt
Old 19-01-2007, 02:08 PM
Paul_RS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Nah they sorta put their knee out? Almost like they were putting it down to corner hard, but they don't lean over?
Old 19-01-2007, 02:14 PM
XR-RS
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

does that not mean they have cramp from sitting hunched up ?

i always move over for bikers, most give a wave or a nod

The sad thing is all the cars around were laughing and beeping there horns, And i didn't want to laugh. But when i got that thought in my head 'If my window had of been open' I just started laughing. But he had gone by then.
Thats funny though
Old 19-01-2007, 02:46 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Originally Posted by rs nutter
Nah they sorta put their knee out? Almost like they were putting it down to corner hard, but they don't lean over?
same thing mate

you maybe doing something wrong
Old 19-01-2007, 02:58 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

it's an action to show them opening their legs for you to lick their balls

Quick Reply: Knocked someone off there bike in my car...