General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

anyone here have back problems/pains

Search this Thread

Old 18-01-2007, 07:35 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default anyone here have back problems/pains

lower back pains and IF so what pain killers do you all use

my back has always given me problems but this week im in fucking agony,,,,, serious agony and been to the quacks and been given co-dydrymol and dicloflex,,,,,,,,,

they aint fucking working and wanna know if hes given me some fucking wanky placebo or just some prescription asprin

fucking killing me and after waiting 6 fucking days to see the cunt i expect to be given fucking morphine,,,,,, hes told me to come back if they dont start working by monday
Old 18-01-2007, 07:36 PM
mark
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thay will take a day to start working ginge

go for a swim that will help
Old 18-01-2007, 07:56 PM
matt p
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also try acupuncture to mate worked a treat for me
Old 18-01-2007, 07:57 PM
SassyRS
Little Miss...

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

volterol is good, depends on the individual tbh.
Old 18-01-2007, 08:02 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

my back has been bad for a few months now due to me hunching over on my broken chair at my pc. i got a new chair but still didnt help.

but I've using Chinese herbal treatment on it. Wood lock rubbed on my back and im taking Xiao Huo Luo Wan pills.

in the past 3/4 days my back has become a lot better. and i mean a lot better

expensive but worth a try get it from any herbal place or online is cheaper
Old 18-01-2007, 08:04 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

diclofenac is only an anti inflammatory so doesnt actually do a great deal for the pain, ive got mid back pain and tbh nothing really helps apart from heat, ive got one of them wheat bag things i whack in the microwave and its great

tramadol is a very strong painkiller, though docs dont tend to prescribe it much as it gives you hallucinations etc
Old 18-01-2007, 08:04 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Osteopath mate - get your back re-set.
Old 18-01-2007, 08:06 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

fucking day or 2 to work

can you imagine buying a 8th of punk/gram of charlie or a few E's in a club and the bloke saying " will take a few days to work mate

fucking doctors have to realise what peoples NEEDS are,,,, been waiting 6 fucking days for a quack to not even LOOK at my back but fucking type my symptoms and give me pills,,,,, why cant they just say what i need, collect the prescription and ill then turn up after 6 days and say " im cured"

ive been in fucking AGONY for 6 days,,,,, i went the doctor and spend under 20 quid on a prescription,,,,,, for that i want fucking effects after 30 mins like when i phone my "other" doctor
Old 18-01-2007, 08:09 PM
Etty
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

When my back is bad i always go to my physio man. Gives me exercises to do , always works. You could try a packet of frozen peas on your back, helps numb the pain.
Old 18-01-2007, 08:11 PM
Mark Shead
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 223 Likes on 193 Posts

Go to someone that know,s about backs and not someone that just gives you pain killers this is what I recommend as I have mechanics back real tears .

Mark
Old 18-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by matt p
sorry mate but,,,,,, I HAVE PAIN IN MY BACK,,,,,,, dont really see how stabbing my back with cocktail sticks will work INLESS thats gonna hurt soo much more that i will not care about the other pain to to me screaming in agony

as for the chinesse herbal stuff,,,,, i was in the chemist and he was sugesting that stuck too,, things like shark cartledge,,,, wild yam, eye of newt, wing of a bat

im not into gothic devil worship either

i want a pain killer,,,, i want a pain killer that works better than ketamine if your gonna charge me more for it and make me wait to see the dealer/ make me go ELSEWHERE to collect it from the drop man AND THEN CANT SAY ITS GONNA ACTUALLY FIX THE PAIN

fucking docters need to understand what dealing drugs is about

what can i ask for and he will give me thats gonna work,,,,, and i dont give a shite if it makes me drowsey,,,,, i couldnt care if it makes me think im a bottle of shampoo just aslong as it ALSO makes me think im no longer in pain

think im gonna go vets tommorow as my fucking dog got better pain killers for his back,,,,,, why do we ahve to suffer like animals
Old 18-01-2007, 08:17 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by madevelopments
Go to someone that know,s about backs and not someone that just gives you pain killers this is what I recommend as I have mechanics back real tears .

Mark
mark i will,,,,,, but at the moment the pain is SOO bad that all i want is pain killers,,, when that stops ill get it fixed,,,,,

i think pain killers should be treated like the AA,,,, your car breaks down,,, he tows ya home

you get pain,,,, you take a pill,,,,,, you gets home

NOW when your home,,, you use that time to relax and get the car/back fixed
Old 18-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Ginge !
Originally Posted by matt p
sorry mate but,,,,,, I HAVE PAIN IN MY BACK,,,,,,, dont really see how stabbing my back with cocktail sticks will work INLESS thats gonna hurt soo much more that i will not care about the other pain to to me screaming in agony

as for the chinesse herbal stuff,,,,, i was in the chemist and he was sugesting that stuck too,, things like shark cartledge,,,, wild yam, eye of newt, wing of a bat

im not into gothic devil worship either

i want a pain killer,,,, i want a pain killer that works better than ketamine if your gonna charge me more for it and make me wait to see the dealer/ make me go ELSEWHERE to collect it from the drop man AND THEN CANT SAY ITS GONNA ACTUALLY FIX THE PAIN

fucking docters need to understand what dealing drugs is about

what can i ask for and he will give me thats gonna work,,,,, and i dont give a shite if it makes me drowsey,,,,, i couldnt care if it makes me think im a bottle of shampoo just aslong as it ALSO makes me think im no longer in pain

think im gonna go vets tommorow as my fucking dog got better pain killers for his back,,,,,, why do we ahve to suffer like animals
Don't knock it mate my dad had a heart bypass and moving him about (he's a big fucking lump ) they ripped his shoulder. The muscle repaired but the only thing that got rid of the pain was acupuncture................
Old 18-01-2007, 08:27 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

was the stick used to pin his muscle together

im not knocking it,,,,, im actually gonna try it,,,, but the NHS dont have a perscription for that,,,, so pain killers is what i want,,,, seriously i get back pains all the time when working on cars/painting/ lifting ect as i ahve back trouble,,,, but this fucking pain is KILLING ME, ive never been this bad,,,, usually it goes after afew days with resting,,,, this is getting worse,,,,, thetosser tried to sugest fucking ibuprofen/paracetomol untill i told him ive been eaating co codamol aswell as codine tablets every hour ton take the edge off,,,,, he even tried to lecture me about the liver effects,,,,,, FUCKING HELLO,,,,, MY LIVER IS FINE,,,, CAN WE TALK ABOUT MY FUCKING BACK PLEASE AS I CAN HAVE A CUNTING LIVER TRANSPLANT ONCE THE FUCKING PAIN IS GONE

not to mention the amount of recreational drugs and binge drinking,,,,, doubt these pills are gonna be worse than purple aftershock chasers with everypint then jd and cokes 7pm till 8am all weekend
Old 18-01-2007, 08:30 PM
Mark Shead
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 223 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by madevelopments

Mark
mark i will,,,,,, but at the moment the pain is SOO bad that all i want is pain killers,,, when that stops ill get it fixed,,,,,

i think pain killers should be treated like the AA,,,, your car breaks down,,, he tows ya home

you get pain,,,, you take a pill,,,,,, you gets home

NOW when your home,,, you use that time to relax and get the car/back fixed
It may be the best time to fix it, I would at least speak to a pro and see what they say then you know whats best.

Mark
Old 18-01-2007, 08:33 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

mark ive done physio before and im booked in to ahve some more in 3 weeks,,,,,, all they do is tell me stretching,,, tell me the last six vertabre have lots of movement,,,,, give me electroshock therapy and tell me im fat and that wont help my back

I WANT RID OF THE PAIN !!!!

though the shock thingy fucking works a treat !!!!
Old 18-01-2007, 08:35 PM
arch
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

A couple of years back I slipped a lower disc, was stuck on the floor so the missus rang ambo, they came, give me some gas and tried to get me up, I nearly broke the poor blokes thumb as he pulled me up, christ it hurt.

Anyway, went to hospital they gave me morphine, no effect, couple of hours later more morphine, no effect so they chucked me on a spinal board and dropped me off home, left me where they found me on the loung floor. There I stayed for two days.

Got one of them chiro whatsits to come round, he manipulated me back and eased it loads.

Whilst none of me story may help, I feel your pain.
Old 18-01-2007, 08:37 PM
Eagle
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

tramadol will work
Old 18-01-2007, 08:38 PM
essex_jamie
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

i have a fooked back cant lift anything heavy (over 15kgs) and the physcho said that will last till i get strength back in my lower back around 5 years it was my jobb that caused it and now i have had to leave im only 24 with a busted back, anyway i take 8 tablets a day two differetn types ill get yu the names one is for pain relief and the other to release endorphins (i think thats what its called) to help relax the back, but after 4-6 weeks you need to change the tablets as your body will get immune to them, best thing i have ever got is a Solpadeine digital pain relief (Tens) machine it is awesome sends electrods through the pain in your back you just put the electro pads where ever you have pain and crack the settings up to a comfortable level and it is such a relief

also get some deep heat bubble bath thats very good
Old 18-01-2007, 08:40 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by arch
A couple of years back I slipped a lower disc, was stuck on the floor so the missus rang ambo, they came, give me some gas and tried to get me up, I nearly broke the poor blokes thumb as he pulled me up, christ it hurt.

Anyway, went to hospital they gave me morphine, no effect, couple of hours later more morphine, no effect so they chucked me on a spinal board and dropped me off home, left me where they found me on the loung floor. There I stayed for two days.

Got one of them chiro whatsits to come round, he manipulated me back and eased it loads.

Whilst none of me story may help, I feel your pain.

so wha your saying is call a ambulance and they will give me morphine,,,, or am i just reading the nice parts of the post

my old man sliped a disc,,,,, he done JUST what you done,,,,, was on the floor for 3 days,,,,, THE ONLY TIME I EVER USED THE HOOVER IN MY MUMS HOUSE

worst thing is i aint got a clue what i done to my back,,, it just started ton hurt and got bad
Old 18-01-2007, 08:42 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

tens machine,,,, thats what the physion used on me

ebay link to this please
Old 18-01-2007, 08:52 PM
PinkRinse
PassionFord Regular

I've found those Cura Heat pads are really good. They say to stick them over clothes (i.e. on to your pants) but I just whack them straight on to the skin. I've had a bad back for quite some time and when it flares up (agonising pain in my back, sciatic pain shooting down my legs til it hurts to move a foot etc) one of those and some anti inflammatories work a treat.

When my sister knackered her back she was given anti inflammatories and a pain killer called di-hydracodeine (sp?).

Like MR S1 suggested I go to an osteopath just to keep things sweet. They won't necessarily do all that scary cracking stuff but gently manipulate you, use a TENS machine or a massaging machine.

You can get a TENS machine from larger Boots shops.
Old 18-01-2007, 08:58 PM
essex_jamie
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

ebay link to this please
got my mum to get it from her pharamacy lol but llyods pharmacy sell them
get one
Old 18-01-2007, 08:59 PM
Eagle
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ebay link to this please
try lloyds chemists mate .. normally do deals on stuff everymonth .. saw one not long ago for Ł10
Old 18-01-2007, 09:30 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Pack of ice on the back for 10 mins...try and keep mobile...
Old 18-01-2007, 09:31 PM
Katie

Get your little girl to hit your hand with a hammer..you won't be able to feel your back. Magic
Old 18-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
Pack of ice on the back for 10 mins...try and keep mobile...

mate of you stuck a back of ice on my back ill be fucking on the ceiling,,,, cold shite on a painfull back,,,,,,

and keep mobile,,,,, what you mean like morning jogs or drive about all night collecting shopping and laundry

fuck that,,,, now i know why your a builder,,,, your doctor skils suck

the doctor said stick a board under the matteress,,,,, HOW THE FUCK AM I GONNA PICK UP MY MATTERESS WITH A BAD BACK COCK END

THOUGH in his deffence i didnt think of that till in took the bedroom door off and went to lift the cunt
Old 18-01-2007, 09:58 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Ok i know nothing Ginge as i dont suffer with my back
Old 18-01-2007, 10:01 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

buy a ice pack ,works for me My back gets sore,ever since i was hit by a drink driver
Old 18-01-2007, 10:04 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

davemark

ice doesnt work apparantly... I must dream it
Old 18-01-2007, 10:05 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

where abouts in your back does it hurt?
lower?
upper?
between the shoulder blades?
just above your arse cheeks?
to the side?
what were you doing when it went?

get a back brace or one of them lifting belts, the wide ones, and strap yourself up
if you are moving loads then this isn't going to help
and sleep on the floor on your back, it will take some of the pain away

if you have just pulled a muscle then it will heal after a few days/weeks but you will feel it for ages afterwards

if it's a disc then you'll be wanting traction, where they hang you upside down or pull your arms off sort of thing

broke my back 16 years ago almost to the day, and the fucker still hurts now but if you want pain killing drugs they'll send you loopy to numb the pain, better to feel it so you know what sort of movements to avoid doing

good luck mate, hope you get better soon
Old 18-01-2007, 10:06 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

davemark

ice doesnt work apparantly... I must dream it
Works for me mate ! ! Worth a try i guess
Old 18-01-2007, 10:09 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Ok i know nothing Ginge as i dont suffer with my back
hey im winding you up grumpy

hows the kiddy too matey,,,, need some happy news to help rid the pain,,,, and new parents always have stories to make you laugh

though i am worried about asking that as i had a joke with a customer at work today and FUCK ME did i stick my foot in it

i ALWAYS make fun cause the way he talks about his missus so when he called up i was a little spaced out on pain killers and asked him if hes missus has finally dumped him for a real man

turns out she walked out on him at christmas to move in with a bloke shes been seeing for a few months behind his back,,,,,,,,, AND we never had the part in stock ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, we ALWAYS have coil packs in stock though i told him and i can get him one first thing in the morning as he started to cry on the phone

true storey btw,,, apart from we did have the coil pack in stock but he did start to cry
Old 18-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

im not FUCKING GRUMPY

pmsl

just thought you were turning advice down as usual

Babies fine thanks Been a bit unsettled today but apart from that great..

Very frustrating tho when you dont know whats up with them cos they cant tell you...so they cry
Old 18-01-2007, 10:16 PM
POPEYE
FAIRY CAKE

i have really bad back pains, i send most nights on the sofa as i find i have a better nights sleeps, my mother is class as disabled because of her back and i reckon i could go the same way when im a lot older.
found out when i did my medicals to get over here i have a curve in my back ( sideways curve, not a hunchback curve lol )

i dont worry about it though im used to the pain, besides being this good looking i surpose i have to have something wrong with me, ol and the small cock
Old 18-01-2007, 10:18 PM
POPEYE
FAIRY CAKE

ps, your still ginger, cant say much more than that lol
Old 18-01-2007, 10:19 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

POPEYE

gidday
Old 18-01-2007, 10:23 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

to be fair to the little child the poor thing has spent 9 months in a dark warm room,,,,, then come out and when seeing you is prob crying thinking that jim galbally is the dad

lee did you notice just how natural holding your child was but when holding others before you had a child you didnt feel comfortable

also did you find it strange that you started to cry for NO REASON when you first saw your child,,,,,,, seriously child birth is freeky and one of lifes mysterys aint it

pops,,,,,,, you cant get much older can you
Old 18-01-2007, 10:26 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

to be fair to the little child the poor thing has spent 9 months in a dark warm room,,,,, then come out and when seeing you is prob crying thinking that jim galbally is the dad

lee did you notice just how natural holding your child was but when holding others before you had a child you didnt feel comfortable

also did you find it strange that you started to cry for NO REASON when you first saw your child,,,,,,, seriously child birth is freeky and one of lifes mysterys aint it

pops,,,,,,, you cant get much older can you
yes to all those

Fuck off to gallballox tho
Old 18-01-2007, 10:28 PM
POPEYE
FAIRY CAKE

hey i might be old, BUT FUCK BEING GINGER

sorry but all ginger people should be put down at birth

Quick Reply: anyone here have back problems/pains