General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Re-posessed house!

Search this Thread

Old 18-01-2007, 03:25 PM
shane
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re-posessed house!

Has anyone off here ever bought a house that has been re-posessed? Im looking at one and it seems alot of hassle,mainly as u can be outbid up until the point of exchange!

Its not as if the house is even cheap for what it is and ive already paid the asking price,its just that we like the house!

Just wanna hear other people experiences!
Old 18-01-2007, 03:36 PM
Rippers
Monte Geek

Always a problem with snatch backs, the agents have to leave them on the market till exchange.. and some even print the offers in the paper! its a gamble but depends how good the price is and how quickly you can arrange finances and how quick your solictitor is.

If the deal is good enough my Investors/builders can exchange in 2/3days
Old 18-01-2007, 03:41 PM
charlie luciano
10K+ Poster!!

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts
Default repo house

Have not lost out on a repo but have twice under normal circumstances, first time loved this two bed house, put in an offer, estate agent said someone else has bid full asking price, offered full asking, agent said someone else has bid more, then got into a kinda bidding war which in the end I lost, agent cunt

second time nice 1 bed flat in a nice cul de sac, viewed, offered and was told excepted, had survey done, paid solicitor some cash, then seller said we have changed our mind about moving, might have well as burnt the money at least I would have got some warmth off of it,

Very stressful buying property cos you can loose money right up until the last minute, along with that comes the major disappointment when you really take to a property, business in run by tossers namely estate agents,

Good luck

Luciano
Old 18-01-2007, 03:46 PM
Rippers
Monte Geek

Default Re: repo house

Originally Posted by charlie luciano
Have not lost out on a repo but have twice under normal circumstances, first time loved this two bed house, put in an offer, estate agent said someone else has bid full asking price, offered full asking, agent said someone else has bid more, then got into a kinda bidding war which in the end I lost, agent cunt
How was that the agents fault? we have a legal obligation to put forward all offers we get.. the house was obviously worth more to the other buyer so you lost out.. see it all the time but the problem is if two people bid one person will always lose
Old 18-01-2007, 03:52 PM
charlie luciano
10K+ Poster!!

Default Re: repo house

[quote="Paul RipleyHow was that the agents fault? we have a legal obligation to put forward all offers we get.. the house was obviously worth more to the other buyer so you lost out.. see it all the time but the problem is if two people bid one person will always lose [/quote]

Estate agents fall into the catergory of people who earn a lot of money from doing fuck all, they give me the hump and did on this ocassion, sorry but I think their all mugs and if anyone of em was on fire I would come running with a can of petrol.

Luciano
Old 18-01-2007, 03:55 PM
Rippers
Monte Geek

ok then......
Old 18-01-2007, 03:55 PM
Franco
10K+ Poster!!

Old 18-01-2007, 04:59 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

went to see a hosue after geting the runaround only last monday because the agent said the seller couldn't do a viewing any sooner

then the agent called me teusday to say the house had been sold by someone who saw it on the satudarday and offered £10k MORE

i told him i'd call him back, the cunt
Old 18-01-2007, 05:05 PM
charlie luciano
10K+ Poster!!

Default repo

Originally Posted by dojj
went to see a hosue after geting the runaround only last monday because the agent said the seller couldn't do a viewing any sooner

then the agent called me teusday to say the house had been sold by someone who saw it on the satudarday and offered £10k MORE

i told him i'd call him back, the cunt

Exactly my point....agents are greedy fuckers, the more they sell a property for, the more money goes in their lined pockets, wankers the lot of em!

Luciano
Old 18-01-2007, 05:38 PM
cozzfather
C.R.E.A.M.

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

my mate bought one and there was just about radiators and a boiler
and doors left, the repo men took the lot including door handles
lights and bulbs and door nocker.
was no trouble buying it exept the next door neighbour was mates
with the family kicked out and he was anti-social for years.
he moved in the end because he hated the fuc#ers
Old 18-01-2007, 07:05 PM
Rippers
Monte Geek

Agents are paid to act on the behalf of the vendor, its the vendor that accepts the offers not the agent.. if you owned a house and you had agreed a sale then someone else offered you £10k what would you do?

The acceptance of an offer from a vendor is not always about price either.. depends on your position aswell.. do you have your finances in place, how long your chain is etc..

The bare fact is that the house is worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.. if two people want a house there will always be a loser..

Sometimes I have identical offers from people in identical positions.. the individual cases are put to the vendor and THEY choose who they sell to
Old 18-01-2007, 08:39 PM
KregRS
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still doesnt explain why you get paids loads for doing fuck all? My house was on the market for roughly 1 day before I had an offer and accepted it, I was expected to pay just under 2grand for what equates to 1 days work. I agree with others on here, I wouldn't piss on any eatate agent if they were on fire. What exactly do you do? Advertise a house, arrange viewings and write a few letters, hardly hard work is it.
Old 18-01-2007, 09:20 PM
cozzfather
C.R.E.A.M.

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i used to work for a local newspaper, and when i found the price
of 2 full broadsheet pages full colour adverts for estate agents,it made me think they do have some big overheads especially when it goes quiet
and they still stump up thousands for ads, i have had some argy bargy
with estate agents in the past, but fact is they work selling houses
Old 18-01-2007, 09:32 PM
Rippers
Monte Geek

If we do fuck all Why did you use one then?

Don't get me wrong I totally understand where the hate comes from, some of the agents I have to deal with are shocking.. arrogent, smarmy, wide boy pricks..

Its usually the corperate agency's that are the worst, an employee of mine was activly encouraged to lie when they worked for a certain national estate agency

My family business pride ourselves on being nothing like those types of agents and most of our buisness is from recommendation and repeat buisness. I live and work very closely in my area and have no interest in going around upsetting people, this buisness has got to last me the rest of my life!

I can find the business can very hard when your pre judged by the standards of others but that comes with the teritory..

btw £2K fee was cheap
Old 18-01-2007, 09:50 PM
dojj

estate agents tend to have this image of being not very nice
thus you arebeing tarred with the same brush
unfortunate though it is, you may just have to move along and let others not buy houses off of you

i remember you alreayd explained yourself in a previous thread so no need to defend yourself here

sure, the agent who sold me my last house was a grade A cunt, and i told him that to his face when he saw loads of money slipping through his fingers
he soon gave me the keys htough, on the day i wanted them and haven't seen him since, a proper cockend he was
and his boss was worse
Old 19-01-2007, 06:29 AM
Franco
10K+ Poster!!

Just to lighten the mood a little in here.....

Originally Posted by Paul Ripley
arrogent, smarmy, wide boy pricks..
I couldnt of described you better myself!

Ps Pauls sound & i'd trust him

(yeah right! abouyt as far as i could throw him...!).

*Serious head on*

He's always offered his and his associates help when looking at property, and i know he'd treat me right
Old 19-01-2007, 08:42 AM
ESCYSCOTT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

i'd be a bit cautious about buying a repo house. Credit reference agencies work off addresses and the address may have been blacklisted which will affect YOUR credit rating. This happened to my parents with their house and it took a fookin age to sort out and caused them no end of hassle!!!
Old 19-01-2007, 11:00 AM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

I would never buy a possesed house to spooky for me roflol
Old 19-01-2007, 11:44 AM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Old 19-01-2007, 12:16 PM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

spooky??? lol

the fucker didnt die, they just spent too much
Old 19-01-2007, 07:29 PM
shane
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Thanks for replys, this is my first purchase and it seems to be goin well other than 3 people are viewing the house 2morrow! Although 5 people have viewed it in no ones put in an offer greater than ours as it is good money for the house! Its just winding me up because we could be outbid right up until the end!

As for estate agents i started this process thinkin they were all a bunch of windeboy tossers...and im sticking to it! As its my first purchase i didnt know how things would proceed and they never made all the risks clear from the start as it seems they really wanted us to buy the house,and it wasnt until i saw the mortgage adviser that i was informed of the fact i would lose the money i had paid for fees etc if it falls through!
Old 19-01-2007, 07:34 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Turbosystems
I would never buy a possesed house to spooky for me roflol
same here, fuck that! Roof spinning around and green shit coming out the windows
Old 19-01-2007, 08:15 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

we bought a repossesed house a few years back but that was on a fixed price set by the bank for what they were owed.only problem was we were unable to get any credit once we moved in for anything due to the house being blacklisted
Old 19-01-2007, 10:06 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by shane
As for estate agents i started this process thinkin they were all a bunch of windeboy tossers...and im sticking to it! As its my first purchase i didnt know how things would proceed and they never made all the risks clear from the start as it seems they really wanted us to buy the house,and it wasnt until i saw the mortgage adviser that i was informed of the fact i would lose the money i had paid for fees etc if it falls through!
yup
your money is down the toilet if you don't buy the house
thre was something baout the sellers having to fork out for all of this but i don't know where that law dissapeared to

my soliciter was kind enough to offer to half his fee if the house sale fell through and i almost took him up on the offer as the sellers and the estate agent AND the sellers soliciters never got their fooking fingers out for the best part of 4 months

also, if you are going to mortgage the place the mortgage company will want stuff doing their way as part of the deal