General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

devastating.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Lou Lou.
10K+ Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RIP
Old 03-01-2007, 03:26 PM
farquhar06

Why do chav's insist on having these kind of dogs and kids in such great numbers - things like this are bound to happen.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:39 PM
fatpete

im a dog lover yes the attack was wrong and i im sorry the girl lost her life but the last attack i heard of was two rotti killing a baby a dog can snap any time i know my mastiff snapped killed onother dof and was put to sleep

R.I.P
Old 03-01-2007, 04:08 PM
charlie luciano
10K+ Poster!!

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts
Default dog attack

I wasn't going to comment yesterday but today i'll think i'll throw my 2 pence worth in,

imo children need to be supervised around any dog, i had dogs as a kid and the number was up to three as the years went on, we had a cross alsation/rough collie and the dog was soft as anything but went nuts when people knocked on the door, thats what you want and the term used was a good house dog, i had a ridgeback which was a very lazy and laid back dog but didn't like people bending over her or touching her limbs, only i could do that cos she was my dog and we grew up together, i was eleven and she was 5 months when we got her, and last but no means least we had a cross border collie/jack russell/terrier thing and it was a viscious little fucker but would only play up and act tough when my mother was in the house cos the dog knew it used to upset my mother, dogs are far more intelligent than a lot of people think.

i was in my late teens in the late 80's and witnessed the pit bull explosion,what you have to remember is these dogs were/are bred for aggression and fighting if this natural aggression is not channeled in another direction it can and has been a disaster, i remember a big case when two pit bulls literally bit some blokes face off, a lot of people were getting these dogs because of their reputation and not training, exercising and treating them properly, most of them were locked up in a council flat all day, no wonder they were going off there heads and injuring people, solotude is enough to drive humans mad so i have no doubt it will work on animals too

More control is needed imo for any dog ownership, insurance, some kind of register and life long bans for people who mis-treat and abuse animals, hopefully if that happens these sort of incidents will be few and far between

Luciano
Old 03-01-2007, 04:20 PM
YoungMatt
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Default Re: dog attack

Originally Posted by charlie luciano
I wasn't going to comment yesterday but today i'll think i'll throw my 2 pence worth in,

imo children need to be supervised around any dog, i had dogs as a kid and the number was up to three as the years went on, we had a cross alsation/rough collie and the dog was soft as anything but went nuts when people knocked on the door, thats what you want and the term used was a good house dog, i had a ridgeback which was a very lazy and laid back dog but didn't like people bending over her or touching her limbs, only i could do that cos she was my dog and we grew up together, i was eleven and she was 5 months when we got her, and last but no means least we had a cross border collie/jack russell/terrier thing and it was a viscious little fucker but would only play up and act tough when my mother was in the house cos the dog knew it used to upset my mother, dogs are far more intelligent than a lot of people think.

i was in my late teens in the late 80's and witnessed the pit bull explosion,what you have to remember is these dogs were/are bred for aggression and fighting if this natural aggression is not channeled in another direction it can and has been a disaster, i remember a big case when two pit bulls literally bit some blokes face off, a lot of people were getting these dogs because of their reputation and not training, exercising and treating them properly, most of them were locked up in a council flat all day, no wonder they were going off there heads and injuring people, solotude is enough to drive humans mad so i have no doubt it will work on animals too

More control is needed imo for any dog ownership, insurance, some kind of register and life long bans for people who mis-treat and abuse animals, hopefully if that happens these sort of incidents will be few and far between

Luciano

I read the dog that attacked this young girl was chained up for alot of it's short life outside his house, and I can bet he trained it to be aggressive because word is he's a drug dealer. That's enough reason for ANY dog to go crazy
Old 03-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...you dont have to train a pitbull to be aggressive just like a rottie needs no training to be a guard.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:01 PM
YoungMatt
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Pitbulls. Staffs, English Bull Terriers etc are all from the same Lines. Bulldog, and Terrier. They CAN become naturally aggressive to Dog's but if brought up around them there is a much less chance of the aggression.
When they were bred any aggressive dogs (TOWARDS HUMANS) were culled so that it didn't carry on throughout the bloodlines. The only reason you read of these aggressive ones is people inbreeding and chavs who lock them outside their backgarden all night and throwing them around to make them aggressive and look hard.