General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Fooking mortgage company's...

Search this Thread

Old 13-12-2006, 05:05 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts
Default Fooking mortgage company's...

Just got a call from mortgage advisor guy - rang earlier today to find out whats going on as not heard from him in a couple weeks, and he called back just now asking me to get a letter from my employers basically to provide evidence of my earnings.... Says the mortgage company reckon the copy of the P60 I provided doesn't tally up with how much I said I earned....

Err, well of course it don't! That P60 is from April this year, and I only got the payrise to the level I am on a couple months ago! So naturally it won't reflect that. Secondly, it won't reflect bonus earnings as from Aug to Feb I worked at another company, where the wage was 4k less, and no bonus earnings at all.....

I provided 4 or 5 payslips from Autoglass for them, and since I found a P60 amongst them, I thought it might be helpfull if I copied that too. Wish I hadn't of fucking bothered now as it sounds like the mortgage company are trying to find a reason to pull out

Why is nothing simple? Why can they simply not look at the most recent of the payslips, see my basic is £1532, which you miltiply by 12 to get a yearly basic of £18384, which is what I told them I was on!!! With bonus (projected) at about £80-£100 per week, thats about £23000 give or take - again, what I told them already!!!!!!!!!
Old 13-12-2006, 07:40 PM
Andy_R
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stick with it!!!

In my experience where an application for mortgage does not show clear evidence of earnings(for what ever reason). Proof of earnings will normaly be requested from the applicants employer to support the application.

I have to say I find it unusual that your employers have not been asked for this information directly. Maybe they have and are dragging their heels.

Either way its no huge drama, its normaly information that go's on behind the scenes and your not directly aware of.

It just seems a hastle cause you are aware of whats happening and are being involved in solving the problem.

Best of luck.
Old 13-12-2006, 08:53 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Cheers Andy.... It's just pissing me off, cos I wasn't even asked to provide a copy of the P60! I found it and thought I might aswell, might be usefull, but has caused me nowt but grief!

And also the mortgage guy is turning out to be less helpfull that I initially thought... At first he was REALLY helpfull - explained everything really clearly, found me a good deal that I could afford, did all the paperwork, sorted everything out, etc... Then I don't hear from him, and I have to chase it up, and wait for a call back. And when I DO get a call back, it's to provide something new, or to be told there's a problem with blah blah....

I had to put down a £235 "holding deposit" with the housing corp to secure this property while I sort all the fine details etc, and I specifically said to him that I was reluctant to do it untill I had a real mortgage propsal/offer in my hand, ready to go. He (eventually - a week after he siad he would get it) got the mortgage in principal. I asked how long it would take to go from principal to proposal, he said normally 2 weeks, but that I should get my deposit (£235 housing corp payment) sent off, as now it's at principal, there's virtually no chance at all I won't get the mortgage.... Then I get this bollocks.... So if the mortgage company back out now, not only do I get a nice little black mark against my name/credit rating/whatever, I also lose my £235

No wonder people say buying houses is stressfull